Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

2K Sports sent us these 2 hi-res MLB 2K12 screenshots. Like what you see?

Click here for the hi-res screenshot

Click here for the hi-res screenshot

Release date: March 6, 2012
Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PlayStation 2, PSP, DS and PC
ESRB Rating: E (Expected)

The Perfect Game Challenge: The Perfect Game Challenge is back and better than ever. The new format will utilize a dynamic and universal leaderboard that ranks the top eight perfect games thrown in MLB 2K12, based on pitcher rating and the opponent faced. At the end of the competition, the top eight competitors will face each other in a live $1 million tournament!

MLB Today Season Mode: An all-new mode that lets you complete an entire season at the same pace as your favorite MLB team. Using the powerful MLB Today engine, players can track and compare their stats and record to their real-life counterparts. Go through your team’s real schedule, one game a day, and see if you can turn that cellar dweller into a title contender.

Enhanced My Player: Create a role-specific experience for the My Player character you want to develop. Do you want to create a homerun slugger, play it safe with a contact hitter, or create a speedster for outfield saves and base stealing? Depending on the role you choose, you’ll be less proficient in some areas but the new stat system will blow out your abilities focused on your character’s expertise.

Dynamic Tendencies System: The battle between pitcher and hitter has never been more realistic. Did you just hang a slider to Evan Longoria? That pitch will decrease in effectiveness against him. Players must approach each at-bat differently, and can hit or pitch themselves into a good game.

Revamped Throwing System: MLB 2K12’s new throwing system gives players more decisions to make in the field. Queuing up throws will result in a smaller sweet spot and higher risk of error, while stopping to set your feet will usually result in a larger sweet spot and more accurate throw.

New Hit Distribution System: More varied and realistic hits, from line drives in the gap to slow tappers down the line. Based on the physics of the game, including pitch location & speed and swing timing & accuracy.

Improved AI: The game just got a little smarter, with improved CPU AI both on the field and in the dugout.

New & Improved Commentary: Over 80 hours of new commentary featuring Gary Thorne, Steve Phillips & John Kruk. For the first time, MLB Today games will feature dynamic commentary that updates AS THE GAME UNFOLDS.

Improved Gameplay: MLB 2K12’s new blending system allows for improved graphics and lighting, along with more seamless gameplay. Catcher animations have been completely re-shot, and new animations have been added for power swings, throws and base-running.

Unmatched Online Experience: Taking your game online? MLB 2K12’s online play is unmatched, and will mimic the offline experience. Swing input, pitcher meters and throw meters are in real-time and will not be affected by lag during online play.

True to Real Life: No game shows off Major League Baseball quite like this. MLB 2K12 includes new and updated logos and uniforms, as well as the Miami Marlins’ brand new stadium.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 audbal @ 02/24/12 05:43 PM
Boy, those look really good! It would be so nice to have two games to play this year. I hope the game play is as nice as these pics!

# 2 lnin0 @ 02/24/12 05:46 PM
Less than two weeks from release and the best they can do it two hi res screenshots?

# 3 sydrogerdavid @ 02/24/12 05:49 PM
Now they got Busch Stadium right!

Tsk, tsk.

# 4 Steve_OS @ 02/24/12 05:49 PM
Just added the one sheet.

# 5 Blzer @ 02/24/12 05:57 PM
It's probably all from the PC version, but damn that first screenshot looks nice! I love that they have upped the look of their scoreboards as well!

# 6 Bulls321974 @ 02/24/12 06:01 PM
Quote: " True to Real Life: No game shows off Major League Baseball quite like this." Yeah, right...

# 7 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/24/12 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Quote: " True to Real Life: No game shows off Major League Baseball quite like this." Yeah, right...

# 8 Blitzburgh @ 02/24/12 06:14 PM
Those look great! The commentary is top notch, the pitching controls do not get boring and finally the graphics look pretty dam good! I am officially a bit more excited for this game now!

# 9 m1ke_nyc @ 02/24/12 06:26 PM
That first screen shot looks great

# 10 Doormat @ 02/24/12 06:34 PM
Wow Carpenter looks great there

# 11 Charles Hustle @ 02/24/12 06:35 PM
Those look like crap.

# 12 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/24/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Hustle
Those look like crap.

# 13 jeffy777 @ 02/24/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Enhanced My Player: Create a role-specific experience for the My Player character you want to develop. Do you want to create a homerun slugger, play it safe with a contact hitter, or create a speedster for outfield saves and base stealing? Depending on the role you choose, you’ll be less proficient in some areas but the new stat system will blow out your abilities focused on your character’s expertise.
That was one of my main suggestions in the wish list thread........hmmmm, still not sure if I'm buying it this year though.....I may get the PC version again, but not sure yet....depends on the demo and reviews.

# 14 SoxFan01605 @ 02/24/12 07:02 PM
Uniforms look MUCH better based on that first shot. Good to see.

# 15 catch212 @ 02/24/12 07:12 PM
Is this the PC or console version? If this is ps3/360, I may consider 2k this year.

# 16 The Bimmer @ 02/24/12 07:28 PM
Wow, those look terrific!

# 17 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/24/12 07:36 PM
Looking good. Should be interesting 3/6

# 18 tvman @ 02/24/12 08:00 PM
New Hit Distribution System: More varied and realistic hits, from line drives in the gap to slow tappers down the line. Based on the physics of the game, including pitch location & speed and swing timing & accuracy.

Swing timing and accuracy? Does this mean some sort of zone hitting might be included this year?

# 19 lnin0 @ 02/24/12 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman

Swing timing and accuracy? Does this mean some sort of zone hitting might be included this year?
I think it means same time based system but now the ball location along with swing (early, late) and player stats have a greater impact on hit distribution.

# 20 Hajmyis @ 02/24/12 11:34 PM
No game shows off Major League Baseball quite like this. MLB 2K12 includes new and updated logos and uniforms, as well as the Miami Marlins’ brand new stadium.

If the names of players are the red soxs uniform then that statement is just a lie

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.