Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Goffs @ 02/27/12 08:57 PM
I don't watch much baseball but regarding that diving catch...wouldn't the crowd cheer a little louder to a big play like that? What is it with 2k and crowd reactions....

# 22 Grumpykore @ 02/27/12 09:05 PM
UMMM..I guess we have to wait and see what the DEMO tomorrow does and plays. One thing I already noticed is they total revamped the ambiance of the stadiums. The crowd noise sounds great-evening that it does look the feel on 2k11-i'm ok...just please don't take 2 steps forward to steps back.

# 23 audbal @ 02/27/12 09:06 PM
I thought it looked pretty good. I agree with Big Joe, the swing animation does look better. I only hope they added more camrea options while batting. I did not like being forced to play with one cam option. I'll get it.

# 24 Blitzburgh @ 02/27/12 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
I thought it looked pretty good. I agree with Big Joe, the swing animation does look better. I only hope they added more camrea options while batting. I did not like being forced to play with one cam option. I'll get it.
2k11 gave you plenty of camera options when batting, pitching and fielding...

# 25 bonannogiovanni @ 02/27/12 09:17 PM
Ahahah, just when I gave up the hope of seeing some gameplay videos before the demo. Well, a decent improvement but nothing more....

# 26 wallofhate @ 02/27/12 09:38 PM
Play by play is amazing in this game. I like the way the crowd sounds too. put this with mlb the show and you have a perfect baseball game

# 27 Blzer @ 02/27/12 09:50 PM
Commentary. That's all I gotta say.

# 28 Blitzburgh @ 02/27/12 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
Play by play is amazing in this game. I like the way the crowd sounds too. put this with mlb the show and you have a perfect baseball game
True, but also add...

2k's pick off controls, base running controls, pitching mechanics, MLB today feature, size of field and then you would have a near perfect BB game... To me these features are what makes 2k's game more fun to play.

# 29 DJ @ 02/27/12 10:25 PM
I thought the footage overall was really solid. The only nit-pick is that on the double play, the Tigers' runner didn't attempt to break-up the DP with a hard slide; he just slowed to a jog. Otherwise, I thought things were well done. I am very happy that we can see prior at-bats when we are pitching (I hope this is available to us when batting, too), the diving catch by Rayburn was sweet and the swing animations have definitely improved.

# 30 BlingBling19 @ 02/27/12 10:50 PM
The bat's dont look like bats. More like sticks? Anybody else get that sense? Overlays are always great as well as commentary.

# 31 Rattler17 @ 02/27/12 11:23 PM
I see a ton of hate on this game, while I can see some points really they are nit picking and really not a huge deal, I personally have decided I wont waste my cash this year on The Show as its the same game as last year, so for me I know coming over to the 2k franchise I shouldn't expect the same polished graphics. That being said i really don't hate the look of 2k12, sure it isn't a sure fire look-a-like sometimes but its not terrible either. The bats on occasion swing a bit fast but again thats not a big deal. This year I definitely see improvements in the fluidity of the game and some serious steps forward in the fielding animations, lighting, fans, and overall look of the game. Everything I have read about past years in 2k was what brought me to play 2k12 and thats simply that their Franchise mode, My Player Mode, and stat system is second to none. My only real hope for thsi year is that they finally got the Rogers Center right as they haven't shown any real love to our Northern Team in some time now.

# 32 Tomba @ 02/27/12 11:35 PM
Overall alot of care has been put into making sure the game is more polished and fits the grahics style of series more. The faces etc all look better and not as pasted on as before. i also see better lighting and overall stadium atmosphere

2k12 and ALL 2k baseball game have always gone after broadcast presentation and they NEVER get beat in this category at all camera or sound or commentary its the gameplay animations and overall baseball nuances that they miss on though that gap has been closed this year with the gameplay vid ive seen here

# 33 DetroitStyle @ 02/27/12 11:53 PM
Presentation seems largely unchanged. Which is what I expected. They seemed to put a lot of effort into animations which look A LOT better despite a few jerky animations here and there (see pitcher strikeout animation). Ya'll gotta stop judging the book by its cover. Yes, it seems largely unchanged visually but we already knew that going into 2k12. What we can't see right away though are all the changes under the hood. It's not going to play like a different game, they didn't make those kind of changes. But a lot of gameplay is going to feel a lot more smoother and just feel right.

# 34 ryan36 @ 02/28/12 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I guess the MODs are all over in the other forum... Any way we all are going to have opinions on what we like and don't like about each BB game. I wish they could merge and take the best from what each other does and then would would have one hell of a BB game!
Guys if you want to compare games do it in the "other baseball games" forum. Leave the show out of this discussion please.

# 35 sroz39 @ 02/28/12 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Guys if you want to compare games do it in the "other baseball games" forum. Leave the show out of this discussion please.
I'm not really comparing the two games per se, so I hope what I'm about topost is ok. Its more about the approach towards the two games. Many on here are quick to judge the good, bad and ugly based on video and over in The Show forums, its all about having to "feel" the difference between last year's title and this year's.

Granted, we had some guys from these boards at SCEA's community day so they have first-hand knowledge of the changes, unlike with 2K's game. But isn't it possible that 2K12 is also a title where you'll FEEL a bigger difference from 2K11 than SEE a big difference? Especially when they've openly stated its about polish and refinement with this year's game.

Sometimes we here at OS are the biggest hypocrites out there. When a company adds back-of-the-box stuff that falls flat, many scream "I just want them to polish last year's game". Then when a company goes THAT route, we condemn them for "not changing anything". Well, in a one year cycle, its usually one or the other and judging by the video, I think they've improved plenty of little things in a title that wasn't lacking very much at all in becoming a great baseball game.

# 36 Skyboxer @ 02/28/12 02:57 AM
Probably a day 1 purchase but I'm a sucker for baseball games...
Demo will help decide for sure.

# 37 jhols1nger @ 02/28/12 03:28 AM
Game looks solid, excited for the demo.

# 38 truintellectplaya @ 02/28/12 05:30 AM
The game looks too different when you are batting as opposed to pitching. You look to small when pitching. They need to change that. Some of the models are off or just ugly as usual but that exists with the other game as well. All and all, I think I will give it a try and go from there.

# 39 econoodle @ 02/28/12 08:43 AM
close your eyes and this is the best baseball game ever made.

i did notice and now i appreciate it, how great the ambient sound of the crowd is.

they aren't cheering in down spots in between pitches like other baseball games. you hear the chatter of the crowd.
it adds to the realism.

- i like the new announcing during the pitch track, but it seems overdone.
we shall see

- new tweaks to the batter overlays. very nice
even more professional and tv like.

-didnt see the intro but hopefully the demo will show even more additions to pre game.

- didnt really get to see the new physics at work because there were hardly any balls put into play, agian, demo tonight will show that.

-graphics look the same to me, more or less, which isnt a bad thing, nor a good things, really for me. i am a ps3 owner who chose this one for the second year in a row, so i aint what u call a graphics monster.

-speed of everything hasnt been tweaked as i feel 2k always moves a bit fast, well since 2k9.

more thoughts as a watch, again.

the demo will be where we really have things to say, good bad or indifferent.

I am pumped guys, this game oozes baseball feel.
inside edge
announcing
prsentation
mlb.com in franchise mode

as skyboxer said, i am a sucker for baseball games, i just need to sell a few old games on amazon so i can get both!

# 40 Yankees_CT @ 02/28/12 08:58 AM
Well it certainly sounded good! I'll pick it up for the PC like I usually do.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.