Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

The MLB 2K12 demo is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, February 28th for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

It will showcase the St. Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers, in a World Series rematch.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 dunkyboy @ 02/28/12 04:50 PM
hi, does anyone know if the demo is getting a uk release? so frustrated i can't download it here!

# 102 audbal @ 02/28/12 04:55 PM
Do I have to be a gold member? I don't see it in the 360 marketplace.

# 103 dgrfan88 @ 02/28/12 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFin04
I don't say this lightly because for years I've been frustrated with this game, from messed up jerseys, no throwing/fielding errors in the game, to always having to adjust sliders to make the game play remotely correctly.

But this demo is quite impressive. The new throw meter works great, and you can queue a throw to once base and decide to throw to a different base. The pitching is great. The hitting is much better with much more variety. The amount of info they have complied using the D-pad for pitching is terrific.

I really enjoyed this demo and the game will even better being able to adjust the batting cameras so guys heads aren't cut off.
I agree. Game is fun, and swings look sweet. Very smooth and enjoyable. Huuuuuge upgrade over 2k11 IMHO.

# 104 Mikocop @ 02/28/12 05:04 PM
I like the demo.....finally saw several infield pop ups !!!!

# 105 Prestige27 @ 02/28/12 05:19 PM
Ps3 user here in western NY. no mlb2k12 demo available. Browsed AND searched for it - nothing. Any suggestions?

# 106 adam42381 @ 02/28/12 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige27
Ps3 user here in western NY. no mlb2k12 demo available. Browsed AND searched for it - nothing. Any suggestions?
Same question here. Is the PS3 version still coming out today, or will it be tomorrow morning?

# 107 bcruise @ 02/28/12 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige27
Wait.

The store hasn't updated yet, the demo won't be up until it does (though you might be able to find it a a little before it's posted to the storefront by text searching).

To re-iterate, the PSN updates have been extremely inconsistent lately, it has no set-in-stone update time. Although last week was ridiculous even by normal standards, almost not updating until midnight.

# 108 RedK @ 02/28/12 05:25 PM
If u guys have a ps3 y are u even bothering downloading the 2k demo?. Ill prob download on the xbox then get rid of it later.

# 109 adam42381 @ 02/28/12 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Wait.

The store hasn't updated yet, the demo won't be up until it does (though you might be able to find it a a little before it's posted to the storefront by text searching).

To re-iterate, the PSN updates have been extremely inconsistent lately, it has no set-in-stone update time. Although last week was ridiculous even by normal standards, almost not updating until midnight.
Ok, thanks for the info. I haven't downloaded a PS3 demo in a long time, so I wasn't aware of the delays.

# 110 bcruise @ 02/28/12 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedK
If u guys have a ps3 y are u even bothering downloading the 2k demo?. Ill prob download on the xbox then get rid of it later.
I download it at least in part to see if I'll be interested in getting the PC version.

# 111 Artman22 @ 02/28/12 05:28 PM
My overall impression is the game seems fun, but not a big improvement from last years game. The graphics seem a bit better, but the game feels too much like 2k11. Seems like not enough man power was used to make this game. I saw a few new animations, but the ball physics felt the same as 2k11. As far as feelings they're mixed. The game is more polished, but not a big jump by any means.

# 112 adam42381 @ 02/28/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
I've had The Show every year since 2008 and I'm considering not buying it this year since there aren't a ton of new advancements that make me want to buy it. I just seems a little stale at this point. I'm still playing The Show a few times a week, don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen too much that makes me want to pick up this year's game. I'd like to try the 2K12 demo because I haven't played the series since 2K8. Once I play it, I'll decide which one to buy.

# 113 Ollienyy @ 02/28/12 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkyboy
hi, does anyone know if the demo is getting a uk release? so frustrated i can't download it here!
It's not, the game is not being released over there so no reason to add a Demo for a game you can't play. And Yes right now you need Gold to download it.

# 114 jimmyl008 @ 02/28/12 06:54 PM
Quote:
I bought a PS3 just for the Show after being a PC 2K guy last year, but I'll still try the demo. If it arrives, that is.

# 115 econoodle @ 02/28/12 07:05 PM
ps3 demo available NOW.
but u have to type 2k12 in the psn search area as it hasnt arrived in the actual visual section.

# 116 bcruise @ 02/28/12 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
ps3 demo available NOW.
but u have to type 2k12 in the psn search area as it hasnt arrived in the actual visual section.
Confirming, and downloading now.

# 117 Charles Hustle @ 02/28/12 07:31 PM
Seems more like a Roster Update than a new game.

# 118 The Bimmer @ 02/28/12 08:12 PM
Thought it was great. If you liked last years game you will like this years. First thing I noticed was that the graphics are big time improved on the PS3.

Second thing is the game did play smoother, and the third thing is I can pretty much plug in all of my settings from last year and be ready to play within 5 mins.

The new overlays are nice also. I like seeing those pitching stats popping up letting me know what I am doing out there (on the mound). Once the commentary blends in this game will be getting a serious workout during the MLB Today season mode.

# 119 Doormat @ 02/28/12 08:18 PM
Demo is up on PSN, will post impressions in the impressions thread soon

# 120 xSTEELCURTAINx5 @ 02/28/12 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
Thought it was great. If you liked last years game you will like this years.
Because its the same game...

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.