Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 PC patch has finally been released, weighing in at 193 MB.

Read below for all the patch details. Thanks Mr.Wednesday!

• Several matchmaking optimizations have been made in order to help users get into games quicker. This will reduce the amount of time the “Searching For Opponent…” screen is displayed for.
  • Addressed a number of network errors that would cause games to end prematurely.
  • Addressed an issue in Team-Up where certain conditions would lead to a player standing idle for prolonged periods of time.
  • Corrected a Win/Loss streak tracking issue such that the “Back to Back to Back” achievement/trophy will now unlock at the proper time.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause large-user Team-Up games to hang at halftime if all users watched the halftime show in-full.
  • Addressed an issue that would lead to a disconnect in subsequent games when one or more users modified their playbook for the current game.
  • A number of Association: Online optimizations were made to greatly minimize disconnects.
  • Additionally, general optimization improvements were made in order to improve the overall online experience.
GENERAL
  • Previously unlocked NBA’s Greatest games and ‘Gift with Purchase’ Kings/Warriors teams will now remain unlocked after playing and exiting the Association/My Player game modes.
  • Fixed an issue where the roster would become corrupt when attempting to enter the ‘Legends Showcase’ with unsaved roster changes.
  • Fixed a rare issue that would cause the game to hang when attempting to skip the pre-game presentation in Season and Playoff modes.
  • Corrected an issue where players could become duplicated after editing a Created Team.
  • “PIPPEN” dunk package has been updated so that it can be re-assigned to Pippen when switched off of him.
  • Addressed issue where Created Players are assigned Cold Zones for all shot locations. This change applies for all generated players in Association/My Player modes as well.
  • The Adidas Zig Pro Future and ZigEncore shoes should now have the correct shoe image associated with them.
GAMEPLAY
  • On-dribbler steal success rates have been tuned down.
  • Tuned accuracy of directional passing in order to more reliably pass to the intended target.
  • Improved help defense, specifically for rotations on pick-and-roll situations.
  • Defensive tuning on 3PT shots to reduce the success of contested threes.
  • Addressed an issue on drives to the basket where the help defender wouldn’t fully engage in the double team.
  • Increased the velocity of lob passes into the post so they are less vulnerable to tips and steals.
  • Reduced steal success when the defender attempts a steal from behind the ballhandler.
  • Tuned player lunges on steal attempts such that they don’t cover an unrealistic amount of ground.
  • Tuned AI passes from the wing down into the post. The AI is now smarter during this situation, specifically where the perimeter defender is sagging off the ballhandler in anticipation of this pass.
  • Corrected an issue where during online gameplay, a shot ball would ‘re-launch’ even after it had been blocked.
  • Tuned AI playcalling during late-game situations so that they initiate plays faster.
  • Fixed an issue where the CPU ballhandler would take too long to pass (or in some cases, not pass the ball at all) when running a play in My Player.
  • Addressed an issue where the user would inadvertently commit an intentional foul with a defender when attempting to contest a shot with his hands up.
  • Tuned animation selection that would cause a player to lose forward momentum when attempting a Swat Block.
  • Addressed a specific case where attempting a pass fake would cause the pass to be thrown.
  • 8-second violations will no longer be called when the ball is poked loose and enters the backcourt.
  • Training Camp: Triple Threat drill score requirements lowered in order to make it a little easier to complete the drill.
  • Legends Showcase: Fixed a hang that would occur when the AI would recover a loose ball by diving for the ball and then sitting idle with it.
  • Legends Showcase: Addressed a case where players who did not meet the requirements were able to throw a flashy pass.
MY PLAYER
  • Corrected an issue where the game would hang after winning the NBA Finals in My Player mode.
  • Trading logic has been greatly improved in this mode. In particular, your team’s GM will no longer overhaul the roster once you join the team.
  • Your team’s GM will now do a better job of acquiring one of your recommended players when he comes to you asking for potential trade targets. Be careful what you ask for!
  • Fixed an issue where both teams in a game would be using the wrong playbooks on occasion.
  • A few select season-long milestones (e.g. Shoot 85% or better from the free throw line) should now properly unlock when the prerequisite conditions are met.
  • The camera should now properly follow the action in your Signature Shoe Commercial.
THE ASSOCIATION
  • A number of trade logic improvements have been made for this experience (these apply to Association: Online as well).
  • Addressed the CPU lineup building / player role allocation such that players no longer become unnecessarily upset with the direction of their respective teams.
  • New coaching staff is now generated when you get many years into the mode. This will result in sufficiently skilled coaches available to be hired.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Altimus @ 03/14/12 11:02 AM
cj, are you still having stuttering problems with the frame rate.

Sent from my HTC EVO

# 102 cjallure24 @ 03/14/12 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
cj, are you still having stuttering problems with the frame rate.

Sent from my HTC EVO
not anymore. I installed the mvp in jd 6.5 better skin tones makes lighting effect (here it is). So far, so good. No more stuttering issues.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21415...ting+effect.7z

# 103 Altimus @ 03/14/12 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
not anymore. I installed the mvp in jd 6.5 better skin tones makes lighting effect (here it is). So far, so good. No more stuttering issues.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21415...ting+effect.7z
Thanks. That's odd that mod would fix that.

# 104 cjallure24 @ 03/14/12 02:28 PM
Quote:
Thanks. That's odd that mod would fix that.
I know right. Weird.

# 105 Mr.Wednesday @ 03/14/12 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
can you please post the link to the thread? would be great!

and, about how often did you experience those crashes? like every second,
every third.. game you are playing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=84896

I tried to play the same game three time in a row. Happened each time. I'll sim past that game and see what happens.

# 106 geisterhome @ 03/15/12 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Wednesday
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=84896

I tried to play the same game three time in a row. Happened each time. I'll sim past that game and see what happens.
thanks!

sounds very much like the same problem as I have.. I simmed it and played on after and it went without complications

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

# 107 bjede @ 03/15/12 11:19 AM
I have an issue with my Online Associatio crashes to desktop. First time I enter it normally, but when I exit (Logout) and want to enter again, it crashes to desktop. Everytime!
And I found out what's the couse of it: Roster.ROS file. I use albys' roster btw. When I enter AO the game loads roster from Online Data folder. But when I exit OA, it automatically loads roster from Saves folder (albys in my case). And that causes game to crash.
So i have to either put the 2K official roster instead of albys' one in Saves folder or to Reset Roster everytime i exit my OA. :evil:

So I want to ask: Is there some way to force the game not to load roster everytime I exit OA and use the 2K's one from Online Data just as it do at first start of OA?
Does someone also have this issue with albys' roster and Online Association?

# 108 mlp111 @ 03/15/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheels153369
Since installing the patch i cant mod rookies and all my previous rookie mods have been changed so that the face sare still the modded version but the body is just regular so if the mod has tattoos in it it doesnt show up on rookies for me... anyone else have this probem?
i have this problem, haas it been fixed, all my rookies tatoos are going now!

# 109 trobinson97 @ 03/16/12 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Have you all been getting the "cool" starting lineups (the 3D one) since the patch? I've not saw it once since the patch, and I've started around 20 games.

I wish there were a way to make it happen every time.

Yeah I still get it post patch. Quick play though.

# 110 cfebns @ 03/16/12 09:28 AM
is it possible to login to 2k sports network with this game? its always "down"

# 111 Altimus @ 03/21/12 08:12 AM
I have a pretty odd stuttering issue. The game runs smooth for the first 8 minutes of the quarter and then starts stuttering for the next 3. The final minute is smooth again. This happens every quarter, every game and I'm confused. Anyone run into this or have any advice?

# 112 cjallure24 @ 03/22/12 06:28 PM
Quote:
I have a pretty odd stuttering issue. The game runs smooth for the first 8 minutes of the quarter and then starts stuttering for the next 3. The final minute is smooth again. This happens every quarter, every game and I'm confused. Anyone run into this or have any advice?
I occasionally run into this as well. What I do, is pause the game.goo to video settings, move a random setting one click then back to the original setting, back out and i'm back to smooth sailing..lol, wacky method, but it works with me.

# 113 raminho @ 04/05/12 02:56 PM
" The slimmer legs are in global 276, 312, 476, 868 so you can extract them from the Chinese global and put them into your own "

I extracted those 4 and imported them into the global.iff (newest after patch) but it seems like they do more than just making the legs thinner. The player's hands and arms are longer and thinner too. I just wanted the thinner legs. Would anyone know just which resources need to be changed to just get slimmer legs alone? any explanations and advice are welcome. Thanks in advance.

PS. I wish I knew how to contact kenwyc from nba live forums. he made a NBA 2K12 Legs Patches V5.0 which just has the thinner legs, but hasn't updated it with the new 2sports patched global.iff.... If anyone knows Kenwyc, please let me know...

# 114 C.J.S. @ 04/08/12 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Yeah I still get it post patch. Quick play though.
Yeah, why would they use the plain one...how dumb!!
The 3d one is way better!!

# 115 JohnWall @ 04/21/12 01:10 AM
When I play my player mode it crashes from commericals after 1st quarter or after 3rd quarter does anyone know how to fix this problem? cause this patch doesn't fix it..

# 116 Dawkins#20 @ 06/17/12 04:59 PM
Is there a simple way for me to test if the patch has installed? I installed it but I still have the rookie black arm issue which was supposedly fixed so I'm confused.

# 117 AgentQ16 @ 07/08/12 01:39 PM
I just got 2k12 for PC via Amazon download. Does anyone know if the one that we download from amazon is pre- or post- patch? I went to 2Ks site for the patch but it says "this patch is only for the retail/dvd version."

I want to start modding with the Ultimate Base Roster but not sure if I should or need to patch my downloaded version of the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.