Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Flaxseed Oil @ 01/27/12 05:50 PM
The textures look a little better. Especially in the minor league sequences, you can see the shine of the helmet a little better.

# 2 SoxFan01605 @ 01/27/12 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
The textures look a little better. Especially in the minor league sequences, you can see the shine of the helmet a little better.
Agreed. The equipment/accessories in general look better. The uniforms look like they had a bit more "give" to them as well. Still not very good IMO, but less pasted on.

# 3 m1ke_nyc @ 01/27/12 06:02 PM
looks a little better graphically, but cmon we need to see more.

# 4 guitargd20 @ 01/27/12 06:21 PM
The gloves and bats look better in my opinion, the handles on the bats have tape on there now. 2K needs to do some serious work on the colors though the detroit blue is way too light. Comerica looks good at night!

# 5 DeuceDouglas @ 01/27/12 06:28 PM
Man, those graphics look awful. I'll stick with my MVP 2005 w/ updated graphics and rosters thank you.

# 6 Sparkles @ 01/27/12 06:42 PM
ughhhhhhhhhhhhh same game 3 years straight

# 7 DWADEFAN3 @ 01/27/12 06:51 PM
Yea im not impressed. I made the mistake of getting 2k three years in a row now. Gotta move on to the show it looks like.

# 8 ZakDodge15 @ 01/27/12 06:57 PM
You guys realize that was probably a video from last years game, they haven't released much on the game to start what makes you think that was the actual game. I highly doubt they would release a video on the game when they haven't released anything about the game. I would love to see a lot more, even if that is the game it does look good, very improved like the grass and the infield does look very good. So I would love to see some more. And if 2K does read these comments, I would like to know if there is going to be any new batting stances or updated stances, the same with pitching stances. And could you please tell me if there is going to be a jump button added, cause when there is a ball going over my infielders head and i could get it if i could jump, well that would be nice to do so do you think you could add a jump button. Thanks

# 9 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/27/12 07:06 PM
What a Tease...

# 10 bonannogiovanni @ 01/27/12 07:16 PM
To me it looks way better graphically, but again, is this footage from the PC or the console version?

# 11 ZakDodge15 @ 01/27/12 07:53 PM
@ M_F_Z Because they have barely released anything on the game no information on it what so ever besides some revamped pitching vs batting. That is it, it very could be footage from MLB 2K12 but I am just saying, it could very well be 2k11 footage.

# 12 PVarck31 @ 01/27/12 08:12 PM
This is 2K12 footage.

# 13 guitargd20 @ 01/27/12 08:28 PM
Just be prepared to get all of the info for this game 2 weeks prior to release. The marketing team behind the game likes to take its sweet time. This is 2K12 video and probably XBOX if i had to guess.

# 14 guitargd20 @ 01/27/12 08:36 PM
Last years game played pretty well, some little details here and there and this can be solid. This looks to be 2K's last year with the license so I don't think they will mail it in too much!

# 15 queensbomber @ 01/27/12 08:39 PM
chances are the graphics will closely resemble 2K11...
Im curious to see a more detailed pic of the fielding glove improvements...
Teaser trailers are always decieving.
Dont judge it til you play it.
Like one of the previews stated, dont expect it to look much different than last years but it should play better.

MVP, which is now a classic, had pretty cartoony graphics, the stadiums werent 100% accurate, the cathers didnt even throw the ball back to the pitchers,
but it played great.
there was weight behind every throw, every swing, you felt the momentum of every catch and the sounds went along with it too.
It also helped that the cartoony graphics were smooth, NO JAGGIES!

# 16 metsfan4life1 @ 01/27/12 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
chances are the graphics will closely resemble 2K11...
Im curious to see a more detailed pic of the fielding glove improvements...
Teaser trailers are always decieving.
Dont judge it til you play it.
Like one of the previews stated, dont expect it to look much different than last years but it should play better.

MVP, which is now a classic, had pretty cartoony graphics, the stadiums werent 100% accurate, the cathers didnt even throw the ball back to the pitchers,
but it played great.
there was weight behind every throw, every swing, you felt the momentum of every catch and the sounds went along with it too.
It also helped that the cartoony graphics were smooth, NO JAGGIES!
Okay, MVP baseball 2005 was 2005! On last gen consoles with way less memory and what we now consider awful graphics cards and chips! I played MVP baseball 2005 on a regular basis all the way until summer 2008(it stopped working, I had it for GameCube, edited all the rosters every year and all of that) that game I'd still probably play occasionally now if I had it. But, 2K baseball since 2K8, but really 2k9, has been awful graphically! And the animations are so stale and fake, really since 2k7. Theyre the worst when it comes to adding batting and pitching stances. Really, under 250 batting stances?? The show has 450 plus!!. 2K is deffinitely done after this year, and I'm glad, hopefully EA will buy back the license and make MVP baseball 2013!

# 17 Blitzburgh @ 01/27/12 09:07 PM
I liked it! It looks improved graphically to me! Looking forward to seeing more now...

# 18 Blzer @ 01/27/12 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_F_Z
I would bet some dough you're wrong about that. Why would they release a trailer for MLB 2K12 and have 2K11 footage in it ??
Heaven forbid we completely forgot about the recent video game trailer that was released which only contained 1.6% new footage.

It doesn't matter anyway, because this is definitely from 2K12. The night time atmosphere is far improved over 2K11. I fully expect the commentary to sound like that in-game as well, which has been a strong point as of late with this franchise. I'm liking what's coming of this, but I really hope this year isn't the end of the road for 2K baseball.

By the way, my prediction ten days ago for "trailer by the end of next week" seemed pretty on point.

# 19 NINJAK2 @ 01/27/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
I would bet some dough you're wrong about that. Why would they release a trailer for MLB 2K12 and have 2K11 footage in it ??
2k is notorious for doing this. I know with NBA2k often the 1st few gameplay trailers are using prior year's footge. That may not be the case now like you said but it's possible. Looks pretty good to me so far..

# 20 Blzer @ 01/27/12 10:51 PM
Quote:
That recent game trailer said it was 2K11 footage at the bottom though. Didn't it ?
I wasn't talking about 2K11.

I liked the facial emotions and helmet reflections. Can't recall if those things were in last year.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.