Home
SSX News Post

The SSX demo is available now for 360 and later today for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

You can queue up the SSX demo, right here. It weighs in at 1.24 GB.

Defy reality and own the planet by jumping into the boots of the classic SSX character Zoe Payne to complete a tutorial run in the Rockies, then experience reality-defying gameplay through Race it, and Trick it events. In this online enabled demo, compete against your friends on your own schedule by uploading ghosts of your best runs to the SSX servers in Explore mode. Feeling lonely on the mountain? Don’t forget to send the demo invite to a friend to unlock SSX trickster Mac Fraser! SSX is in stores February 28th, 2012.

Game: SSXReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
SSX Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Tomba @ 02/21/12 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't think the store has updated yet.

Like Twisted Metal, I already know I'm getting this game day one so I'm going to try my best and not play a demo. It's very difficult not to lol but I feel it's necessary, though I've watched a ton of gameplay videos for it.

Can't wait till next Tuesday!
I DL'd just out of sheer excitement and still was amazed....

Yeah this game needs to reassuring. The demo just sucker punchs your heart

# 22 solomona24 @ 02/22/12 12:12 AM
PS3 Demo is now live... Downloading now

# 23 scottborasjr @ 02/22/12 01:03 AM
It's about time, thanks for the wait SONY but I'm so excited to play this game

# 24 RaychelSnr @ 02/22/12 02:05 AM
This game is close to flawless. The demo is simply the best/most entertaining demo I've played since coming on as the editor of OS back in 2007. I'm not telegraphing anything...but this game is clearly a must buy.

# 25 Mabster @ 02/22/12 02:34 AM
Due to the slow PSN store update today, I just got done playing my first session of the demo. Yes, I said my "first session" because I know I'll be back at it for some more runs.

I usually don't play demos of games that I've already pre-ordered because what's really the point if I know I'm already getting it? I'm so glad I played this one because it is DAMN fun!

The smile that spread across my face the first time I got my meter up to tricky and the song started playing was immense!

<-----Me

# 26 Tomba @ 02/22/12 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
This game is close to flawless. The demo is simply the best/most entertaining demo I've played since coming on as the editor of OS back in 2007. I'm not telegraphing anything...but this game is clearly a must buy.
It's amazing isn't it. It's not like I had any doubt, but nowadays you DO truly NEVER know what could happen to game past the hype or advertisement.

Everything about the demo screamed perfect which can only translate to how the retail game will be. Close to if not perfect.

Its such a relief in a way because this is my most beloved game series of all time past Pro Evolution Soccer and F Zero GX.

I wanted a another F Zero GX on the Wii I didn't get it
I wanted another SSX3...

I got it

# 27 Randiesel75 @ 02/22/12 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
It's amazing isn't it. It's not like I had any doubt, but nowadays you DO truly NEVER know what could happen to game past the hype or advertisement.

Everything about the demo screamed perfect which can only translate to how the retail game will be. Close to if not perfect.

Its such a relief in a way because this is my most beloved game series of all time past Pro Evolution Soccer and F Zero GX.

I wanted a another F Zero GX on the Wii I didn't get it
I wanted another SSX3...

I got it
Past PES, wow!

# 28 Tomba @ 02/22/12 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
Past PES, wow!
Well,

Winning Eleven 6 For Gamecube is the best game ever created

# 29 Methlab @ 02/22/12 09:48 AM
I like the demo a lot but I always feel like I am missing something with this game..I have played it on and off for years, but I never really got sick with it to where I was blowing up scoreboards and unleashing huge tricks..

So..any help there?

Also, why do I suck so bad at steering the rider? lol.

# 30 Tomba @ 02/22/12 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I like the demo a lot but I always feel like I am missing something with this game..I have played it on and off for years, but I never really got sick with it to where I was blowing up scoreboards and unleashing huge tricks..

So..any help there?

Also, why do I suck so bad at steering the rider? lol.

Practice and you master the mountain

# 31 Methlab @ 02/22/12 11:08 AM
yeah i get that..im just figuring how to string tricks better without missing something obvious. my buddy used to pull out some sick rotations and i never could figure it out.

# 32 Randiesel75 @ 02/22/12 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Well,

Winning Eleven 6 For Gamecube is the best game ever created
I am a huge PES fan, but that version was before my time as I was still playing FIFA. I hear that WE6 was amazing.

# 33 The Amaizen Blue @ 02/22/12 04:05 PM
Definitely had to switch my controls to classic. I'm too used to holding my thumb awkwardly on the d-pad to start doing crazy flips.

# 34 Tomba @ 02/22/12 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
I am a huge PES fan, but that version was before my time as I was still playing FIFA. I hear that WE6 was amazing.
It was like a chess match. It was sheer beauty. Konami at that time created a transcending masterpiece for Gamecube that only those who imported and modded their gamecube could enjoy

# 35 Methlab @ 02/23/12 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
Definitely had to switch my controls to classic. I'm too used to holding my thumb awkwardly on the d-pad to start doing crazy flips.
Whats the difference in the classic controls? I'm still figuring out the best way to play the game. My highest trick score so far is 7.4 million and I want to get past 10. My main problem is duplicating tricks too much...im using the right stick for moves.

# 36 nunogomes @ 02/23/12 09:41 AM
Never played a SSX game before (or any "radical sport" game), because, well, im just not into it.

But with people drawing comparisons with PES6 (my football all time favorite) i will definitely try the demo!!!

Any noob tips?

# 37 Blzer @ 02/23/12 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Never played a SSX game before (or any "radical sport" game), because, well, im just not into it.

But with people drawing comparisons with PES6 (my football all time favorite) i will definitely try the demo!!!

Any noob tips?
Don't aim for realism.

# 38 Fresh Tendrils @ 02/23/12 03:09 PM
I haven't played a snowboarding game since Cool Boarders 2, but I have already preordered SSX just based on the gameplay vids. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I look forward to blaring my vinyl while shredding some slopes.

# 39 Stormyhog @ 02/23/12 10:40 PM
I have been loving the demo even though I am not that great at the game but it is fun and that is what counts. I haven't played a snow boarding game in ages dating back to the cool boarders series as well. Looking forward to the final product, plus it will give me a break from all the shooters I currently play. See you on the slopes.

# 40 Unit303 @ 02/24/12 05:33 PM
I am hoping for PC version I found the GFX to be very underwhelming but I guess I am just spoiled. Decent gameplay but I don't think it plays any better from SSX 3 or Blur from what I can tell.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.