Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted some MLB 12 The Show franchise mode improvements.

Quote:
One of our goals going into this development cycle was to enhance the trade logic for CPU teams to better mimic their real-life counterparts. In order to do so, we had to examine the current system and identify the faults to then build and improve upon it. This year we are considering more factors in each trade offer, with the end result being more realistic trades. Teams are valuing their rosters much higher this year, and they aren’t going to ship out prospects so easily, nor will they offer up too many players to fill a positional void. You’ll also see more trades that better suit the teams’ current strategies (i.e. playoff push vs. rebuilding strategies).

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DJ @ 01/27/12 02:51 PM
Menus look a lot better than the past few years. Glad to hear the trade logic has been improved.

# 22 Smitty730 @ 01/27/12 02:52 PM
As a franchise-only guy, all of this look great...

...but whydoes Dave Freese have an F power rating?

# 23 garyjr33 @ 01/27/12 03:01 PM
I also just noticed at the top of the trade screen it says, "seeking: SP, RP, CP, 3B, C." This is simple but phenomenal addition. It is nice to see what the computer is looking before your try to make trades with them.

# 24 sydrogerdavid @ 01/27/12 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Wonder if there'll be a trade finder option too? That's the most useful thing for franchise modes for me.
No trade finder this year.

# 25 econoodle @ 01/27/12 03:03 PM
Emails, I dont see the option in the menu screen where it usually is.
did it get moved or vamoosed?

edit:
also hope with a reboot of franchise next year will see the death of yellow bars and report card grading and progress to a straight number system [talk about saving even more real estate].

man i wish they would work with Baseball Prospectus.

# 26 Marino @ 01/27/12 03:04 PM
I'll still use a wait and see approach on the new trade logic, but all in all, looking forward to this game.

# 27 thaSLAB @ 01/27/12 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Wonder if there'll be a trade finder option too? That's the most useful thing for franchise modes for me.
There is...kinda sorta. You can tab between teams on the trade screens, and it will tell you what the other teams are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
The advanced stats that were 99 cents to 2.99 last year (I forget the price)? Do we have to buy them again? On that same note, do you have to buy the classic stadiums again from 11?
No, you do not have to repurchase any DRM.

# 28 ckarlic @ 01/27/12 03:18 PM
Love the new look of the franchise menus. Can't wait to see them in person on my TV screen and Vita

# 29 MetsFan16 @ 01/27/12 03:24 PM
This is great news. I know a lot of people are saying stuff like, "I'm going to skip this year because they said that Franchise will be getting a huge overhaul, but most of thier energy went towards the Vita. So I'm going to wait for MLB 13." And the improvements they made this year even with the Vita is a lot! New Trade Logic, Lineup Logic, New front Menu with upcoming game and league leaders. This mode is definetly going to be better than MLB 11 wchich already very good!

# 30 econoodle @ 01/27/12 03:48 PM
from the blog

Quote:
The Franchise home menu has been enhanced, bringing you more team and league content, including…adding in your next game information, displaying the current standings, and showing you the current league leaders for batting and pitching. These additions aren’t limited to the Major League ball club, and are also accessible to your Triple-A and Double-A teams.
i only have 10 and this stuff was already in there.
was it taken out in 11 and put back in for 12?

# 31 thaSLAB @ 01/27/12 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
from the blog

i only have 10 and this stuff was already in there.
was it taken out in 11 and put back in for 12?

Meaning it's no longer hidden behind button presses.

# 32 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/27/12 04:13 PM
Blzer.... I'm counting on you to post comparison shots of 11 & 12's franchise menu screens so we can see all the differences and improvements and get even more excited

# 33 econoodle @ 01/27/12 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Blzer.... I'm counting on you to post comparison shots of 11 & 12's franchise menu screens so we can see all the differences and improvements and get even more excited

sorry for the low quality youtube pic from 11.
maybe someone can get the standings page as a direct comparison.

still the same skeletal look to the menus, i'd say the color and borders were changed.
but location, size and style is the same as 11.
looks nicer than 11 to be sure, but its still based off the same design.
and still looks waaaay to cluttered [not this screen, but the player screens in the blog]
this has been a problem in every Show installment.

heres hoping for a refresh for 13.

# 34 thaSLAB @ 01/27/12 04:29 PM
LOL, no comment.

Edit: Ok, maybe I do... One question, econoodle: may I ask how you feel about the stat graphics, scorebars, tickers, and other displays on MLB Network?

# 35 Sheamazin @ 01/27/12 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

sorry for the low quality youtube pic from 11.
maybe someone can get the standings page as a direct comparison.

still the same skeletal look to the menus, i'd say the color and borders were changed.
but location, size and style is the same as 11.
looks nicer than 11 to be sure, but its still based off the same design.
and still looks waaaay to cluttered [not this screen, but the player screens in the blog]
this has been a problem in every Show installment.

heres hoping for a refresh for 13.
I think it looks really good. The starting pitcher spot is pretty sweet.

# 36 econoodle @ 01/27/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
I think it looks really good. The starting pitcher spot is pretty sweet.

i LOVE that as well. they also added the up to date score for the series thus far.

the whole thing has a MLB NETWORK feel to the color [and overall] scheme, which is a big plus.

# 37 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/27/12 04:45 PM
The espn article was a misquote.

# 38 BatsareBugs @ 01/27/12 04:48 PM
I'm glad that David Freese isn't an A just for his playoff exploits because he can't stay on the field for a full season nor is he a good defender, but I personally think an A-potential is generous for him, unless it is a lower-A potential then I'm fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty730
As a franchise-only guy, all of this look great...

...but whydoes Dave Freese have an F power rating?
Well for starters his slugging percentage is pretty average for a guy who hit close to .300 and even if he did have 5 home runs in the playoffs, that's not going to boost it. According to the bar rating, any rating in the middle is considered "average" even though it is an F (probably a D-rating equivalent to last year).

Freese is a good hitter for average and always has been.

In any case, enough about David Freese, with the change in the CPU generator, I wonder if that means less 95+ MPH fastball/slow knuckleballers will be in the default rosters.

# 39 econoodle @ 01/27/12 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
The espn article was a misquote.
as far as the FA bidding process quote?
if so, man, these writers are butchering these previews. lol

diving deeper into the menu look for 12.
I like going back to the style of background 10 had.
this year is more baseball and network style.
11's looked to cartoony, with the stadiums.

on the topic of menus, tabarnes, did u notice any lag navigating fran-mode?

thanks.

# 40 thaSLAB @ 01/27/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer19
How do you know? I'd like to hear it come from Ramone. No offense.

*in my best Ramone voice*

It was a misquote. Better?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.