Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The UFC Undisputed 3 demo is available now for 360, later today for PS3.

*UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS3 users.

Play a few matches and post your impressions here. If you are away from your 360, you can queue it up right here.

As posted yesterday, the UFC Undisputed 3 demo roster includes Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones and legend Anderson Silva, from the UFC side, while Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Wanderlei Silva, are available on the Pride FC side.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
You may also see the demo promoted on storefront banners within XBOX Live Marketplace and the Playstation Store.

XBOX 360:
PLEASE NOTE - The UFC 3 demo is exclusive to XBOX Gold Members for the first 7 days (this is standard). It will be free to everyone after this period. There are many Gold trial options available if you are not a Gold member.

Hit Guide Button
Scroll to "Games" tab
Select "Demo"
Select "Search"
Scroll to "U"
Select "UFC 3" and download
PS3 (free to everyone):

PLAYSTATION 3:

Select "PlayStation Store"
Select "Demos"
Select "UFC 3" and download

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 aholbert32 @ 01/25/12 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfro0925
I'm starting to think the scorecard is glitched. I know I'm beating jones but they always see the fight as 9-10 in his favor. Even in the cutscene jones is walking to his corner shaking his head disappointed but he manages to get the judges points. I've lost count how many times I've rematched but I'm like 1-something, haven't touched the rampage fight yet
I actually like that. Last year, I could always tell who won by decision by the cut scene before the announcement even on close decisions. I like this way better. Also, I've had around 15 decisions and the right person has won every time.

# 122 aholbert32 @ 01/25/12 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
1 round fights for the demo? Really? Kinda hard to gauge the game when we can't even fight a full 3 round fight at the least.

Anyways, it does feel better than 2010. That said, the CPU still seems to always be pushing forward and I'm not sure slower paced fights are possible. I guess I'm just going to have to see impressions when the full game comes out.

Also, have we even heard anything about career mode aside from that one trailer with Rampage? The game is a few weeks from release and I haven't seen any articles on it or anything. I'm worried about that.
There are plenty of articles and clips on Gamespot and other similar websites. They came out last week. Not a ton of changes to career mode.

# 123 wyrm187 @ 01/25/12 09:34 AM
This game is gonna be great imo - love the fact that you can block in the clinch now- you can still do a lot of damage but its not game over when you get stuck in the clinch.

Couple questions for you guys - I hate to say anything is overpowered just from playing the demo but what is up with the side mount? How the hell do you defend against the strikes from side control? Everytime me or my brother got the other one in side control we just hammered down unblockable strikes (only played on sim difficulty) and the guy getting hit always gets stunned. Just seems way too strong

Is anyone else having any issues accidentally initiating submissions during attempted transitions on the ground? Its pissing me off you can't cancel it once its started - we played a couple games with the hud on to see how stamina played out in sim mode and attempting a sub drains your stamina pretty heavily. So when I accidentally push it in its really starting to make me aggravated - why couldnt they have mapped the sub attempt to a different button other than the stick that's used in transitions? It just doesnt make any sense to me

# 124 BlueNGold @ 01/25/12 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There are plenty of articles and clips on Gamespot and other similar websites. They came out last week. Not a ton of changes to career mode.
Ugh.

Can we at least use UFC guys this year or are we still stuck with CAFs?

# 125 Phobia @ 01/25/12 10:00 AM
I am starting to enjoy the game more. There is some serious serious issue that need to be addressed like aggressive CPU, Stamina balance issues, etc but across the board I am feeling like this is going to be like a improved version of 09.

Finally think I will be able to have fun with this one online. Simulation settings of course.

I am liking the "never" know how it will end angle the game has. Like the last fight in my video. I thought for sure I had that match.

# 126 aholbert32 @ 01/25/12 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Ugh.

Can we at least use UFC guys this year or are we still stuck with CAFs?
UFC guys can be used in career mode this year.

# 127 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/25/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
This game is gonna be great imo - love the fact that you can block in the clinch now- you can still do a lot of damage but its not game over when you get stuck in the clinch.

Couple questions for you guys - I hate to say anything is overpowered just from playing the demo but what is up with the side mount? How the hell do you defend against the strikes from side control? Everytime me or my brother got the other one in side control we just hammered down unblockable strikes (only played on sim difficulty) and the guy getting hit always gets stunned. Just seems way too strong

Is anyone else having any issues accidentally initiating submissions during attempted transitions on the ground? Its pissing me off you can't cancel it once its started - we played a couple games with the hud on to see how stamina played out in sim mode and attempting a sub drains your stamina pretty heavily. So when I accidentally push it in its really starting to make me aggravated - why couldnt they have mapped the sub attempt to a different button other than the stick that's used in transitions? It just doesnt make any sense to me
To be honest, the side mount is a very dominant position in real life, which is why people always try to get into it, you have free reign to rain down punches. Best way to defend that is to not get caught in it in the 1st place.

Far as starting submissions by accident, nope never had that problem. So either your controller is worn out or you just pressing too hard downward when you swirling the sticks.

# 128 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/25/12 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I am starting to enjoy the game more. There is some serious serious issue that need to be addressed like aggressive CPU, Stamina balance issues, etc but across the board I am feeling like this is going to be like a improved version of 09.

Finally think I will be able to have fun with this one online. Simulation settings of course.

I am liking the "never" know how it will end angle the game has. Like the last fight in my video. I thought for sure I had that match.
Yeah I like that aspect of the game a lot. You never know might happen. Because even though you rock a guy or you get rocked, you have a good 50/50 chance of recovering if you are good at blocking and swaying.

For example, Rampage knocked me down, he tried face stomping me 4 times. I swayed on the ground and he missed all 4 times while I was stunned. Got back up and clipped with a high kick to the face that KO'ed him.

Another time I was on the ground on all fours. He tried to soccer kick me in the face, but I blocked it and pulled guard, game myself time to recover by holding him. Eventually reversed him and started dropping hammer fists on him, thought I was going to win but he managed to push me off of him.

I was like oh crap, I'm gassed now because I went for the kill, he clipped me with an upper cut when I tried to shoot in on him, KO'ng me.

# 129 Phobia @ 01/25/12 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah I like that aspect of the game a lot. You never know might happen. Because even though you rock a guy or you get rocked, you have a good 50/50 chance of recovering if you are good at blocking and swaying.

For example, Rampage knocked me down, he tried face stomping me 4 times. I swayed on the ground and he missed all 4 times while I was stunned. Got back up and clipped with a high kick to the face that KO'ed him.

Another time I was on the ground on all fours. He tried to soccer kick me in the face, but I blocked it and pulled guard, game myself time to recover by holding him. Eventually reversed him and started dropping hammer fists on him, thought I was going to win but he managed to push me off of him.

I was like oh crap, I'm gassed now because I went for the kill, he clipped me with an upper cut when I tried to shoot in on him, KO'ng me.
Yea GMSS might be the best year for the UFC league to come back *hint hint*

# 130 wyrm187 @ 01/25/12 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
To be honest, the side mount is a very dominant position in real life, which is why people always try to get into it, you have free reign to rain down punches. Best way to defend that is to not get caught in it in the 1st place.

Far as starting submissions by accident, nope never had that problem. So either your controller is worn out or you just pressing too hard downward when you swirling the sticks.
fair enough on the side mount - I can't believe no one else is not experiencing accidentally initiating subs - we were both doing it with fairly new controllers ... not a game breaker - just super annoying.

I feel like this game wont need too many tweaks when it comes out which is refreshing- I can live without any actually, a shame there will be no ranked sim fatigue setting but maybe they'll patch it.

more questions

Has anyone entered the stun state from a body blow? havent seen that yet

and is it always X amount of leg kicks before a leg kick TKO? or can you almost have a like flash leg kick KO?

# 131 seasprite @ 01/25/12 01:58 PM
Love the demo, already far better than last years game. Had an epic moment as Rampage....went in for the take down and stumbled....Wandy kneed me in the head staggering me. Wandy proceeded to punt kick my face for a knockout.... One thing I really noticed was the the standup was a bit slower and the ground seemed a bit faster with transitions. Looking forward to this day one buy.

# 132 aholbert32 @ 01/25/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
fair enough on the side mount - I can't believe no one else is not experiencing accidentally initiating subs - we were both doing it with fairly new controllers ... not a game breaker - just super annoying.

I feel like this game wont need too many tweaks when it comes out which is refreshing- I can live without any actually, a shame there will be no ranked sim fatigue setting but maybe they'll patch it.

more questions

and is it always X amount of leg kicks before a leg kick TKO? or can you almost have a like flash leg kick KO?
I'm seeing the accidentally initiating subs but it has to do with me doing the shine incorrectly on transitions.

Stunned state body shots occur because of stamina not strike placement. I dont think there are flash body or leg KOs

# 133 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/25/12 02:01 PM
Quote:

more questions

Depends on the fighter, some fighters kick harder then others, just like some punch harder then others, so it isn't a set number of leg kicks for a TKO. But I doubt you can have a flash leg kick. In order for that to happen a fighter will have to have 99 kick power and the other like 10 leg defense or something like that.

Far as stunning people from body blows, yeah I done it to Rampage a couple of times. Grant it it isn't as easy to pull off a stun shot to the head though.

# 134 Phobia @ 01/25/12 02:08 PM
Is battling for the shoot take down or defending it, is it still spinning the right stick?? That is how I have been doing it but since the subs have changed away from that just was wondering if the take downs have also?

# 135 wyrm187 @ 01/25/12 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Is battling for the shoot take down or defending it, is it still spinning the right stick?? That is how I have been doing it but since the subs have changed away from that just was wondering if the take downs have also?
yep 10char

# 136 TheShizNo1 @ 01/25/12 02:54 PM
Sounds like after time, you guys are warming up to it. GMSS, Aholbert, Phobia, I appreciate your guy's thorough impressions. I'll probably download it tonight.

# 137 jb12780 @ 01/25/12 03:03 PM
What level is everyone playing on?

# 138 aholbert32 @ 01/25/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Advanced. I tried Legend and while it does reduce the agressive AI, the CPU is too good at reversals and strike defense.

# 139 Phobia @ 01/25/12 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Advanced seems most balanced for my skill level.

# 140 jb12780 @ 01/25/12 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Advanced. I tried Legend and while it does reduce the agressive AI, the CPU is too good at reversals and strike defense.
Thats what I noticed too. Every time you go to posture up in the guard you get flipped over on to your back.

EDIT: Bones is a freak of nature in this game. I would really like to see this matchup IRL.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.