Home
News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 12 The Show blog. This one features Zone Analog Batting and Pulse Pitching.

Quote:
Zone Analog Batting is a by-product of our original Zone Batting hit mechanic and our most recent Analog Batting feature so we wanted to give users the best of both. From talking to our community, we found that some of our Zone Batting players weren’t using the Analog Batting because they couldn’t choose the zone they wanted to swing at. So, we decided to mix the two features and came up with ZAB (Zone Analog Batting). We went through many prototypes before we ended up with what we think may be the most realistic way to bat, ever, in a baseball game.

Pulse Pitching spawned from our first ever pitching style for The Show, Classic Pitching. We like to keep the “classic” features around since we know there’s still a lot of people out there who use them. Pulse pitching is a more interactive and challenging way to pitch, combining both user skill and pitcher attributes that creates a unique way to deliver a pitch. There are five levels of Pulse Pitching, all the way from Rookie to Legend. The better pitchers will have a smaller pulse ring based on the command they have with that particular pitch. Alternatively, the worse command a pitcher has, the bigger the ring and the harder it is to hit your spots. It’s a really fun way to pitch, you may never go back to what you were using before!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 treyraq @ 02/03/12 03:24 PM
Man...the pitching and swinging animations look REALLY improved.
They just look quicker and more realesque.

I think I can tell the difference in the "new" batted ball physics too, it looks nice.

Also, did Vasgersian have a cold?

# 2 sydrogerdavid @ 02/03/12 03:26 PM
These videos were created before CD, correct?

# 3 thaSLAB @ 02/03/12 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
These videos were created before CD, correct?
Yes, before you get into your laundry list.

# 4 econoodle @ 02/03/12 03:42 PM
eh, blogs are not sony's strong suit.
these things are like 10 sentences long.
lol

hopefully we get some truly new info soon. this stuff is old hat.

# 5 sydrogerdavid @ 02/03/12 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yes, before you get into your laundry list.
I wasn't going to list the wrongs, just the rights. I'm a positive person.

# 6 thaSLAB @ 02/03/12 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I wasn't going to list the wrongs, just the rights. I'm a positive person.
LOL, just giving you a hard time srd... because I could visualize you pausing the video at 0:07 and 1:11 to examine very closely.

# 7 Qb @ 02/03/12 04:03 PM
I preferred Classic pitching prior to using Analog last year, so I'll definitely be trying Pulse. I'm not a fan of Analog Batting -- mainly because I'm really bad at it! -- so ZAB is terrifying. I'll stick with regular zone hitting and be thankful SCEA doesn't remove old options.

# 8 econoodle @ 02/03/12 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I preferred Classic pitching prior to using Analog last year, so I'll definitely be trying Pulse. I'm not a fan of Analog Batting -- mainly because I'm really bad at it! -- so ZAB is terrifying. I'll stick with regular zone hitting and be thankful SCEA doesn't remove old options.

there you go. lol
i cant imagine trying ZAB.
that'd be like trying page 681 of the kama sutra while programming my DVr at the same time.

Bravo for sony giving these myriad of options.

# 9 jkra0512 @ 02/03/12 04:13 PM
I love the pitcher's arm having that whipping motion, seems like that's new to me this year. Prior they seems so robotic, now they seem more rubberband'ish...

# 10 DickDalewood @ 02/03/12 04:19 PM
Pulse pitching looks awesome. Zone Plus Analog is way too much though. Standard Analog is perfect for me!

# 11 TerryP @ 02/03/12 04:21 PM
I actually got to see it. I'm pleasantly surprised it's not private by now.

# 12 myghty @ 02/03/12 04:23 PM
They added ZAB just for Blzer... You should feel special.

# 13 Blzer @ 02/03/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
They added ZAB just for Blzer... You should feel special.
LOL I don't remember saying this feature was my make-or-break decision for buying the game.

Nah, the only thing I said was that it seemed strange they removed the zone aspect option of analog batting last year after focus groups felt it was too difficult. It's one thing to make it an option and another to remove it completely. That's just where I felt I wouldn't ever use analog batting until now.

# 14 myghty @ 02/03/12 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
LOL I don't remember saying this feature was my make-or-break decision for buying the game.

Nah, the only thing I said was that it seemed strange they removed the zone aspect option of analog batting last year after focus groups felt it was too difficult. It's one thing to make it an option and another to remove it completely. That's just where I felt I wouldn't ever use analog batting until now.

# 15 PsychoBulk @ 02/03/12 04:38 PM
Im loving the new default hitting view, gives a far wider and broader view of the park than before.

Im a meter guy but will give Pulse Pitching a go, as for Zone Analog, not for me, strictly Timing only.

Two excellent videos.

# 16 MetsFan16 @ 02/03/12 04:46 PM
I love going frame by frame looking at the stadiums and their realism. I saw the blue walls at Citi Field and I saw Daniel Murphy wearing the Mets blue uniform! I do think it is spring training because the Nationals were wearing their Spring Training uniforms.

I might try out Pulse Pitching because it is a new mode, but I think I'll end up sticking with Analog Pitching because I was very successful last year with it.

As for Zone Analog Batting, I might try it in one exhibition game because this does look extremely difficult. I could barley push the stick up and left/right last year based on the pitches location. So I don't even know if I'll make contact with Zone Analog Batting.

# 17 The Kid 24 @ 02/03/12 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Im loving the new default hitting view, gives a far wider and broader view of the park than before.

Im a meter guy but will give Pulse Pitching a go, as for Zone Analog, not for me, strictly Timing only.

Two excellent videos.
I agree... Best sliders in the biz, you & TNK came up with.

# 18 Knight165 @ 02/03/12 05:03 PM
Damn.
I.
want.
NOW.

M.K.
Knight165

# 19 rudyjuly2 @ 02/03/12 05:06 PM
I wish they showed more behind the pitcher video time of pulse pitching. We barely get a glimpse just before the one minute mark. It definitely looks a lot better than the batter view which is distracting.

One question for the CD guys, will the ball always end up inside the circle of the pulse or is there any chance it will leave that area? Are there any specific sliders for the new pitching mechanic (size and speed of the pulse)?

# 20 ksig24 @ 02/03/12 05:14 PM
Man if you take a look at Matt Cain's curveball at around :22 you will see how the ball spins and breaks! Amazing job with ball physics.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.