Home
Madden 12 News Post

January 30, 2012 – The New York Giants captured their fourth Vince Lombardi Trophy, defeating the New England Patriots 27-24 in Super Bowl XLVI, according to the annual EA SPORTS Madden NFL Super Bowl simulation powered by Xbox 360, the official console sponsor of the NFL and NFL PLAY 60.

Kicker Lawrence Tynes kicked a game-winning 40-yard field goal as time expired to lift the Giants past the AFC Champion Patriots, bringing home the Giants’ second Super Bowl championship in four years.

The exciting ending was reminiscent of what took place in the title game four seasons ago when the Giants stunned the Patriots 17-14 after a heroic game-winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLII.

Giants Quarterback Eli Manning was named the game’s MVP, completing 25 of 39 passes with two touchdowns and an interception. New England’s Tom Brady also had a big day, throwing for 327 yards and three touchdowns with one interception.

Most of Brady’s best moments came late in the game.

Trailing 24-10 with less than 10 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, Brady led New England on a furious rally, scoring two touchdowns to tie the game 24-24, the second coming on a 14-yard pass to wide receiver Wes Welker with 1:50 left on the clock.

Unfortunately for New England, there was still plenty of time left for Manning and the Giants’ offense.

Mixing in short passes to wide receivers Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks, and with key runs by running back Ahmad Bradshaw, Manning drove New York down the field and into New England Territory, setting up Tynes’ second game-winning conversion in two games.

EA's final score: Giants 27 Patriots 24

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KingDeDeDe @ 01/30/12 12:50 PM
1:50 left
Ahmad Bradshaw runs

pick... two?

Oh, Madden.

# 2 TheDelta @ 01/30/12 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDeDeDe
1:50 left
Ahmad Bradshaw runs

pick... two?

Oh, Madden.
Tell me you haven't seen it a dozen times before, for some reason, the CPU LOVES calling run plays on the first play of a drive, even in obvious hurry-up situations.

Can lead to pretty ridiculous results as they need to go no-huddle afterwards so you can sometimes see a 1 WR, 2 TE, 1 FB, 1 HB set forced to line up in a 4 or even 5 wide formation trying to force the ball downfield... most hilarious I've seen was a team down 5 with less than 2 min to go coming out in the wildcat... and then going no-huddle after the obvious first down run and lining up 5 wide with the HB still taking the snap.

# 3 at23steelers @ 01/30/12 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The sobering thing about this Super Bowl highlight reel, is that if I hadn't actually played M12, I would think the game is much better than what I found it to be. lol

I have to be very careful later in the year to not get bedazzled by M13 highlight trailers because EA makes a helluva highlight video. (note to self)
Do you know why that is? The animations are the same! However, they can capture emotion within their videos that is extremely lacking in the actual game of Madden!

# 4 tommyboii2008 @ 01/31/12 11:36 PM
I think you need an actual simulation game in order to have an accurate sim for the Super Bowl..

# 5 dcal @ 02/01/12 10:57 AM
My Madden 12 simulation had the Patriots winning, with the game winning catch made by........Ochocinco? Yup, Ochocinco for the game winner.

# 6 jyoung @ 02/02/12 02:33 PM
Madden is 6 out of 8 this gen in predicting correct Super Bowl winners.

Both times they got it wrong, it was to a Wild Card Super Bowl champion.

# 7 pegout @ 02/02/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Opening scene......it's raining......big surprise. Lol.
their calling for rain on sunday(donest really matter their playing in a dome)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.