Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Don't expect a Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog, according to the official Twitter feed.

Quote:
FYI- There will not be a Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl halftime blog. We'll start discussing Madden NFL 13 once we're ready to talk features.

Don't worry. We're coming out BIG this year!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tfctillidie @ 01/20/12 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Maybe it's because I've been around here, but I just don't see any kind of "us and them" mentality. I understand this level of distrust, but it's not there for me.
So I suppose that makes you ignorant to EA not fulfilling and overselling features?

Again, this is factual. It's not a "us vs them" it's not a "hate" thing. Simply stating a proven fact.

Enjoy the train ride I guess.

# 22 roadman @ 01/20/12 07:38 PM
Twittering, blogging, facebooking, etc..... reaches millions for free. Only cost is their time involved.

I do get your point, though tcf.

# 23 Broncos86 @ 01/20/12 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
So I suppose that makes you ignorant to EA not fulfilling and overselling features?

Again, this is factual. It's not a "us vs them" it's not a "hate" thing. Simply stating a proven fact.

Enjoy the train ride I guess.
I really didn't need to have my intelligence insulted, man. And that was pretty uncalled for. My opinion is that, over the last 3 years, the Madden team has done well and delivered a solid product. I've been around here for years and communicated with that team. You disagree. You don't need try that ad hominem angle.

# 24 jbd345 @ 01/20/12 08:58 PM
Hopefully some kind of integration. I don't get why they can't use CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN, and the NFL Network. When basically everything including Madden is licensed by the NFL. If you want to make "authentic" wouldn't it make sense for them to use them instead of their own? We don't see an EA Sports broadcast on Sundays.

# 25 tfctillidie @ 01/20/12 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I really didn't need to have my intelligence insulted, man. And that was pretty uncalled for. My opinion is that, over the last 3 years, the Madden team has done well and delivered a solid product. I've been around here for years and communicated with that team. You disagree. You don't need try that ad hominem angle.
Sorry but being ignorant to things OS have directly reported on while admitting you've always been here, is being ignorant. It's not an insult to your intelligence to say you're ignoring something, but your hyper sensitivity to my comments tells me not to try and explain further.

No offence was meant. Cheers.

# 26 dkp23 @ 01/21/12 12:50 PM
So will communities be removed? That was a waste. Another year and another hype machine by ea. The worst is when the gamechangers go to test it out, theycant say much and end up saying "don't worry madden fans will be happy". I expect to see the same propaganda this year.

# 27 huskerwr38 @ 01/21/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
The only word I can think of after reading so many reactions like - "Here we go again..."

Jaded....

I have seen some growth in Madden, but I am of the same opinion for the most part.

I feel the lacking memory for them to expand the game to what many of us want/expect with the current gen (360/PS3) is going to keep people wondering what will be sacrificed by the time we get to the next iteration of Madden.
I don't buy that excuse that memory is holding them back. Look at what other sports games are able to accomplish with the 360/PS3, FIFA, NBA 2k, NHL, MLB: The Show. Those games are WAY ahead of Madden in terms of gameplay, animation, player interaction, and just everything else. Just face it Madden is holding back Madden. Heck, Madden isn't even to the level that it was last gen.

# 28 KBLover @ 01/21/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Nothing is accomplished in one cycle, whether that's making a top notch simulation or a casual friendly arcade game. So as disappointed as we all might be with this generation of Madden as a whole, there is little doubt Madden began trending towards increased realism for M10 and M12 seemed to double down on that last year. Considering that, a simple tweet about "we're coming out big this year", in relation to M13 seems like a potentially Big F'n Deal for increased authenticity, imo.
Thing is...why was M11 NOT what M12 was now and then M12 what M13 is supposedly going to be? Why did M11 step back even though it was under the same leadership as M10?

If they can "skip a year" with M11, who says M13 won't "skip a year" and the M14 pick up the M12 torch "full sprint".

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm saying the skeptics aren't either.

And if nothing is accomplished on a cycle...perhaps we should just wait until the cycle where everything is set and finished and buy THAT game?

# 29 KBLover @ 01/21/12 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I don't buy that excuse that memory is holding them back. Look at what other sports games are able to accomplish with the 360/PS3, FIFA, NBA 2k, NHL, MLB: The Show. Those games are WAY ahead of Madden in terms of gameplay, animation, player interaction, and just everything else. Just face it Madden is holding back Madden. Heck, Madden isn't even to the level that it was last gen.
Agreed - it's the code, not the platform. If they are running into memory or whatever else issues, they need to streamline the code and memory management.

The lags in M12 for just changing menus is insane. That's not because the PS3 is too weak to handle menus.

# 30 Broncos86 @ 01/21/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
However, right when all the marketing hype was getting started for M11, we were told upfront that there would be little to no offline/online franchise changes but that it would be a major focus for M12.
Exactly. They were very open and upfront about what to expect for M11.

# 31 TheTruth437 @ 01/21/12 05:31 PM
"We're coming out BIG this year!"

Let's hope so.

# 32 Goblowsoup @ 01/21/12 06:57 PM
Cool, hope it will be big. Like to see them fix the major legacy issues like warping DB's, Super LB's etc. Also would like to see them bring back the authentic stadium sounds. I know it costs money for music, but if they can get something similar or just the audio with now lyrics would be cool to me. NBA2k pulls off the sounds for each stadium and I'm sure those have copyright issues there. Would also like to see them fix blocking and the pass game, I think this years pass game suffered greatly with new defensive AI. But I'm not really upset with this years game, it was decent...just hoping coming out BIG is really BIG and stuns us all.

# 33 Jamake1005 @ 01/21/12 09:01 PM
Haven't bought madden in years. Got Madden 12 for free. Returned it two weeks later. Never again. I'm so sick of the garbage that Madden release every year and ppl run out and buy and then defend the garbage. No thank you. What madden 13 we will say players name correctly and not call them by numbers. DB's will stop morphing through and running Wr routes before the Wr even finishes his route. Not Trolling but this game has been complete garbage for years.

# 34 roadman @ 01/21/12 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamake1005
Haven't bought madden in years. Got Madden 12 for free. Returned it two weeks later. Never again. I'm so sick of the garbage that Madden release every year and ppl run out and buy and then defend the garbage. No thank you. What madden 13 we will say players name correctly and not call them by numbers. DB's will stop morphing through and running Wr routes before the Wr even finishes his route. Not Trolling but this game has been complete garbage for years.
One person's garbage is another person's art.

No need to judge people who don't happen to agree with you.

# 35 TreyIM2 @ 01/21/12 11:37 PM
Quote:
@ all the understandable skeptics, I would just like to point out there have not really been that many times that next gen Madden has been touted to be focused on realism, imo. The only two times that come to mind for me are M10, "What you see on Sunday's" and M12 "True to the game", both of which while far from being stellar games, were "big" improvements of their predecessors.

Even though I disagreed with Ian and Phil's "realism/fun balance" POV, I give them credit for taking Madden in a fundamental direction it had NEVER been before with M10. It of course fell short in many areas and M11 did little to compliment it but M12 picked up the torch "full sprint", imo.

Nothing is accomplished in one cycle, whether that's making a top notch simulation or a casual friendly arcade game. So as disappointed as we all might be with this generation of Madden as a whole, there is little doubt Madden began trending towards increased realism for M10 and M12 seemed to double down on that last year. Considering that, a simple tweet about "we're coming out big this year", in relation to M13 seems like a potentially Big F'n Deal for increased authenticity, imo.
To play devil's advocate, ever hear EA Sports' motto? Heh...

Anyway, I think, based on 10 and 12, that this year WILL be "BIG" for Madden 13. I like the direction of 12 although I still got bored with it, early. Still haven't even completed my first year in my franchise unlike 10 where I was playing deep into the 11 dev cycle and went about 3yrs into my franchise.

I will say that the new add-on tackling was great. MUCH better than Pro-Tak. The hits were wonderful, if not a bit over the top, at times, and I hope they stop much of the "launch tackles"because it's not realistic...

Uhh, that's it. Didn't mean to say that much. Sleepy but I look forward to getting info on the latest Madden, as always.

# 36 B-Lo-Z-Ro @ 01/22/12 12:59 AM
hopefully they come out with custom stadium music like 2k5, uniform edits (like using team colors to change pants, jersey, helmet colors), player appearance edits, franchise custom divisions & schedules, and the fixes like actual wr/db battles and lots more than needs attention other than new features & modes that no one wants... just off the top of my head

# 37 blklightning @ 01/22/12 01:59 AM
honestly, i can't even care about this series anymore. i leave for a game or two and come back to the same old crap. and the same tired promises. they say the same thing every year. "oh, we're going all out this time." yeah, you said that last year. and the year before. so my expectations for madden 13 are in the basement. no, they're in the floor below the basement.

what, there's no floor below the basement. well, i need to then invent a floor that's below the basement so i can put my expectations on that floor.

# 38 blklightning @ 01/22/12 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
It's gonna be the newest Madden EVER.
lol. that would be the most honest tagline for a next gen madden yet.

# 39 mWolfe @ 01/22/12 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Dont be too quick to throw that out the window, and again its not all about the memory either. Their are certain animations that they lack that they can add to improve the game.

Being a huge computer geek, the lack of memory does keep them from adding to much to either graphics or the data, you have to remember that both the 360 and the PS 3 have 512mbs of extended memory that is a shared memory between graphics and data, it puts a cap on how much you can use without causing lockup, freezes or lost data because the graphics and data are trying to compete to allocate the better half of the 512mb avaliable.

In most of todays computer the graphics card has its own memory which helps freee the extended memory to the data base. Hopefuly the new systems will have at least 2gb of extended memory and 512mb for the GPU.
What I would like to here though is that ratings will have more meaning and be a bigger factor in the game versus some of the ratings that have little to no effect on a player.

# 40 kehlis @ 01/22/12 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Once again, it looks like Madden is going to suck. No Halftime Blog? very poor. How can they not see the potential. tut tut.
Yea, no halftime blog definitely means its going to suck. I can't think of any other conclusion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.