Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Doormat @ 01/19/12 06:47 PM
Main reason I'm getting the Vita version also. Can't wait to try these features out

# 2 sydrogerdavid @ 01/19/12 06:47 PM
I'm loving the new menus and the O's primary logo.

# 3 Mad dog 31 @ 01/19/12 07:03 PM
I've noticed that players who were traded (even recently) have their new teams cap/uniform on in the player card/menu screens.

# 4 Galvatron @ 01/19/12 07:23 PM
It seems to be a very seamless process and it's really swaying my decision whether or not to break the bank for a Vita.

Also interesting that the Vita version's menus have a slightly new look, with a new font and logos in the calendar dates, and the PS3 version has more of the old style just slightly recolored.

# 5 chris68pj @ 01/19/12 07:39 PM
I guess then that PS+ is required for the cloud storage which sucks. Also, since I would only consider the wi-fi version, I would have to remember to load it at home off my network and then save it so that I could pick it up later when I'm at work where I don't have access to a network. A little obnoxious but I can't really complain when I refuse to pay for 3G. Now is it worth paying for PS+ over? Hmmm...

# 6 HustlinOwl @ 01/19/12 07:43 PM
PS+ not required

# 7 DickDalewood @ 01/19/12 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
I guess then that PS+ is required for the cloud storage which sucks. Also, since I would only consider the wi-fi version, I would have to remember to load it at home off my network and then save it so that I could pick it up later when I'm at work where I don't have access to a network. A little obnoxious but I can't really complain when I refuse to pay for 3G. Now is it worth paying for PS+ over? Hmmm...
PS+ is NOT required. The Show will have it's own servers this year that will allow you to transfer one franchise save and one RTTS save.

# 8 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 07:47 PM
Quote:
PS+ is not required.

This is done within the game on The Show's internal cloud. You are allowed to store one save for each mode.

PS+ will allow you to manually have multiple saves done on the PS+ storage. But we do not know how that will work with the Vita since the US store is not up yet.

# 9 Colts4conner @ 01/19/12 07:53 PM
Did anyone else notice that the Astros were still in the National League in that video? In the beginning of the video, on the bottom right it showing the standings of both leagues. I find it interesting that Pineda was switched to the Yankees, while Houston wasn't changed over the American League....interesting.

# 10 tree3five @ 01/19/12 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts4conner
Did anyone else notice that the Astros were still in the National League in that video? In the beginning of the video, on the bottom right it showing the standings of both leagues. I find it interesting that Pineda was switched to the Yankees, while Houston wasn't changed over the American League....interesting.
Houston will be in the NL in 2012, they will move to the AL in 2013

# 11 chris68pj @ 01/19/12 08:06 PM
I have never been so happy to be so wrong! Thanks everyone!

# 12 decga @ 01/19/12 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts4conner
The Astros league change and realignment does not take affect til 2013. Maybe they did implement into the franchise mode. If you play more than the 2012 season.

# 13 Bruinboy @ 01/19/12 09:22 PM
This is the main reason I'm purchasing the Vita. I travel a lot and this will be terrific. I can take it with me. IMO best new addition to MLB the show. Close second, the new ball physics. Kudos to the San Diego team.

# 14 ckarlic @ 01/19/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinboy
This is the main reason I'm purchasing the Vita. I travel a lot and this will be terrific. I can take it with me. IMO best new addition to MLB the show. Close second, the new ball physics. Kudos to the San Diego team.
I agree 100%. I can see myself finishing a season quickly this year. Now I won't gripe so much about my wife's shows ( key word here "much") : )

Transferring save files looks simple enough to me.

# 15 Drew127 @ 01/19/12 10:55 PM
I like the schedule screen better on the vita. I like how it has the team logos and the current highlighted day isn't so magnified that it obstructs the days around it on the schedule like in the PS3 version. I find that the way the current day is magnified to be annoying.

Small complaint, obviously.

# 16 [Icy] @ 01/20/12 04:08 AM
The only reason for me to buy a VITA and both versions of the game. In the past i also had the PSP and PS3 versions and ended playing mor the psp version because portability.

I bet tons of married "the show " fans are going to buy both versions and a VITA.

# 17 Geolink @ 01/20/12 04:32 AM
Wow Michael Pineda in the Yankees uni already?!

# 18 Skyboxer @ 01/20/12 08:53 AM
**sigh**

i'm buying a Vita.....

# 19 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/20/12 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
**sigh**

i'm buying a Vita.....
I spent 20 minutes playing, and the damn thing sold me.

The shared franchise and RttS makes it that much more amazing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.