Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 davis420 @ 01/19/12 11:30 PM
I hope this game turns out well but some of the animations still look a little bit off, like the CF grabbing the triple by Young, maybe I'm just nitpicking.

# 2 rows24 @ 01/19/12 11:37 PM
Noticed a few good things, like new shoes, no blacked out score board. One thing still, the crowd is maxed out. Hopefully there will be dynamic attendance/crowd logic in the franchise mode this is a must!!!!!

# 3 authentic @ 01/19/12 11:46 PM
I hope they took the PS3 version of this game seriously and did what they did with NBA 2K12. If this is the case, I will be buying 3 baseball games on release. That's something I haven't said in a LONG time.

# 4 therockstar2005 @ 01/19/12 11:47 PM
Well, at least they have a video of gameplay out a month and a half before launch, unlike last year. I really do hope this game is good this year...but I'm getting sick of holding my breath every March.

# 5 authentic @ 01/19/12 11:51 PM
Is that a new fielding mechanic? I swear I see a yellow part, a green part and a red part?

# 6 Ollienyy @ 01/19/12 11:52 PM
Took some screenshots from the HD Feed for those who can't watch the video in full yet.

# 7 dodgerblue @ 01/19/12 11:55 PM
Thoughts:

Looks alot like 2k11 in the graphics department, day games looked good already, I'd like to see a night game. The helmets still look too flat.

On the ball hit in the gap, the baserunner was already almost at 2nd by the time the CF got to the ball. I'm sure that can be fixed with sliders but I thought it was a problem last year.

On the relay throw to the cutoff man, the cutoff man just stands there and looks into his glove! doesn't run back into the infield or try to throw to third. Why?

Rounding bases from what I can tell does look better.

Also...not impressed with the interview. "We want the game to play more like the baseball game." Ya, let's hope so.

# 8 mkharsh33 @ 01/20/12 12:13 AM
I like what I'm seeing... I guess some will complain and parse a guy's words in an interview, but I'm more concerned with what I SEE in the gameplay. LOVE the visual stat overlays and I can already see a difference in the ball physics and the line drives, along with the smoothness of baserunning and fielding.

I enjoyed last year's game...something tells me this year will be even better, so I'm pretty excited...

# 9 PVarck31 @ 01/20/12 12:14 AM
Totally unrealistic! Jhonny Peralta would never make that play in real life.

# 10 kennyacid @ 01/20/12 12:18 AM
Ouch..ummmm I'll hold off judgement until I see more.

# 11 sydrogerdavid @ 01/20/12 12:21 AM
The little things!

# 12 Benicio10 @ 01/20/12 12:28 AM
Weak. I wish I still had my PS3.

# 13 authentic @ 01/20/12 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I like what I'm seeing... I guess some will complain and parse a guy's words in an interview, but I'm more concerned with what I SEE in the gameplay. LOVE the visual stat overlays and I can already see a difference in the ball physics and the line drives, along with the smoothness of baserunning and fielding.

I enjoyed last year's game...something tells me this year will be even better, so I'm pretty excited...
MLB 2K11 surprised me. This looks a little better graphically, the screenshots don't look as good as the video. I hope this game got the same thing NBA 2K12 got though, that would be huge.

# 14 Sparkles @ 01/20/12 06:56 AM
still looks like the same mlb 2k crap. i guess ill have to wait another year for mvp to come back

# 15 rudyjuly2 @ 01/20/12 07:02 AM
I didn't get a whole lot out of that video either way. It looks similar to last year. Whether all the little things and bugs got fixed is still unknown.

# 16 Bulls321974 @ 01/20/12 08:01 AM
The colors 2K keep using are sometimes far away from reality. For example Delmon Young's helmet looks like as if it's made out of velvet and that blue has nothing in common with the real color. It should be a real dark navy blue that almost looks black. I also don't think the lighting effects look very realistic. Same goes for the Rangers grey road unis. The afternoon sun never can make such an impact to give these unis that yellowish-grey hue.

But commentary has always been way better compared to MLB The Show.

# 17 Bulls321974 @ 01/20/12 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnian19
don't even call it commentary on the show
they barely talk & they are so disconnected
Commentary is the only true weakness of MLB The Show. But at some point every commentary gets repetitive, so I have no problem at all to ignore that.

# 18 Bulls321974 @ 01/20/12 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnian19
on 2k i don't get bored of it

i went got a ps3 for the show and regretted it
only thing that game has is the graphics
the hitting is easy the commentary is way off
MLB The Show is a true simulation while MLB 2K is rather arcadish.

# 19 Dazraz @ 01/20/12 08:43 AM
Visuals are better but still way behind the competition. That said 2K do the best job in recreate the broadcast aspect of the game.

# 20 Bulls321974 @ 01/20/12 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Stop with the comparisons, you know better than that, c'mon.
What's the big deal? Just talking about facts.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.