Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Nick Livingston, Designer of MLB 12 The Show, talks about Diamond Dynasty. Fast forward to roughly the 9:40 mark, to get to it.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 281 baseballsim @ 02/16/12 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
I only ask because both Madden and NHL have had a playable demo of their Ultimate Team modes in the demos, and rewarded users with a bonus card(s) or pack(s).
I don't remember seeing any access to MUT in the demo but I do remember there was an MUT bonus for telling a friend.

# 282 statnut @ 02/16/12 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I don't remember seeing any access to MUT in the demo but I do remember there was an MUT bonus for telling a friend.
You're right, I think there was a Packer card AJ Hawk, Raji and someone else) bonus for winning the game, and that's what I was thinking of.

# 283 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/17/12 07:02 PM

# 284 Tyler4 @ 02/17/12 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Good find. The only thing I'm still curious on is how many actual players are available via cards. Is there a set number of players that are enabled in this mode or are you able to acquire any real life player via cards?

# 285 thaSLAB @ 02/17/12 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Thanks bro... definitely the most in-depth DD preview so far. Only misquote I saw was this:

Quote:
The logo creation system willbe similar to that of Gran Turismo 5 and support up to 1,000 layers; its text will involve four fonts common to classic baseball uniform design.
I think he meant ModNation or F4, but man how I wish GT5 had a logo creator too

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 286 thaSLAB @ 02/17/12 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler4
Good find. The only thing I'm still curious on is how many actual players are available via cards. Is there a set number of players that are enabled in this mode or are you able to acquire any real life player via cards?
All real life players should be available in this mode (almost positive.) And yeah, you acquire real players as cards too. And you can have up to a total of 100 cards in your collection, but only 25 are "activated" (in player form) at any one time.

# 287 Tyler4 @ 02/17/12 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
All real life players should be available in this mode (almost positive.) And yeah, you acquire real players as cards too. And you can have up to a total of 100 cards in your collection, but only 25 are "activated" (in player form) at any one time.

Thanks for the reply. I think it would be pretty awesome to have a few of your favorite players on your team along with the prospects. I like the almost full customization of the players too other than their attributes of course.

# 288 Kolbe @ 02/18/12 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

You can actually have 40 players - 15 inactive and 25 active.

-Kolbe

# 289 thaSLAB @ 02/18/12 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe

-Kolbe
Aaaaah ok, yeah that makes more baseball 'sense' too. Thanks for correcting me on that Kolbe.

# 290 sroz39 @ 02/18/12 02:13 PM
This mode sounds really terrific. I've loved many aspects of HUT in the two years since it's inception (except that little thing called "gameplay") and this sounds like it fixes the few issues I had with HUT.

# 291 Bobhead @ 02/18/12 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe

-Kolbe
Are you sure? I think we should wait for an answer from someone who actually works inside SCEA

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.