Home
News Post

PSNation has posted day 2 of their MLB 12 The Show hands-on preview. This one covers Road the the Show.

Quote:
First-off is the “good hit” and “bad hit” choices the AI makes for each of your at-bats. The system is still very flexible and takes the situation into account more than “did you get a hit or not” as in previous years. Also, for those that may have missed it last year, in situations like an ordered hit and run, you aren’t penalized anymore, and instead the challenge is cancelled. This was really frustrating in previous years, as you’d be penalized for missing a Hit & Run by no fault of your own, because the pitcher threw an unhittable ball into the dirt. Now, the system takes factors like that into account, which means you may even be awarded some training points even if you don’t fully succeed in the task.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Chaos81 @ 01/21/12 01:10 AM
Quote:
Also, for those that may have missed it last year, in situations like an ordered hit and run, you aren’t penalized anymore, and instead the challenge is cancelled.
Nice. This drove me crazy and I didn't even play that much.

# 2 BatsareBugs @ 01/21/12 01:54 AM
I hope that means you don't penalized for doing the running part of it anymore.

# 3 metsfan4life1 @ 01/21/12 09:45 AM
Yes, they got the changes into Citi Field! And they got them right, as much as I can see. Hopefully they got the RF exactly correct too, and also the HD jumbotrom down the RF line which is located right at the end of the Left side of the stadiums' second deck.

# 4 enice128 @ 01/21/12 09:53 AM
game sounds & looks great as always! also, off topic, but its nice to see the walls lowered & now blue at citifield as A DIEHARD METS FAN (unfortunately,LOL)!

# 5 MetsFan16 @ 01/21/12 10:03 AM
Did you get a chance to play as a catcher? And do you know if you can not call every pitch but only play plays that involve you (Steals, Bunts, Pop-Ups)

# 6 cp22 @ 01/21/12 10:56 AM
My main complaint with this mode is the slow load times between games, and the lack of anything outside the field. Like there are no press conferences, no endorsements, not anything really. The rtts is still very good, by it just gets too boring.

# 7 pay_26 @ 01/21/12 11:21 AM
Is it my imagination o josh hamilton in photo, batting gloves are new

# 8 Hollywood718 @ 01/21/12 11:36 AM
Can we view the leagues transactions again in rtts? It was taken out in 11 and it was in the game every yr since 07, As far as the the daily box scores around the league and the trades around the league!! And as far as offseason, I'm the type to sim it daily, just because I like to see all the teams updates! I like to view all the things that every team does do that I can know the upcoming teams and see who's doing what!! I'm probably one of few whom plays rtts through out the whole game with out your player fast forward, also, when will we have an option to view other games around the league??

# 9 woz411 @ 01/21/12 01:44 PM
love it!!!

# 10 BaylorBearBryant @ 01/21/12 05:27 PM
I'm waiting for the day when we can play RTTS online with other RTTS'ers on virtual teams.

# 11 willz1985 @ 01/23/12 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Did you get a chance to play as a catcher? And do you know if you can not call every pitch but only play plays that involve you (Steals, Bunts, Pop-Ups)
I really hope this is an option on the game.

As much as calling the pitches is a great option i find it adds far too much time to the game. I preferred it as you said in MLB 10 with the keys plays that only involved your guy

# 12 Bobhead @ 01/23/12 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I don't think this is really possible. In order to know whether or not the play will involve you, the AI would have to already know the pitch that will be thrown. Since you have influence over the pitch selection, the AI has no way to make such a selection.

# 13 MetsFan16 @ 01/23/12 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't think this is really possible. In order to know whether or not the play will involve you, the AI would have to already know the pitch that will be thrown. Since you have influence over the pitch selection, the AI has no way to make such a selection.
The CPU can take over the pitch calling aspect like it does for every other position you play.

# 14 Eman5805 @ 01/23/12 07:33 PM
Judging from what I read vs what I remember in the last year's version, the only thing the game needs is more ancillary content and it'll be perfect. Things like endorsements, interviews...make your player feel more alive...but all the same.

Man, can't wait to get my hands on this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.