Home
News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PhillsPhan26 @ 02/21/12 10:41 PM
Cool... I like what I am seeing this year.

# 2 TheKnack @ 02/21/12 10:49 PM
Would love a little Mariners gameplay

# 3 tnixen @ 02/21/12 11:02 PM
Is anyone having issues playing the HD version?

# 4 WhiteM5 @ 02/21/12 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Yeah, the advert keeps looping. Probably need to wait 5-10 minutes and then it will be fine.

# 5 Doormat @ 02/21/12 11:20 PM
Quote:
Which is why I linked the SD version it's been like that since I first found it.
Besides SD looks great too

# 6 jeffy777 @ 02/21/12 11:26 PM
Looks really good. Love the smooth pitch deliveries.

# 7 CMH @ 02/21/12 11:26 PM
Nice.

I do find it concerning that a player hits the ball off the wall and the baserunners only advance one base.

But, that's the only bad thing I saw. Love the pitch speeds. That Weaver changeup looked like it was coming in fast.

Really like the swing animations too.

# 8 dodgerblue @ 02/21/12 11:34 PM
Quote:
yes, it just keeps running that ad. The SD version works though.

# 9 Cubfan @ 02/21/12 11:49 PM
I love the last 4 games stat overlay.

# 10 WhiteM5 @ 02/21/12 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
I love the last 4 games stat overlay.
Yep, it looks like they put some effort into the overlays. I'd still like to see overlays while at bat...for example, lifetime vs., or count specific stat stuff. I think 12 might be the version we all deem to have been really polished. I'm not noticing a drasticly different game, but lots of subtle changes for the better.

# 11 KDWilliams85 @ 02/22/12 12:07 AM
So, I'm pretty sold that my first baseball purchase in two years would be MLB '12 The Show.

So sold that I'm buying a PS3 because of it... and two other games.

# 12 JayD @ 02/22/12 12:26 AM
I also was a bit worried to see all the runners hold with a hit off the wall. Guess they thought it could of been caught?

# 13 woz411 @ 02/22/12 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I also was a bit worried to see all the runners hold with a hit off the wall. Guess they thought it could of been caught?
if that was the CP perhaps the CP thought to only take 1 base, and would be different with a human controlling

# 14 MetsFan16 @ 02/22/12 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
The baserunners go half way when it's a fly ball to the outfield. Then David Murphy jumped and got a glove on it. Now the runners start to run back to their base. Once they see that the ball has not been caught they advance. It's basic baserunning rules. You're not going to start running around the bases when the ball is up in the air like that and could possibly be caught.

# 15 kubankaos @ 02/22/12 12:46 AM
I know they said all new physics, but for some reason there were a couple of foul balls that bounced off the fence that looked exactly like years past. It's like it's slows down too fast or something after hitting the wall.

Just wondering, I'm hoping it's just one of those things that you can feel when playing versus watching one video online.

# 16 Doran @ 02/22/12 01:00 AM
I liked that Aybar's stat overlay and commentary mention after he stole second wasn't mentioned until after the first pitch thrown post-steal. That was a neat addition.

I'm just waiting for the first uniform geek to mention that Napoli's helmet was still blue when they're wearing the red jerseys. Oh wait, that was me.

# 17 CMH @ 02/22/12 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
The baserunners go half way when it's a fly ball to the outfield. Then David Murphy jumped and got a glove on it. Now the runners start to run back to their base. Once they see that the ball has not been caught they advance. It's basic baserunning rules. You're not going to start running around the bases when the ball is up in the air like that and could possibly be caught.
Edit:

Watched the video again and the runners never go back.

The runner on 2nd stayed on 2nd to tag up. The runner on 1st, actually runs nearly all the way to 2nd.

I like what the runner on 1st did. Good base running.

My understanding is if you're on 2nd, you always go halfway on a ball hit to left field because you can see the ball. If it's dropped, you can score. If it's caught, you can get back to 2nd. If it's caught deep, you still might have time to tag up at 2nd and go to 3rd. That also depends on the situation. Clearly, that ball was going to be a tough catch so you gotta go halfway on that.

The runner on 2nd should have scored.

Now...there's always the off-hand chance that baserunning ability might have come into play here. I don't know.

# 18 Haggis @ 02/22/12 09:01 AM
From an AI perspective, what exactly does baserunning ability influence?

# 19 nomo17k @ 02/22/12 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis
From an AI perspective, what exactly does baserunning ability influence?
Steal success for sure... Maybe also the base path they take (i.e., you may round the bases with more optimal path)? Not very sure about the latter though.

BR aggressiveness determines how often steals are attempted... that also probably affects the aggressiveness to take the next base (not so sure).

In general CPU tended to be a bit more aggressive in base path in the past.

# 20 Bulls321974 @ 02/22/12 09:21 AM
HD video not playing. Could somebody upload an HD version on YouTube, please?

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.