Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here is a list of changes.
  • Mike Dunleavy - injured (Strained groin - out indefinitely)
  • Michael Beasley - injured (Mid-foot sprain - out indefinitely)
  • Eric Maynor - injured (Torn ACL - out for the season)
  • Kwame Brown - injured (Torn pectoral - out 3 months)
  • T.J. Ford - injured ( Torn hamstring - out 4-6 weeks)
  • Al Horford - injured (Torn pectoral - out 3 months)
  • Steve Blake - injured (Fractured rib - out 3-4 weeks)
  • Linas Kleiza - back from injury
  • Ishmael Smith - waived
  • Earl Barron - FA signing with Warriors
  • Jeff Foster - injured (Back procedure - out 2 weeks)
  • Mike Miller - back from injury
  • E'Twaun Moore - rookie
  • Isaiah Thomas - rookie
  • Charles Jenkins - rookie
Among the "Biggest Movers" (+ or -) include:
  • Andrew Bynum - Lakers
  • Kyle Lowry - Rockets
  • Ryan Anderson - Magic
  • Ricky Rubio - Timberwolves
  • Byron Mullens - Bobcats
  • DeAndre Jordan - Clippers
  • Jeff Teague - Hawks
  • Spencer Hawes - 76ers
  • Dorell Wright - Warriors
  • Deron Williams - Nets

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 nonnel @ 01/20/12 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
kobe 3pt rating still a 78 even though he is 4th worst in the league? superstar treatment
Yeah. Good thing he's played like 15 years and not just the 15 games this season, eh? Or do you think everyone's ratings should be based on the first part of this season? That makes sense, right?

# 102 alexthegreat @ 01/20/12 10:56 PM
Like i've said before, they have taken a major step back in terms of roster updates this year. We are almost a month into the season and we still don't have proper lineups for most teams. Even though a lot of the team has moved on to 2K13, i have a hard time believing there isn't a team specifically dedicated to updating the rosters, ratings, etc. But i could be wrong, because for the last couple of the years, the work of the supposed "Insider" has been mediocre at best, so i wouldn't be surprised if there was only 1 person working on rosters. Im just really frustrated how they advertised that this year was gonna be the most realistic and up to date year ,in terms of rosters, ratings, and accessories, and they have taken two big steps back.

# 103 bigball12 @ 01/20/12 11:11 PM
Updates DeAndre Jordan's rating, but still has yet to change his jersey number from #9 to #6? SMH

# 104 ama3599 @ 01/20/12 11:14 PM
Um Ty Lawson is still 77, if lowry is bumped why not bump him... Not even a Nuggets fan but this was a no no, and thats just one rating, there are so many flaws still

# 105 infam0us @ 01/20/12 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
Like i've said before, they have taken a major step back in terms of roster updates this year. We are almost a month into the season and we still don't have proper lineups for most teams. Even though a lot of the team has moved on to 2K13, i have a hard time believing there isn't a team specifically dedicated to updating the rosters, ratings, etc. But i could be wrong, because for the last couple of the years, the work of the supposed "Insider" has been mediocre at best, so i wouldn't be surprised if their was only 1 person working on rosters. Im just really frustrated how they advertised that this year was gonna be the most realistic and up to date year ,in terms of rosters, ratings, and accessories, and they have taken two big steps back.
Agree with that, seeing that line over here from different people on how you have a lot of people working on 2k13. How many people do they need to update the roster?

# 106 stillfeelme @ 01/20/12 11:19 PM
Quote:
ratings are based on how they are currently playing , when you shoot 80 3pointers and only make 17 you deserve a decrease. Dont use name recognition and past seasons as the reason to keep his rating high, thats the weakest excuse kids use when star players are struggling

26% with over 70 attempts = decrease regardless of players name. HE can have rating increase when he shows better shot selection instead of chucking every game

10th in the league in attempts and 4th worse 3pt % nothing else to say
I have to agree Kobe mid range should go up but his 3pt % should go down most teams are about 15 games into a 66 game season that is 22% of the season games 1/5 or so of the season has already been played. The updates should be coming faster because they are playing more games. By 15 games in why should they still be trying to rate players based off their career numbers? If someone is having a bad year in one area it should show somewhat

# 107 basehead617 @ 01/21/12 12:09 AM
By the way, regarding players the roster doesn't have, it's also possible they don't have heads/etc for some of the 2nd rounders even done. Some are guys that weren't even expected to be drafted.. I'm sure the fanbase would not want time spent by artists doing heads for guys that might not even be drafted, taking valuable art time away from working on the star players or the starters, etc.

Regardless of that though, I find it hard to understand the obsession with so many guys who never even play, and may never play.

# 108 youALREADYknow @ 01/21/12 12:36 AM
Quote:
ratings are based on how they are currently playing , when you shoot 80 3pointers and only make 17 you deserve a decrease. Dont use name recognition and past seasons as the reason to keep his rating high, thats the weakest excuse kids use when star players are struggling

26% with over 70 attempts = decrease regardless of players name. HE can have rating increase when he shows better shot selection instead of chucking every game

10th in the league in attempts and 4th worse 3pt % nothing else to say
The sample size of 72 attempts holds very little weight against his career 4,000+ attempts or even his 1,000 or so attempts from the past few seasons.

Kobe should not have a 78 3PT rating, but that's because he's a career 34% 3PT shooter and has only had a couple of seasons in his entire career that he's averaged above 35% from 3PT territory. It's NOT because he's off to a cold shooting start from 3PT territory in just 72 attempts.

Kobe should realistically be rated around 70-74 depending on how much you value recent performance versus career performance.

If we're going to raise issues as a community and treat them as if they are important then we can't use poor logic to back up our claims. Overreacting to 10-20 games of data is exactly how you end up with the kind of roster update that was just released.

# 109 TerryLabonte44 @ 01/21/12 01:59 AM
FINALLY E'Tawn Moore is in it now we need Greg Stiemsma

# 110 Agentreef4 @ 01/21/12 02:39 AM
Rashard Lewis, Nick Young, Jordan Crawford jumpers changed updated

# 111 LBird33 @ 01/21/12 08:44 AM
Jeremy Pargo is on the roster of the grizzlies??

# 112 PrettyT11 @ 01/21/12 08:56 AM
Man WTF have they done to Durant's shot?? It is horrible. The shot he had was just fine. I see why dude on here was pissed when he went into that game with the Thunder now.

# 113 VDusen04 @ 01/21/12 10:14 AM
I apologize for being out of the loop but have any haircut edits been made? Is that still a feature? Has 2K stated they are experiencing any technical difficulties?

Also, I am not using these updates as of right now but merely out of curiosity, how would the editing appear to be limited enough to apparently not correctly change DeAndre Jordan's jersey number (if it's true it remains unchanged)? Like, does anyone know how this process works? Is it one person responsible for these changes? A team? I understand the inability or difficulty that may come along with adding new players. However, it seems basic editing functions are sometimes neglected and I'm wondering how this comes about.

# 114 ksuttonjr76 @ 01/21/12 10:31 AM
Tried Paul George's new jumper...very smooth. Now, I'm p*ssed that he didn't update Paul George's 3PT rating and height. Heck...he was ALREADY editing the player, why not follow through to completion?

# 115 gator3guy @ 01/21/12 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBird33
Jeremy Pargo is on the roster of the grizzlies??
nope...............

# 116 Yungturbo @ 01/21/12 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
Please tell me you are joking about Rubio having a 85 three point rating??
Lmao 2k Is a joke Robio has a higher 3 than Kevin Durant haha 2k Is a joke lol Robio only took 27 3s and they give him a 85 lol.

# 117 Goffs @ 01/21/12 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I apologize for being out of the loop but have any haircut edits been made? Is that still a feature? Has 2K stated they are experiencing any technical difficulties?

Also, I am not using these updates as of right now but merely out of curiosity, how would the editing appear to be limited enough to apparently not correctly change DeAndre Jordan's jersey number (if it's true it remains unchanged)? Like, does anyone know how this process works? Is it one person responsible for these changes? A team? I understand the inability or difficulty that may come along with adding new players. However, it seems basic editing functions are sometimes neglected and I'm wondering how this comes about.
No looks have been changed from what I've seen....only graphical update is the Toronto Raptors one.

# 118 rangerrick012 @ 01/21/12 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Just for reference, an 88 3PT rating means that a player is expected to shoot around 42-45% from 3PT for the rest of the season (and presumably their career). That kind of percentage would likely rank a player among the top 25 3PT shooters of all-time.
This is ridiculous...one of the main issues with the game since day 1 has been the ratings of guys and in particular the 3pt ratings being out of whack. I don't know why 2K feels like everyone needs to be Reggie Miller from the 3pt line...I mean Rubio an 85?

I'm not even one of the serious 2K h8ters but this is pure mess. It was fine last year as far as 3pt ratings, don't know why 2K felt the need to make everyone's 3pt rating randomly go up. Did the NBA make a rule change and move up the 3pt line, and just let 2K know before everyone else?

# 119 TheBadazz @ 01/21/12 11:28 AM
Rip Hamilton shot is smoother. I was a bricklayer with his old shot.

# 120 SwaggerCoach @ 01/21/12 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungturbo
Lmao 2k Is a joke Robio has a higher 3 than Kevin Durant haha 2k Is a joke lol Robio only took 27 3s and they give him a 85 lol.
Ricky Robio Cop doesn't approve of your shenanigans.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.