Home
Bellator: MMA Onslaught News Post

Game: Bellator: MMA OnslaughtHype Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 JohnDoe8865 @ 03/08/12 11:05 PM
Looks awesome.

# 2 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/09/12 12:44 AM
It's hard to get a feel for the game from those quick snippets. I've read several comments from people that said it reminds them of Supremacy MMA, but I've never played that game to make the comparison. Visually it doesn't look half bad, hopefully the gameplay is decent. I'm not expecting a lot of depth since it's an arcade title, but maybe it will surprise me. This game came out of nowhere, pretty cool to see Bellator get some shine.

# 3 nyj721 @ 03/09/12 01:26 PM
Yea it definitely looks like Supremacy.

# 4 Control-X @ 03/10/12 07:18 PM
Quote:
...And when it does get to the ground, movements are simple, using the right analog stick for simple transitions and button-mashing for submissions.
It's not a sim game but I'm going to check it when it's out just for this element that should've been in UFC Undisputed 3.

# 5 aholbert32 @ 03/10/12 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Control-X
It's not a sim game but I'm going to check it when it's out just for this element that should've been in UFC Undisputed 3.
I'm going to check it out because its MMA but I HATE the idea of button mashing for submissions.

# 6 Control-X @ 03/12/12 05:46 AM
I got used to the submission system playing UFC 3, I'm good at it but until now I still HATE it. I really feel like button-mashing is the appropriate method for submissions. I'm glad this 'Bellator:MMA' game applied it and I'm excited to try it. I know not everybody likes the idea but for me, I think it's better than a "cat 'n mouse chase" mini game that covers the whole picture and takes your focus away from the fighters.

# 7 aholbert32 @ 03/12/12 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Control-X
I got used to the submission system playing UFC 3, I'm good at it but until now I still HATE it. I really feel like button-mashing is the appropriate method for submissions. I'm glad this 'Bellator:MMA' game applied it and I'm excited to try it. I know not everybody likes the idea but for me, I think it's better than a "cat 'n mouse chase" mini game that covers the whole picture and takes your focus away from the fighters.
The display is bad but I'll take EA MMA's and UFC's submission system over that. I'll hate to lose a match by sub because some person is faster hitting the buttons or has a controller with a turbo option.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.