Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

The MLB 2K12 demo is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, February 28th for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

It will showcase the St. Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers, in a World Series rematch.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 The Bimmer @ 02/28/12 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSTEELCURTAINx5
Because its the same game...
Does a man when he matures still remain a man?

# 122 xSTEELCURTAINx5 @ 02/28/12 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
Does a man when he matures still remain a man?
Is that supposed to be your comparison for the game?

So what your saying is that even though MLB 2k has grown older, it is still the same old MLB 2k?

Yeah, ill agree with that.

# 123 The Bimmer @ 02/28/12 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSTEELCURTAINx5
Is that supposed to be your comparison for the game?

So what your saying is that even though MLB 2k has grown older, it is still the same old MLB 2k?

Yeah, ill agree with that.
I dont want to get off topic, but no thats not what I am saying.

# 124 adam42381 @ 02/28/12 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam42381
I've had The Show every year since 2008 and I'm considering not buying it this year since there aren't a ton of new advancements that make me want to buy it. I just seems a little stale at this point. I'm still playing The Show a few times a week, don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen too much that makes me want to pick up this year's game. I'd like to try the 2K12 demo because I haven't played the series since 2K8. Once I play it, I'll decide which one to buy.
Ok, after playing the demo, I'm buying The Show. Just too much of a step backward for me graphically. It was fun, but not good enough to make he switch.

# 125 jimmyl008 @ 02/28/12 10:18 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with the demo not recognizing their controller? I get to the "press start" screen, but the game will not acknowledge my pressing any buttons. This happened with the 2K11 demo also, while the Show's 2011 demo works fine.

# 126 beast780 @ 02/28/12 10:39 PM
It's definitely a good game if all you have is a 360 as opposed to where it was several years ago, it's just the Show is a far superior product and gets immensely better each year where as 2K seems to just get slightly better. If I didn't have a PS3 I would definitely pick up 2K12 and not regret it.

I've always enjoyed the pitching and the batting in the 2K franchise, and I love the new throwing meter. It's just a shame the fielding is subpar.

With that I can't see myself buying it until its $30 or less since I'm grabbing both the PS3 and Vita version of the Show.

BTW Neftali Feliz throwing 100 MPH with flawless command as a starting pitcher right out of the gate is just plain silly.

# 127 Rattler17 @ 02/28/12 10:45 PM
So i just finished playing 5 games, i wont 2 and lost 3 as which is better than i expected having been on the show for many years now. I personally love the experience and really took it all for what it was with no expectations.

I love the flow of the game, i thought it was really well put together and if there had been some commentators it would have been superb. I thought the fielding animations were rather well done considering where they were last season, the same goes for the swing animations and the fielder movements. The new pitching engine is a B**** and i love it, really makes you pay attention to what you are doing and not just looking for a blue box and throwing a pitch.

Dislikes:
It really felt like the outfield was rather small, and the ball was either a homer or it was a fly out which felt like i had just hit a bowling ball as hard as i could. The players running the bases while looking pretty good didnt seem to put ANY effort into the run despite moving rather quickly (felt as so they were out for a morning jog).

Well that was my take on the game, some may agree some may say I'm out to lunch to play this game on the PS3. All the being said I'm taking the game as it is.... a shell of the actual game released to tide the masses over for a week until launch. As for the people saying it looks bad....yes compared to the competition it doesn't look top notch but 2k has always gone with the arcade graphics so i really didn't turn it on expecting to see Josh Hamilton's twin looking at the camera.

# 128 havoc00 @ 02/28/12 11:27 PM
This game is awful sorry.

# 129 RGmoney @ 02/28/12 11:33 PM
Now that the Demo is out for both systems, this thread is closed. Please use the Demo Impressions thread for your Impressions.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ions-here.html

Closed

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.