Home
News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Please give thanks to blueandwhite!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 tessl @ 02/27/12 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Russell@SCEA said there are more than 5 MOM players:
He's one of the 5 people who play the mode I think that qualifies him. No dev team is going to spend a ton of resources on something at less than 1% of the consumer base uses. Especially when franchise and RTTS needs time and resources. It's simple logistics if more people played the mode it would receive more time.

I almost wish I hadn't ever asked the question, it just generates angry replies but one more time: It is franchise mode, managing the games that people are talking about. I guarantee you my username is not among the people who show up on the "hidden" list of people who are playing the mode, and it's the only mode I play. The only time I connect my ps3 to the internet is to download the patches, then I disconnect it from the ps3 and connect it to my computer.

Years ago there was a website called Sim Central. There was a forum for high heat baseball. In the final version of the game, high heat '04 they removed manager mode. They had a ton of complaints and a developer came on the forum and said he didn't realize how many people played the mode. The show is a far better game than high heat, graphics are superior and franchise is deeper, but high heat was better in one aspect - gameplay when managing the game. High heat had that nailed.

But I'm never going to convince anybody so I surrender.

# 82 nomo17k @ 02/27/12 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
He's one of the 5 people who play the mode I think that qualifies him. No dev team is going to spend a ton of resources on something at less than 1% of the consumer base uses. Especially when franchise and RTTS needs time and resources. It's simple logistics if more people played the mode it would receive more time.

I almost wish I hadn't ever asked the question, it just generates angry replies but one more time: It is franchise mode, managing the games that people are talking about. I guarantee you my username is not among the people who show up on the "hidden" list of people who are playing the mode, and it's the only mode I play. The only time I connect my ps3 to the internet is to download the patches, then I disconnect it from the ps3 and connect it to my computer.

Years ago there was a website called Sim Central. There was a forum for high heat baseball. In the final version of the game, high heat '04 they removed manager mode. They had a ton of complaints and a developer came on the forum and said he didn't realize how many people played the mode. The show is a far better game than high heat, graphics are superior and franchise is deeper, but high heat was better in one aspect - gameplay when managing the game. High heat had that nailed.

But I'm never going to convince anybody so I surrender.
No, we also discussed as well in that thread how the number SCEA got through the hidden trophy for MOM can be misleading. Whether that affects how the devs see the mode I don't know, but the issue is that you seem to be a bit carried away in expressing your bitterness toward the devs' lack of attention to the MOM.

Whenever I see your username I can bet what you are going to add. I just don't find that to be an effective way to get the devs attention to the MOM.

# 83 slickkill77 @ 02/27/12 11:33 PM
Why can they never rate the Rays properly. Obviously it doesn't matter once the OSFM roster comes out, but these are ridiculous. Year after year, the Rays have a top 3 pitching staff, if not the best, and they always rank top in defense (they put up one of the greatest defensive years of all time last year) and yet they always get disrespected in the game.

The 16th best team in baseball?
The 8th best pitching staff?
The 9th best defense and the Yankees are ranked number 1?

''1. Rays: Baseball Prospectus ranked Tampa Bay first in both defensive efficiency and park-adjusted defensive efficiency last season. In fact, BP considered it the fourth-best defensive season ever. The Rays also committed the fewest errors of any team in the Majors.''

They added a great defensive catcher and Pena is just as good as Kotchman. These rankings make zero sense

# 84 AUTiger1 @ 02/28/12 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Just happened in Feb., Rosters were locked earlier. Will have to do FA swap trick with him.
It happened in 2011.

# 85 Russell_SCEA @ 02/28/12 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Why can they never rate the Rays properly. Obviously it doesn't matter once the OSFM roster comes out, but these are ridiculous. Year after year, the Rays have a top 3 pitching staff, if not the best, and they always rank top in defense (they put up one of the greatest defensive years of all time last year) and yet they always get disrespected in the game.

''1. Rays: Baseball Prospectus ranked Tampa Bay first in both defensive efficiency and park-adjusted defensive efficiency last season. In fact, BP considered it the fourth-best defensive season ever. The Rays also committed the fewest errors of any team in the Majors.''

They added a great defensive catcher and Pena is just as good as Kotchman. These rankings make zero sense

The ranking are based on your entire roster not just your starting 5 pitchers and your CP. A teams bench has 20% to do with the overall rankings if you take away the bench then the numbers would look more like what people assume their team should be.

Also last year only matters 50% in the rankings the previous two years weigh 25% and 25%.

# 86 econoodle @ 02/28/12 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Just happened in Feb., Rosters were locked earlier. Will have to do FA swap trick with him.
feb 11 though.

# 87 slickkill77 @ 02/28/12 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The ranking are based on your entire roster not just your starting 5 pitchers and your CP. A teams bench has 20% to do with the overall rankings if you take away the bench then the numbers would look more like what people assume their team should be.

Also last year only matters 50% in the rankings the previous two years weigh 25% and 25%.

Well that's fine and good but it still doesn't explain the Rays disrespect in terms of pitching and defense which since 2008 they've been one of the top teams every year bullpen and starters. And how are the Yankees number 1 in pitching and defense then? They have been pretty bad the past three years defensively. Jeter only got that gold glove off of his name. They have no one worthwhile defensively besides Tex, Cano and Granderson (maybe gardener but his arm is weak). The rays win year in and year out on their pitching and defense.

Also how does that explain teams like the Nats, Brewers and Blue Jays being ranked ahead of the Rays?

# 88 Cavicchi @ 02/28/12 11:58 AM
2009: Yankees 10th, Rays 21

2010: Yankees 1st, Rays 8th

2011: Yankees 15th, Rays tied for first percentage-wise with Phillies.

The above Fielding ratings from ESPN.

# 89 Cavicchi @ 02/28/12 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77

They added a great defensive catcher and Pena is just as good as
Kotchman. These rankings make zero sense
I don't know how the teams are ranked defensively in The Show 12, but I can't see the Yankees being number 1.

2009: Yankees 10th, Phillies 4th

2010: Yankees 1st, Phillies 6th

2011: Yankees 15th, Phillies tied for first with the Rays percentage-wise, but Rays listed 1st

Considering how it was said last year 50% and all, Phillies should be the number one ranked fielding team.

The above team Fielding ratings from ESPN

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.