Home
News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Please give thanks to blueandwhite!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mbergh22 @ 02/27/12 03:26 PM
Intros look boring as usual.

# 22 Factzzz @ 02/27/12 03:41 PM
Kershaw's delivery looks fantastic, and it looks like the they got the thing he does from the stretch.

Strasburg needs a beard though, and his delivery could be a little better.

# 23 jmik58 @ 02/27/12 03:50 PM
Was it the angle of the video or does Strasburg's 4-seamer cut across like a cutter/slider?

# 24 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
Intros look boring as usual.
It's just an intro. It's just that part of the usual procedure before any game. I don't even expect anything more spectacular or out of the ordinary than the intros of the past years. What's so special about real-life game intros? I can't find anything extraordinary that should be in "The Show". The game itself is important. At least to me...

# 25 cubsfan1913 @ 02/27/12 04:26 PM
it would be nice if they could show the players getting out of there car and signing autographs before the game or somthing

# 26 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/12 04:27 PM
What a great game this is going to be. I stopped counting how many times I've been watching all the gameplay videos. This game has so many new additions, no matter if we talk about stats, animations or the enhanced broadcast feature. It has never been so hard to wait for this game than right now! Awesome job, guys! This game is a true beauty...

# 27 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1913
it would be nice if they could show the players getting out of there car and signing autographs before the game or somthing
But how quickly would this (which is a good idea) become dull and pointless? Just my two cents...

# 28 cubsfan1913 @ 02/27/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
But how quickly would this (which is a good idea) become dull and pointless? Just my two cents...
yeah true but anything is better than this i guess

# 29 Yanks1971 @ 02/27/12 04:40 PM
I would like to see people coming into the stadium for example ... and being able to take some batting practice ... while playing your favorite music ..

That would be cool before the game ..

Just my 2 cents ..

# 30 tnixen @ 02/27/12 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
It's just an intro. It's just that part of the usual procedure before any game. I don't even expect anything more spectacular or out of the ordinary than the intros of the past years. What's so special about real-life game intros? I can't find anything extraordinary that should be in "The Show". The game itself is important. At least to me...

Well my issue with it is it does not seem enough like a TV Broadcast.

I am not saying its terrible by any means I just think it could be improved more.

Like for example before we see inside the statium I would like to see a brief pre game clip from a studio with either seeing or at least hearing them talking about the upcoming game or series. Like How they do it on Fox Saturday baseball.

Like how cool would it be if we had something like this play before every game. It don't have to be exactly like this but something simular.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ7dN...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj1M7...ture=endscreen

And then also when they are showing the starting line ups they should show the players photo one by one with the announcer talking about some of them.

Even the way 2K Baseball does it is very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZgu...eature=related

# 31 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/12 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1913
yeah true but anything is better than this i guess
I think they should concentrate on enhancing the level of realism during the game itself, the ball game. It needs a bunch of guys to create a scenario you wish to see in "The Show" and that means that a certain amount of time would be necessary to put all that into practice. Personally I think it's better to focus on everything that happens during a ball game instead of maybe pulling out a couple of guys on the production team in order to create a scene like the one you suggested. That namely reminds me of a certain pro football simulation whose makers rather believe in minor matters than realism of gameplay...

# 32 Bulls321974 @ 02/27/12 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

I am not saying its terrible by any means I just think it could be improved more.

Like for example before we see inside the statium I would like to see a brief pre game clip from a studio with either seeing or at least hearing them talking about the upcoming game or series. Like How they do it on Fox Saturday baseball.

Like how cool would it be if we had something like this play before every game. It don't have to be exactly like this but something simular.

And then also when they are showing the starting line ups they should show the players photo one by one with the announcer talking about some of them.

No doubt, these are some nice trailers. Maybe someday they will focus a whole lot more on presentation. Who knows...

# 33 hitstreak13 @ 02/27/12 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork
It's so easy to criticize someone's hard work from behind a monitor, isn't it ?
Well, they are boring IMO. I understand they work hard, but we have every right to be "critical." That is not to be confused with being hostile or calling them lazy because they do a great job. Just because they work hard doesn't mean that everything they do is perfect. I worked hard on certain projects before and recieved criticism (hell, even when the guy was behind a monitor lol). The point is that it was a valid comment. To me, they are boring. Of course, that will not deter me from purchasing the product because that's a subtlety that can easily be overlooked.

# 34 PsychoBulk @ 02/27/12 05:28 PM
Honestly...intros schmintros.

Give me the meat and potatoes...

# 35 riotmonster @ 02/27/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

Intros and commentary are the only things 2K has ever done better than The Show, but 2K's graphics are atrocious and kill every animation in their game.

I'd just be happy seeing various close-ups of fielders taking ground balls, batters/pitchers warming up, etc (real things you'd see just before a game starts), instead of the minute long zoomed-out shots of the scoreboards and players staring at their bat.

# 36 Factzzz @ 02/27/12 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotmonster
Intros and commentary are the only things 2K has ever done better than The Show, but 2K's graphics are atrocious and kill every animation in their game.

I'd just be happy seeing various close-ups of fielders taking ground balls, batters/pitchers warming up, etc (real things you'd see just before a game starts), instead of the minute long zoomed-out shots of the scoreboards and players staring at their bat.
And 2k's online is better

# 37 garyjr33 @ 02/27/12 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
You probably did see it, but the answer is... no
Thanks! Oh well, maybe next year.

# 38 econoodle @ 02/27/12 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotmonster

I'd just be happy seeing various close-ups of fielders taking ground balls, batters/pitchers warming up, etc (real things you'd see just before a game starts), instead of the minute long zoomed-out shots of the scoreboards and players staring at their bat

bingo.
many of the pre game cut scenes are head scratchers.
The guy staring at his bat is a killer. lol

why not crowd shots?
no exterior shots?
no dugout shots?
its the same cut scenes from ps2.

they need to take a page out of nba 2ks book, its insane for those who haven't seen it.
a truly spectacular tv presentation.
and it improves EVERY year.

a quick and dirty idea on hat to do in terms of pregame.
Have A new announcer do the beginning part [the 'coming up next' one] showing in a split screen, the two starting pitchers and discussing them, and adding something like the yankees try to go for the sweep behind the big man cc sabathia.

then fade to black and into the announcer intro.
They have one focus on a player to watch
then after have the third to a keys to the game for one team

then the linueps, with analysis.
then the defensive setup with a thought or two.

then the pitcher OSD

then a cut to each manager as they pace of rock back and forth, then

gametime.

# 39 Arod2k9 @ 02/27/12 07:39 PM
Where's Brandon Crawford's beard and long hair? In the giants intro be there's a slight side view. Can someone pm me a picture of how he looks in game. I believe the young future stars give the game a fresh new look.

# 40 THE_BG @ 02/27/12 09:17 PM
Confused as to why a "Tru broadcast presentation" is labeled as one of the major additions to this years title and the intros are the same. Disappointing..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.