Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

2K Insider has posted the NBA 2K12 roster update details.

Latest News - Danilo Gallinari returned from a severe ankle sprain which cost him 13 games. The Nuggets went 6-7 during that stretch and are in a heated battle for playoff positioning in the wide open West.

Brook Lopez is back on the mend with a severely sprained ankle that will shelve him for 3 weeks. After playing every game in his first 3 seasons, Lopez has only managed to play in 5 games this year. Bad timing for him since this is a contract year and also bad luck for the Nets who would love to trade him for Dwight Howard.

Biggest Movers - Ersan Ilyasova has been playing the best basketball of his 4-year career over the last month. In February, he averaged 14.9 points, 10.9 rebounds and 0.370 3P% in 30.4 minutes. He's showing no signs of slowing with a strong start to March, increasing his averages to 17.3 points and 11.3 rebounds.

Nicolas Batum is also in his 4th season and enjoying the most productive year of his career. He posted 17.8 points, 1.6 blocks, 1.6 steals, 0.485 FG% and 0.429 3P% in February. His deadly 3pt shooting and all-around contributions have been impressive, which should result in a huge pay day this summer.

Teammate Raymond Felton is not having the type of year many in Portland were hoping for when acquired from Denver in the off-season. Felton is struggling mightily with his shot averaging career-lows of 0.383 FG%, 0.244 3P% and 10.1 points. Strange to think it was only a year ago when Felton averaged 17.1 points and 9.0 assists in 54 games with the Knicks.

Ty Lawson is having a breakout year as many predicted he would with Billups and Felton out of the picture. On the year, he is averaging 15.9 points, 6.8 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals. Nuggets rookie, Kenneth Faried, has been a lightning rod with his relentless hustle, rebounding and defensive intensity. Even in limited minutes, he has the ability to put up big rebounding numbers.

Baron Davis has been cold since being activated in February and playing backup point guard to Jeremy Lin. Over 7 games, he is averaging 3.1 points, 0.237 FG% and 0.150 3P% in 15.7 minutes. Baron is historically a low percentage volume shooter but these numbers are just too bad to ignore.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 coolcras7 @ 03/09/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I agree they took Jr down fast. 6 games is not enough data to drop him that much. He is a a streaky shooter. He got the reverse Lin treatment fast.
That is why we get multiple roster updates a NBA season.

# 22 iLLosophy @ 03/09/12 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
That is why we get multiple roster updates a NBA season.
If they were comprehensive updates, your statement would be valid. But they are just a handful of players of the week. JR Smith might never be touched again, even if his shooting returns....

# 23 Norris_Cole @ 03/09/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'd have to disagree with everything except the communication. I'm not the basketball expert many of you are but it seems ratings in most cases are at best subjective and get argued in every forum across every sport on this website. This year I think they've released far more roster updates w/far more consistency than in any year previous so don't see how it's anywhere close to be the "worst in 3-4 years".

Do agree w/you re the communication aspect; there hasn't been much of a dialogue at all even with the addition of a community liason this year. While I don't think this or any other community should be the leading driver towards development of the game, I would think there would've been more of an effort to have a presence on the boards so debates don't carom so wildly out of control
You are basically saying you don't pay attention to things like stats , well, I do. You may see James Harden 77? (can't remember exactly) mid range rating and say: "hey, pretty good rating for him, harden is a really good shooter!!"

But in fact I see nothing but a fail rating, as Harden is a guy who at the moment has made 11 mid range shoots in 1210 total minutes.

I can go on an on with ridiculous ratings like this, this was just an example.

And about the roster updates? I'm sorry but last years were WAY better, this year they take 3 weeks to change 3 or 4 ratings there, and add 1 player. Fact is the lockout ended months ago and there still are players missing, wrong jersey numbers, accessories, no art update..

Imo 2k took a step back on almost every area of the game besides gameplay

# 24 iLLosophy @ 03/09/12 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Glad there is one thing we can agree about

# 25 coolcras7 @ 03/09/12 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Glad there is one thing we can agree about
Yeah because they did not improve on player models, commentary, myplayer, audio and NBA today, but those things don't really matter

# 26 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 03/09/12 05:58 PM
Nice to know they kept Ike Diogu on the Spurs roster.

And where's Jamaal Tinsley? He's been on the Jazz for over 4 months. Does it take that long to create a player?

# 27 XenoZograscope @ 03/09/12 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers
Nice to know they kept Ike Diogu on the Spurs roster.

And where's Jamaal Tinsley? He's been on the Jazz for over 4 months. Does it take that long to create a player?
Looks like they will never remove Diogu from the Spurs' roster lol.

# 28 neptuneniq @ 03/09/12 07:12 PM
dam they purposely avoid the art update question on twitter

my friend always asks about the art update, then ronnie replies immediately when he asks why is lebron a 99

# 29 PPerfect_CJ @ 03/09/12 07:34 PM
Seriously, where the hell are the promised art updates?! This is absolutely ridiculous. Being a Timberwolves fan and using them in association, I feel really screwed over. Still no code for the black uni, Michael Beasley looks terrible, Kevin Love isn't any smaller, and do you honestly not know that Wayne Ellington is not #19? I'm about to give up on this company. Thank God for people like Bedwardsroy that at least make the game playable. Biggest rant I think I've ever had on here, but this time I think it is warranted. Step it up 2K. Don't forget that NBA Live is coming back. If you want to keep your customers, you might want to start keeping your promises and do us right.

# 30 LivingLegend3 @ 03/09/12 07:53 PM
Can someone upload this for those of us without Xbox Live?

# 31 spankdatazz22 @ 03/09/12 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
But in fact I see nothing but a fail rating, as Harden is a guy who at the moment has made 11 mid range shoots in 1210 total minutes.

I can go on an on with ridiculous ratings like this, this was just an example.

And about the roster updates? I'm sorry but last years were WAY better, this year they take 3 weeks to change 3 or 4 ratings there, and add 1 player. Fact is the lockout ended months ago and there still are players missing, wrong jersey numbers, accessories, no art update..

Just for clarification, I wasn't trying to defend the Insider. As long as I can pick up the game and the players play reasonably like their real life counterparts I'm cool; I've never been one to argue every minute detail regarding the ratings. I was just saying I don't understand how this year is any worse than previous years; from what I remember the Insider has always been chastised for doing a poor job. I don't understand the need for some to paint this year's game as some huge step back by some, especially w/your comment that it's "taken a step back in every area except gameplay". They made a game that's pretty much untouchable from a presentation standpoint, improved dramatically on the Legend content, don't have the online server stability/inconsistency issues of years previous. It's not like it's some huge step back imo. People forget all the crying that went on here last year. And the year before that.

# 32 iLLosophy @ 03/09/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream
I was the one that targeted JR smith for ratings drop. Guy is bricking most shots he takes but insider gave him 80+ in both midrange and 3pt rating. i supplied evidence and his 20% FG% from 3pt range and i guess insider agreed. JR is getting ratings like this is 2k11 when his play this season has been no where close to good.
...this season??!?! "This Season" consisted of 6 games, how you basing his performance on 6 games?!?! I supposed if Dirk shoots 25% for a week his rating should drop too???

His original ratings were based on last season because that is the last decent data sample 79 games...he had ONE rating update last year, and now after 6 games you want to crucify him.

....and the fact that 2k insider actually listened to this insanity is why I am refuse to buy 2k13 for anything over $30...if I buy it at all.

# 33 Knickerbocker @ 03/10/12 06:19 AM
And for Gods sakes update Loves vertical. It ain't that bad since he slimmed down, guy doing revers dunks ffs while in game he just lays it up as a #"%"$. It will help with rebounding as well. He is the premier PF in game i believe he deserves some love.

# 34 Sicamore @ 03/10/12 09:28 AM
if you're on ps3, i would try out roster updates by a guy called "numba-1-piick-23"(not sure of the spelling but i always search by name and just put "numba" anyway to make it easier).

i can't comment on ratings because i don't check them every time but he is very diligent in making changes and his art updates are the best i've seen.

# 35 Wavebird99 @ 03/10/12 12:59 PM
The ratings for this game are terrible

# 36 Jaybird10000 @ 03/11/12 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
The ratings for this game are terrible
I went to best buy to pick up the game of the year edition and they said not till Tuesday what's up with that, anyone have this problem?

# 37 Allanlopez10 @ 03/11/12 08:59 PM
WTF!!! D.Wade 95, **** me

# 38 PPerfect_CJ @ 03/11/12 09:52 PM
Anyone know if Gerald Green of the Nets has been on any official 2K updates, and if so, what the date on it was?

# 39 XenoZograscope @ 03/11/12 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Anyone know if Gerald Green of the Nets has been on any official 2K updates, and if so, what the date on it was?
NOPE, not since 2K11.

# 40 capitolrf @ 03/12/12 07:37 PM
Andray Blatche put him back in the Wizards line up. He's been coming off the bench since 3/3/12

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.