Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Nick Livingston, Designer of MLB 12 The Show, talks about Diamond Dynasty. Fast forward to roughly the 9:40 mark, to get to it.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 nemesis04 @ 02/10/12 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I remember hearing something about there being a budget for your team in this mode. So is it different from Madden Ultimate team in that you have a fixed amount of money you can spend on your team? In MUT if you had the coins you could buy up enough legend players and such to field an unbeatable team...that won't happen in this mode?

Also, if our customized players retire are there more of them generated to replace them? In other words, we can't get stuck in a situation where we won't have enough players to field a team?

Thanks for the responses!
Everyone starts out with budget, You get virtual money whether you win or lose obviously you get more if you win. You buy packs with your virtual money, I also believe there is an option to buy packs with real money but it is not really getting you ahead. What is nice about this mode is it was designed where you can be successful without spending any real money. It would be extremely difficult to buy yourself a team and dominate. If you did manage to it would be short lived because of the terms of service on your MLB players.

# 82 nemesis04 @ 02/10/12 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Lets say you start a DD and you play with one roster. Then a big trade happens. Can you get that trade into your DD?
The CPU teams play with the most updated rosters so it should be reflected.

# 83 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Do the games count against your player if they are on your roster, but dont make it into that particular game?
No only if you play them.

# 84 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 05:16 PM
Quote:
Lets say you start a DD and you play with one roster. Then a big trade happens. Can you get that trade into your DD?

DD has noting to do with the real MLB at all. Your team is fictional.

# 85 MetsFan16 @ 02/10/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The CPU teams play with the most updated rosters so it should be reflected.
Thats so sick!! Thanks!

# 86 nomo17k @ 02/10/12 05:19 PM
How does the difficulty level play into this whole thing? Do you get rewarded more if you play on a higher difficulty?

# 87 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
How does the difficulty level play into this whole thing? Do you get rewarded more if you play on a higher difficulty?

Yup......................................... it's the difference in winning 3.2 million in budget as opposed to 12 million in budget.

# 88 MetsFan16 @ 02/10/12 05:30 PM
Hold On I got 2 different answeres.

Let's Say that you started your DD. Wandy Rodriguez was on Houston and Mark Trumbo was on the Angels. If in the MLB They got traded for each other, and you played the Astros in your DD against the CPU, would Wandy Rodriguez be pitching against you?

# 89 myghty @ 02/10/12 05:37 PM
So what are the differences between Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum cards?

# 90 sbmnky @ 02/10/12 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Bingo and it's extremely difficult to end up with a team full of MLB players. But you can do it you just won't have any budget left over to train your dynasty players because you spent it all on MLB Cards.

Also the players don't stay in card form forever, once you activate them to your roster they are no longer in card form.
How many cards can a user store? I'm guessing card form is keeping them on the "shelf" until you're ready to use (activate) them in game. Can you train players that are still in card form?

# 91 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
How many cards can a user store? I'm guessing card form is keeping them on the "shelf" until you're ready to use (activate) them in game. Can you train players that are still in card form?

Don't remember how many you can store. But no you can't train players while they are in card form.

# 92 thekingofKC @ 02/10/12 05:43 PM
Quote:

Let's Say that you started your DD. Wandy Rodriguez was on Houston and Mark Trumbo was on the Angels. If in the MLB They got traded for each other, and you played the Astros in your DD against the CPU, would Wandy Rodriguez be pitching against you?
From what they're saying, I don't think you "start" with a roster. You will always be required to play with the most recent MLB roster. The game mode will update automatically. This is a lot like playing NHL (and I'm sure other games) online. I'm order to play online you must download the most recent roster

# 93 thaSLAB @ 02/10/12 05:44 PM
Quote:

I think the 1st answer was in regards to playing the CPU, and what roster they have when you play them. The 2nd answer was in regards to the trade having an effect on your roster... so that's where the possibility of duplicate players comes into play (when it comes to your roster and the CPU roster.)

LOL, I think I'm having an mini inception moment.

# 94 bcruise @ 02/10/12 05:46 PM
Probably an obvious question but:

Due to the nature of the mode, it's pretty much a given that we'll have the occasional MLB player playing against his own team and himself?

Not that it bothers me or anything.

# 95 sbmnky @ 02/10/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Yup you can change anything but their height, position, secondary position, and aptitude (potential). However some cards give you the ability to pick the players position.
Quote:
Your dynasty players will have between 25-40 games. When they run out you will have played more than enough games (which earns you more budget) to buy more packs of dynasty cards.
While we can create names (think HS or college teammates), we would only get to play as those players until the player is retired or we upgrade to a better player.

This is why the uniform creator portion is so cool, because it becomes more about the TEAM and less about the individual player/star. I'm guessing player turnover is extremely high in this game to keep it fresh.

Very cool mode! Can't wait to get my paws on it.

This will not be available on the Vita, correct?

# 96 MetsFan16 @ 02/10/12 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I think the 1st answer was in regards to playing the CPU, and what roster they have when you play them. The 2nd answer was in regards to the trade having an effect on your roster... so that's where the possibility of duplicate players comes into play (when it comes to your roster and the CPU roster.)

LOL, I think I'm having an mini inception moment.
hahah I know what you mean. It's like whenever you go to play a game, you will automatically download the most recent roster and play with that. That sounds great.

# 97 brettryantalley @ 02/10/12 05:56 PM
It seems a stadium creator doesn't exist and we choose existing stadiums as our home park. Is that right? If so, when we choose it as our home field, does anything physical about it change to reflect our logo/team?

# 98 Knight165 @ 02/10/12 06:01 PM
Quote:
No we have been working on this mode for about 4 cycles now. We wanted to release it last year, but it just wasn't ready. There was a ton of code already written for DD last year. The idea and concept just wasn't all there yet.
I stand corrected!

M.K.
Knight165

# 99 Knight165 @ 02/10/12 06:08 PM
Quote:

This would be only if you played the ASTROS in DD(which would be a CPU team) to say unlock their stadium.
When you play an actual MLB team....it is against the most up to date roster.
That's what I'm getting from it.

M.K.
Knight165

# 100 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/12 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofKC
From what they're saying, I don't think you "start" with a roster. You will always be required to play with the most recent MLB roster. The game mode will update automatically. This is a lot like playing NHL (and I'm sure other games) online. I'm order to play online you must download the most recent roster

The cpu rosters you play against are current to the last update your roster for your team is fictional. You only start off with about 10 total MLB players on your team if that many.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.