Home
News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 thaSLAB @ 01/24/12 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04

Oh and they gave something away in that video! You see it?
I did!

Wait, thought I saw Fielder with a Tigers jersey on...LOL

# 62 nemesis04 @ 01/24/12 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I did!

Wait, thought I saw Fielder with a Tigers jersey on...LOL
Great, now you have 2 big potato's!

# 63 GibsonD90 @ 01/24/12 05:06 PM
Quote:

I watched it multiple times looking for something different. Only things I've noticed so far was a button (X) over a runner on the display for your runners, which I don't think has been there before, and maybe something was different in that select menu in the bottom, but i doubt it.

Nevermind, I realize that X is for Move controls now.

# 64 BDKiiing @ 01/24/12 05:09 PM
David Freese
That ball off of 3rd base

And any one else notice the double sleeves? above elbow in one color and the full sleeve in another?

# 65 GibsonD90 @ 01/24/12 05:14 PM
Does it have anything to do with that Cooperstown Collection logo? Hmmmm? Added Jerseys or something?

# 66 metsfan4life1 @ 01/24/12 05:15 PM
Graphics look a little better than last year. Also, They got the changes to Citi right! And the new jerseys. The only fault I have is that they're missing the HD Scorebaord on the right side down the RF line.. That is big detail! And also, the scoreboard liner that goes around the 2 nddeck does not go all the way around..

# 67 nemesis04 @ 01/24/12 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonD90
Does it have anything to do with that Cooperstown Collection logo? Hmmmm? Added Jerseys or something?
Definitely has to do with something but not that! Nope!

# 68 GibsonD90 @ 01/24/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Definitely has to do with something but not that! Nope!
Spill the beans! 1st half or 2nd?

# 69 Ninjoid @ 01/24/12 05:19 PM
It's not you on the move controller is it Nem? We get a free Nemesis doll with every sale? lol

# 70 thaSLAB @ 01/24/12 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I couldnt 100% tell if swing animations were corrected this year, but it looks like they werent (#1 selling point for me). I also noticed when the SD player slid feet first into 2nd base his bent leg was still the first to hit the bag (should be the straight leg). Saw the old double clutch that shouldnt be present when Agon started that double play. Overall I saw more things I didnt like than I did (the ball hitting the bag was cool, can we make a play on it or is it an automatic hit?).
You can most certainly field the ball after it hits the bag. It's definitely not a high occurrence either, as I only saw it once during the community event; where I proceeded to field the ball and throw to first... he was safe by a hair, in case you were wondering. I saw another ball that skipped over the bag, and down the baseline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped3328
Oatmeal commercial? No way. With a name like Campbell, it's got to be a soup commercial!

Hmmmmm, maybe they should call him... Soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I know I saw 2 out of 4 things that need to be corrected at Busch Stadium.

Spoiler

David Freese.
I highly doubt any of the stadium changes we went over are in this video. We've only been gone from SD for 4 days (2 work days).

# 71 idesign2 @ 01/24/12 05:27 PM
Does this new feature involve the San Diego Studio intro animation? Noticed it was different from last year's intro.

# 72 Sco291 @ 01/24/12 05:29 PM
2 things I noticed and f'ing LOVED:

1.) The sounds are MUCH more crisp. When a player slides it sounds more alive, hitting sounds way better with a little "pop" echo -lovely touch, and when a player catches a ball, it sounds a lot more "tight" and crisp. Also the same for when the catcher catches the pitch.

2.) Speaking of catchers... did anyone catch in the clip of MIA/ARI the catcher for the Marlins is in a different set position? Very nice!

I think the new sounds they added are going to add so much more of a different feel to this years game. Awesome.

# 73 thaSLAB @ 01/24/12 05:30 PM
Quote:
Ha! "I like potatoes!"

I'm surprised that no one has caught it yet tho.

# 74 WarningTrackPower @ 01/24/12 05:31 PM
A couple screen shots that I took that looked really nice to me..

I really like the follow through on Freese's swing. Matt Kemp's also looked very nice. In addition, I like how Adrian's stride looked when the "full move support" was being shown.

The sliding and tag animations look really nice as well.

Anyone else watch this video a million billion times, like me?

# 75 dlk90514 @ 01/24/12 05:32 PM
Quote:
Nope!!!!
Is it that the fans finally are sitting in the first row of the monster seats?

# 76 thaSLAB @ 01/24/12 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
Does this new feature involve the San Diego Studio intro animation? Noticed it was different from last year's intro.
It was the same, just sped up.

# 77 loganmorrison1 @ 01/24/12 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganmorrison1
The card system, looks like a new rating system for team's depth chart, has skills on the card and a number and color rating. Looks real sweet
HELLO

This is the answer, if you pause the game you can read the cards and see how they enhanced the rating system of the players

# 78 bcruise @ 01/24/12 05:35 PM
I see what appears to be an online HRD right after the card thing, and I don't think that was in the game last year. Also it looks like it's in real time for all players, given that there's an out counter for each name.

Maybe that's one of the things nem was hinting at?

Ah, in addition I bet those swing tracks are the swings of each player that swung at that pitch, all being displayed at the same time.

# 79 thaSLAB @ 01/24/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I see what appears to be an online HRD right after the card thing, and I don't think that was in the game last year. Also it looks like it's in real time for all players, given that there's an out counter for each name.

Maybe that's one of the things nem was hinting at?
Yeah, that's exactly how it works... should be fun!

I don't think that's what Nem was referring to tho.

# 80 metsfan4life1 @ 01/24/12 05:48 PM
Is it the changes to Citi Field?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.