Home
News Post

PS3Trophies have posted the MLB 12 The Show trophy list.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nemesis04 @ 03/03/12 02:28 PM
Just unlocked this one:

Pulsating:
With the pitching difficulty set to All-Star or higher, use Pulse Pitching to strike out the side. Must be done against a CPU controlled team.

The road is long but achievable, lol!

# 42 MetsFan16 @ 03/03/12 09:08 PM
I feel a lot of these are achievable. However there are a few that might be difficult. Including the Perfect Game and hitting a Homerun off a 100+ mph pitch because not many pitchers throw 100 mph.

# 43 dochalladay32 @ 03/03/12 10:11 PM
I haven't pitched a perfect game since MVP 05... now I've only had The Show 10 and I didn't play it that much as I got my PS3 at the end of baseball season, but yea, that's going to be hard. I had a few on that game, one with Halladay in game 7 of the World Series. I'm going to go for it on day 1, but I have a feeling that plan is going to fail miserably.

Most of these seem doable over the baseball season.

# 44 hysteria499 @ 03/03/12 10:39 PM
I'll just have to hook me ps3 up in the bathroom to avoid getting that gold trophy haha :P

# 45 Doormat @ 03/03/12 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I feel a lot of these are achievable. However there are a few that might be difficult. Including the Perfect Game and hitting a Homerun off a 100+ mph pitch because not many pitchers throw 100 mph.
I think it can be achieved if you edit the pitcher's stats. Also some closers have it I believe so just sit fast ball every time and you'll get lucky enough to launch it.

# 46 wozamil @ 03/04/12 10:33 AM
Woodweaver,
Do you know if Fish in a Barrel can be achieved while on defense? An errant throw from a corner infield spot could hit the aquarium.

# 47 Woodweaver @ 03/04/12 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozamil
Woodweaver,
Do you know if Fish in a Barrel can be achieved while on defense? An errant throw from a corner infield spot could hit the aquarium.
No foul tip only.

# 48 wozamil @ 03/04/12 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
No foul tip only.
Thanks. The feedback I've gotten is that this more difficult than it sounds. I do appreciate a good challenge.

# 49 ElroyJetson @ 03/04/12 06:05 PM
Just got the Pulsating trophy

# 50 Side Effect @ 03/04/12 10:19 PM
Anyone know if PS3 and Vita will be off the same list. Such as if I earn a trophy on the PS3, it will show I have it done when I'm on the Vita, and vice versa?

# 51 wozamil @ 03/05/12 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Anyone know if PS3 and Vita will be off the same list. Such as if I earn a trophy on the PS3, it will show I have it done when I'm on the Vita, and vice versa?
They are separate lists. In fact, they may not even be the same trophies between the two. We'll need to see the Vita list to be certain.

# 52 Woodweaver @ 03/06/12 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I was playing a Home Run Derby at Kauffman Stadium last night and hit a few homers into the waterfalls. However, the Go Chasin' Waterfalls trophy didn't pop. The description doesn't say you can't do it in Home Run Derby. Anyone else having issues with this? I know in MLB 11 I popped most of the stadium specific trophies using Home Run Derby.
Should work in HRD. I'll check.

# 53 Woodweaver @ 03/07/12 07:23 AM
Quote:
I figured out the problem. You have to do it at the non All-Star Game Kauffman Stadium. I just got the trophy to pop that way.

When I tried earlier at All-Star Game Kauffman, I hit so many balls into the waterfalls and got nothing, so it appears it has to be done at non All-Star Game Kauffman Stadium.

Anyhow, the stadium specific trophies are very easy to get. Took me about 5-7 minutes to get them all.
Thanks for the update. It should work in both versions of Kauffman, so I'll still check, but I'm glad you can still unlock everything.

# 54 dochalladay32 @ 03/07/12 07:34 AM
I second the Waterfall trophy not working at the All-Star stadium. I hit 3 in it with Bautista and Howard and notta. Will try it at the actual Kaufmann this afternoon.

# 55 wozamil @ 03/07/12 10:08 AM
I'm not sure which version I played, but I hit a about 6 or 7 of them into the waterfalls before the trophy unlocked.

# 56 dochalladay32 @ 03/07/12 10:31 AM
Quote:
I figured out the problem. You have to do it at the non All-Star Game Kauffman Stadium. I just got the trophy to pop that way.

When I tried earlier at All-Star Game Kauffman, I hit so many balls into the waterfalls and got nothing, so it appears it has to be done at non All-Star Game Kauffman Stadium.

Anyhow, the stadium specific trophies are very easy to get. Took me about 5-7 minutes to get them all.
I haven't been able to get the one at US Cellular yet. I don't know if I need someone with less power or what. Doing a Derby with Berkman and Fielder (in an NL jersey), I could get a lot in that direction, but most would beat the restaurant by several rows at least. Any tips?

# 57 RamboForever @ 03/07/12 07:28 PM
Just got the "Winning!" Gold trophy(hit 10 homers in a row in HRD) with Giambi

# 58 wozamil @ 03/08/12 11:31 AM
The Vita trophy list is a little different. There are 6. Possibly 8 different trophies. My favorite, Taking Out The Rival.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/mlb-...vita/trophies/

There are TWO secret trophies that aren't listed. Does anyone have info on them? Here are the new trophies, which do replace PS3 versions that are left off.

For the Greater Good (Silver)
In any game mode, get a broken bat base hit

Solid D (Silver)
Use Pure Analog Throwing, with throwing difficulty set to All-Star or higher, complete a 9 inning game without an error. Must be done against a CPU controlled team.

Take Out Your Rival (Bronze)
In any mode, hit the opposing pitcher with a pitch

On The Beach (Bronze)
Hit a home run into the sand area in Petco Park (SD)

Secret Trophy - Unknown

Secret Trophy - Unknown

Secret Trophy – You’re the Man! (Gold)
Reach 500 XP in online play

Secret Trophy – Mr. 300 (Silver)
Reach 300 XP in online play

# 59 wozamil @ 03/08/12 07:10 PM
I got to 88% yesterday on PS3 version. The only ones I'm missing are A Year in the Life and Everyone's a Winner.

I'm curious if A Year in the Life can be achieved while playing offline vs the CPU, online head to head, or both?

# 60 dochalladay32 @ 03/10/12 02:50 PM
I finally got the Deep Dish trophy and a home run into the waterfalls finally registered after about 2 dozen finding water, but now I'm finding the Loud and Clear one impossible. I'm hitting 480+ foot bombs with Bautista, but even ones that go just about dead center still aren't hitting the speaker. I may have to juice the attributes just to see if I can break 500 feet and actually hit the thing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.