Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K12: Game of the Year Edition will be available on March 11, 2012 for $49.99 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

For a limited time, the package will be available exclusively at Best Buy stores nationwide. It includes a full retail version of NBA 2K12, the previously released Legends Showcase add-on content and a commemorative poster featuring Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

“We’re always committed to giving our fans great value,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This is a great opportunity to not only get your hands on NBA 2K12, but the terrific Legends Showcase content as well. Gamers and basketball fans alike will love this package.”

NBA 2K12 is the latest installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* and winner of 26 Sports Game of the Year awards.

Legends Showcase enhances NBA 2K12 by allowing gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Jordan, Bird, Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition is rated E for everyone by the ESRB and will be available on March 11, 2012.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 kbmnm247 @ 02/20/12 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Actually I did read your post that is what I responded to. Like Da Czar and the real 2kinsider were talking about on Friday this is a standard business move in the "Real World" and the only people who dont get it are people who have yet to enter it, when you buy something you buy it for what it is worth today (unless it is a collectable) not what it will be worth days ,weeks, and months from now, that will only drive you crazy.

on March 11, the DLC will be worth $0.

That is what I would like to get it for on March 11. That is all I am arguing.

Thank you

# 102 Cardot @ 02/20/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247

That's assuming the game alone is worth $49.00 on March 11. At that point, the game itself may be $39.99...in which case it could be viewed they are forcing the buyer to get the DLC as well.

# 103 Pared @ 02/20/12 11:37 AM
Quote:

Thank you
Actually, no, it's still $10. Unless you plan on buying the game all over again and from Best Buy, the only retailer to offer this incentive.

I understand the basis of your point but this sort of logic is what I question - Any game that is sold later on with included DLC does not see the DLC content drop in price on the marketplace. If Mortal Kombat does come out with a new edition with the included DLC characters, I am not privy to it unless I buy the new copy as an owner of the original.

# 104 kbmnm247 @ 02/20/12 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Actually, no, it's still $10. Unless you plan on buying the game all over again and from Best Buy, the only retailer to offer this incentive.

I understand the basis of your point but this sort of logic is what I question - Any game that is sold later on with included DLC does not see the DLC content drop in price on the marketplace. If Mortal Kombat does come out with a new edition with the included DLC characters, I am not privy to it unless I buy the new copy as an owner of the original.
The market says its worth $0, that's my issue with this whole debacle.

I'll have to check if Best Buy's return policy is the same as Gamestop. At which point I will buy it from Best Buy, get the DLC for free, and then return it right back for the $50 I paid.

# 105 Pared @ 02/20/12 12:14 PM
Quote:
The market says its worth $0, that's my issue with this whole debacle.

I'll have to check if Best Buy's return policy is the same as Gamestop. At which point I will buy it from Best Buy, get the DLC for free, and then return it right back for the $50 I paid.
Is it really free on XBL now? If so, then that is something I did not know.

Best Buy doesn't allow you to return open video games, and their policy is 30 days I believe. Both which won't apply to many discussing this...

# 106 Jaybird10000 @ 03/11/12 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Is it really free on XBL now? If so, then that is something I did not know.

Best Buy doesn't allow you to return open video games, and their policy is 30 days I believe. Both which won't apply to many discussing this...
Went to best buy this morning they said not till Tuesday, what's up with that.

# 107 Don Jon @ 03/12/12 01:27 PM
Bart Scott Voice "Can't Wait!"

# 108 Amedu @ 03/13/12 03:33 AM
Will the game of the year edition be available in the UK?

# 109 legokid138 @ 03/24/12 12:01 AM
What about wii ya know there are people who buy your games for wii think about them because iknow25-50 thousandpeople who buy your idiodic game for wii and if you don't step up there's gonna be a problem

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.