Home
News Post

According to Develop, the Moto GP studio will be dissolved.

Quote:
There is no incentive to continue UK independent Monumental Games as a going concern, the company’s administrator has told Develop.

Various IP, office supplies and the Prime Engine are up for sale with "several parties interested in buying", according to a spokesperson for corporate recovery firm RSM Tenon.

The Moto GP studio will be dissolved by the end of the year, the administrator added.

Last month Monumental Games ceased normal business operations following 24 challenging months of staff reductions, cancelled projects and closed studios.

Member Comments
# 1 Kruza @ 02/18/12 01:20 PM
That's unfortunate news for those who worked for Monumental Games.

With that said, this likely means the MotoGP license and franchise will soon be back on the market ripe to be taken by another company. And I hope what happens here is that Milestone picks this franchise up where it left off with MotoGP 08. The 08 edition isn't a perfect game, but it provided a solid foundation to improve upon as it's definitely the closest to realistic and best bike handling dynamics of the entire MotoGP series to date. Milestone would then just need to take care of the netcode, online and offline features and options along with the usual season team and rider updates/customizations, and they'll have something really good brewing here.

Kruza

# 2 DarkOmnios @ 02/19/12 09:13 AM
I must said i didnt see that coming, moto gp10/11 is a good game, they made a good sim, the game have great physics compared with Moto gp 09/10, they definitely made a game more for the hardcore gamers, i guess it was a bit late.

Well at least we still have sbk.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.