Home
News Post

Compiled these from the American League and National League uniform videos for fun. I am sure they will change a little bit with the new additions, since the roster cutoff, but still fun to look at.

Overall Hitting Pitching Defense

1. Yankees 1. Rangers 1. Yankees 1. Yankees
2. Rangers 2. Red Sox 2. Giants 2. Red Sox
3. Phillies 3. Phillies 3. Phillies 3. Angels
4. Tigers 4. Yankees 4. Braves 4. Phillies
5. Red Sox 5. Tigers 5. Marlins 5. Rangers
6. Cardinals 6. Rockies 6. Tigers 6. Dodgers
7. Angels 7. Blue Jays 7. Reds 7. Diamondbacks
8.Diamondbacks 8. Cardinals 8. Rays 8. Reds
9. Braves 9. Diamondbacks 9. Brewers 9. Rays
10. Blue Jays 10. Angels 10. Angels 10. Orioles
11. Reds 11. Reds 11. Nationals 11. Brewers
12. Giants 12. Brewers 12. Cardinals 12. Rockies
13. Marlins 13. Braves 13. Diamondbacks 13. Cardinals
14. Brewers 14. Orioles 14. Rangers 14. Twins
15. Nationals 15. Nationals 15. Red Sox 15. Padres
16. Rays 16. Marlins 16. Dodgers 16. Tigers
17. Dodgers 17. Indians 17. Blue Jays 17. Blue Jays
18. Rockies 18. Rays 18. White Sox 18. Mariners
19. Indians 19.Giants 19. Indians 19. Cubs
20. White Sox 20. Dodgers 20. Royals 20. Royals
21. Royals 21. White Sox 21. Mets 21. Indians
22. Orioles 22. Cubs 22. Mariners 22. Braves
23. Cubs 23. Padres 23. A's 23. Giants
24. Padres 24. Royals 24. Cubs 24. Pirates
25. A's 25. A's 25.Padres 25. Astros
26. Mets 26. Mariners 26. Twins 26. Nationals
27. Mariners 27.Pirates 27. Pirates 27. Marlins
28. Twins 28. Twins 28. Rockies 28. A's
29. Pirates 29. Mets 29.Orioles 29. White Sox
30. Astros 30. Astros 30. Astros 30. Mets

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 garyjr33 @ 02/27/12 01:55 AM
Sorry that the lists are bunched together. They won't stay separated once I post them. It is kind of rough on the eyes with them bunched together like this. Oh well.

# 2 dickey1331 @ 02/27/12 01:59 AM
Thanks for the list. Im still trying to decide who I want to play with this year.

# 3 Doormat @ 02/27/12 07:57 AM
Hehe Yankees first then Rangers? This is pretty accurate honestly.

# 4 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/12 08:47 AM
Hard times ahead for fans of the Astros...

# 5 jb1 @ 02/27/12 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
Sorry that the lists are bunched together. They won't stay separated once I post them. It is kind of rough on the eyes with them bunched together like this. Oh well.
Thanks for posting this. I've just formatted it a little into columns to make it a bit easier on the eyes if you want to use something like this.

Spoiler

# 6 gigadkc @ 02/27/12 08:56 AM
meh, some of this seems kinda weird. Phillies 3rd in batting? Yankees BEHIND them? Yankees 1st in pitching? Astros suck? Okay, the last one is correct but I'm not so sure about the other ones.

I don't wanna insult anyone but The Show's ratings usually suck tbh. I hope KSig will make rosters again, he did a great job with his 2011 rosters. Sure, they aren't perfect but they are way, way, way more accurate than the original rosters.

# 7 Doormat @ 02/27/12 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
meh, some of this seems kinda weird. Phillies 3rd in batting? Yankees BEHIND them?
I think that's true though.. not sure about the Yankees #1 in pitching but nothing wrong with the batting ratings.

# 8 sink4ever @ 02/27/12 09:35 AM
For those unhappy with the ratings, have you been unhappy with the results in the past? I guess personally I don't care much how each player/team is ranked, as long as the end results make sense. I can't think of too many instances in the past that I've seen something out-of-whack during my franchise.

# 9 PsychoBulk @ 02/27/12 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
For those unhappy with the ratings, have you been unhappy with the results in the past? I guess personally I don't care much how each player/team is ranked, as long as the end results make sense. I can't think of too many instances in the past that I've seen something out-of-whack during my franchise.
Quite.

Far, far too much emphasis is put on ratings, much of it is very subjective anyway.

# 10 catch212 @ 02/27/12 10:11 AM
These team rankings have always been off in the Show. I think they put too much emphasis on the benches and front-end of the bullpens or something.

Things like the Phillies 3rd in hitting? Rays a worse pitching staff than the Reds?
I don't know about that..

# 11 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/12 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Quite.

Far, far too much emphasis is put on ratings, much of it is very subjective anyway.
Absolutely. Goes for any other popular team sports game, too

# 12 etched Chaos @ 02/27/12 11:57 AM
Phillies not #1 in pitching!? How is that possible? Phillies were #1 in almost every single metric, and those they weren't they were top 3. Also, they shouldn't be #3 for hitting, #5 maybe, but 3, not the Phils.

# 13 econoodle @ 02/27/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Phillies not #1 in pitching!? How is that possible? Phillies were #1 in almost every single metric, and those they weren't they were top 3. Also, they shouldn't be #3 for hitting, #5 maybe, but 3, not the Phils.
cause they added papelbon.

but yea, i would say phillies one, but the yankees have the best bullpen in baseball, arguably. and the staff is now greatly improved [losing aj burnett will do that to a staff], tho i am sure it is based off Kuroda's NL numbers [will they translate to the AL East or will be Javy Vasquez 2.0?] and the possibilities of what Pineda can become.

# 14 etched Chaos @ 02/27/12 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

but yea, i would say phillies one, but the yankees have the best bullpen in baseball, arguably. and the staff is now greatly improved [losing aj burnett will do that to a staff], tho i am sure it is based off Kuroda's NL numbers [will they translate to the AL East or will be Javy Vasquez 2.0?] and the possibilities of what Pineda can become.
The thing is though having an amazing bullpen doesn't hide the flaws of your rotation. Even Burnettless the Yanks aren't a top 3 pitching staff, let alone #1. To me, if you have the best rotation in years then any deficiencies in your bullpen are less significant because that bullpen isn't as important.

To not have the defacto best staff in baseball from 2011 at #1 is disappointing. I know it's only ratings, but it still matters. To try and use the strengths of the bullpen as the reason is also disappointing imo, the Phils rotation were so good, it didn't matter who was in the pen as long as the closer wasn't horrific. Sure the pen didn't rack up all the WAR's and IP's like teams who couldn't get their starter through 6 innings (hello Atlanta), but for their ranking to get dropped because of it, mindblowing.

# 15 garyjr33 @ 02/27/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

I am very wary of Kuroda in the AL. I have a feeling he may become quite the disappointment but the best part of this is that he has a 1 year contract. Pineda has a ton of potential and is reportedly working on his change-up in camp to become a solid 3 pitch pitcher instead of relying on the fastball-slider combo, which could have contributed to his drop off last year in the second half. But I think it is fair to say that the Yankees have the best bullpen in baseball, which probably factors into their number 1 rating. I am a Yankees fan, but I am not sure I would rank them number 1 even with their lights out bullpen.

# 16 AUTiger1 @ 02/27/12 12:18 PM
The Braves ratings seemed about right except for the defensive number. 22 is way too low for our defense. The Braves had the 4th best fielding percentage in the majors last year. The Braves were 12th in defensive efficiency factor. I have no idea how in the world that comes out to a 22nd overall defensive ranking. And the thing that makes it even worst is them having the Cubs at 19. The Cubs were last in the majors in fielding percentage and next to last in defensive efficiency factor.

# 17 etched Chaos @ 02/27/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I am very wary of Kuroda in the AL. I have a feeling he may become quite the disappointment but the best part of this is that he has a 1 year contract. Pineda has a ton of potential and is reportedly working on his change-up in camp to become a solid 3 pitch pitcher instead of relying on the fastball-slider combo, which could have contributed to his drop off last year in the second half. But I think it is fair to say that the Yankees have the best bullpen in baseball, which probably factors into their number 1 rating. I am a Yankees fan, but I am not sure I would rank them number 1 even with their lights out bullpen.
That's my main gripe with the Show ratings, too much credence is given to the less-important elements of teams. That's not to say the bullpen isn't important, but in pitching the rotation is king, you have a bad rotation, your bullpen is not going to be enough to make up for it. Likewise if you have an astonishing rotation, a bad pen is not going to kill your staff, you blow a few extra games, but you'll still be lights out.

# 18 AUTiger1 @ 02/27/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
The thing is though having an amazing bullpen doesn't hide the flaws of your rotation. Even Burnettless the Yanks aren't a top 3 pitching staff, let alone #1. To me, if you have the best rotation in years then any deficiencies in your bullpen are less significant because that bullpen isn't as important.

To not have the defacto best staff in baseball from 2011 at #1 is disappointing. I know it's only ratings, but it still matters. To try and use the strengths of the bullpen as the reason is also disappointing imo, the Phils rotation were so good, it didn't matter who was in the pen as long as the closer wasn't horrific. Sure the pen didn't rack up all the WAR's and IP's like teams who couldn't get their starter through 6 innings (hello Atlanta), but for their ranking to get dropped because of it, mindblowing.
It's was an utter disappointment that Fredi treated our pitchers like that but he learned from the best how to not properly run a pitching staff [Bobby Cox]. He routinely took our starters out after 5 2/3 or 6 innings when they only had around 90-95 pitches. Ridiculous!

# 19 AgentQ16 @ 02/27/12 12:26 PM
BULLS H ! T

Yankees are so fricken overrated... AGAIN. Hey developers...do you even look at last season's stats? The Angels were #1 in overall pitching (see stats link)...AND they just got better with the addition of CJ Wilson and Hawkins. Do your homework developers!!

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/.../type/expanded

# 20 etched Chaos @ 02/27/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
It's was an utter disappointment that Fredi treated our pitchers like that but he learned from the best how to not properly run a pitching staff [Bobby Cox]. He routinely took our starters out after 5 2/3 or 6 innings when they only had around 90-95 pitches. Ridiculous!
He got too reliant on your pen and it cost you down the stretch. If he lets your starters go longer, you likely don't miss the Wildcard, the Cardinals don't luckbox the WS and La Russa doesn't get his crowning glory. That's why the pen should not be so significant ratingswise, because no matter how good it is, the rotation is more important.

The Phils had a middle of the road pen in 2011, and it had no negative significance on how good the staff was statistically, sure it may have cost us a sub 3 ERA staff, but the rotation was so good, it didn't matter who was in the pen. That's something that is never reflected in the Show's rankings, every single player seems to have the same impact on thew ranking. So if you have a deep bench or a bullpen filled with nasty relievers, the abundance of players in both gives your rankings a healthy boost.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.