Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

2K Insider has posted the NBA 2K12 roster update details.

Latest News - Danilo Gallinari returned from a severe ankle sprain which cost him 13 games. The Nuggets went 6-7 during that stretch and are in a heated battle for playoff positioning in the wide open West.

Brook Lopez is back on the mend with a severely sprained ankle that will shelve him for 3 weeks. After playing every game in his first 3 seasons, Lopez has only managed to play in 5 games this year. Bad timing for him since this is a contract year and also bad luck for the Nets who would love to trade him for Dwight Howard.

Biggest Movers - Ersan Ilyasova has been playing the best basketball of his 4-year career over the last month. In February, he averaged 14.9 points, 10.9 rebounds and 0.370 3P% in 30.4 minutes. He's showing no signs of slowing with a strong start to March, increasing his averages to 17.3 points and 11.3 rebounds.

Nicolas Batum is also in his 4th season and enjoying the most productive year of his career. He posted 17.8 points, 1.6 blocks, 1.6 steals, 0.485 FG% and 0.429 3P% in February. His deadly 3pt shooting and all-around contributions have been impressive, which should result in a huge pay day this summer.

Teammate Raymond Felton is not having the type of year many in Portland were hoping for when acquired from Denver in the off-season. Felton is struggling mightily with his shot averaging career-lows of 0.383 FG%, 0.244 3P% and 10.1 points. Strange to think it was only a year ago when Felton averaged 17.1 points and 9.0 assists in 54 games with the Knicks.

Ty Lawson is having a breakout year as many predicted he would with Billups and Felton out of the picture. On the year, he is averaging 15.9 points, 6.8 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals. Nuggets rookie, Kenneth Faried, has been a lightning rod with his relentless hustle, rebounding and defensive intensity. Even in limited minutes, he has the ability to put up big rebounding numbers.

Baron Davis has been cold since being activated in February and playing backup point guard to Jeremy Lin. Over 7 games, he is averaging 3.1 points, 0.237 FG% and 0.150 3P% in 15.7 minutes. Baron is historically a low percentage volume shooter but these numbers are just too bad to ignore.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 iLLosophy @ 03/12/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
They made a game that's pretty much untouchable from a presentation standpoint, improved dramatically on the Legend content, don't have the online server stability/inconsistency issues of years previous.
I play this game 95% online, and I can say that part of your statement is 100% false.

# 42 spankdatazz22 @ 03/13/12 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I play this game 95% online, and I can say that part of your statement is 100% false.
If it's 100% false, how are you managing to stomach playing 95% of your games in the first place [if the server stability hasn't improved at all]? Why would someone even bother?

# 43 Knickerbocker @ 03/13/12 09:54 AM
Quote:
If it's 100% false, how are you managing to stomach playing 95% of your games in the first place [if the server stability hasn't improved at all]? Why would someone even bother?
I play 100% of my games online. And IMO this game is a couple of tweaks away from online greatness. They just need to hire a guy that plays 2k regularly, knows basketball, gets his data from various stat sites and watches videos of all teams. It's a full time job and the game would improve by 200%.

# 44 iLLosophy @ 03/13/12 10:37 AM
Quote:
Great question. I often wonder that myself. But I'm in a league that I've played in since 2k11 (and that I paid money to be in). Once it's over, this game is getting sold. I'm actually hoping I don't make the playoffs so I can stop playing this game.

# 45 spankdatazz22 @ 03/13/12 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I'm actually hoping I don't make the playoffs so I can stop playing this game.
lol of course you are

# 46 spankdatazz22 @ 03/13/12 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
I play 100% of my games online. And IMO this game is a couple of tweaks away from online greatness. They just need to hire a guy that plays 2k regularly, knows basketball, gets his data from various stat sites and watches videos of all teams. It's a full time job and the game would improve by 200%.
Thx; this is what I was expecting more to hear from someone that plays online often. I was in no shape or form trying to say online was perfect because it isn't - but it does seem like stability has improved from what it was in previous years. But no doubt, there will always be some that will continue to push the perception that the online servers suck/there's constant instability.

My guess is if they're able to implement dedicated lobbies w/o compromising connectivity or tweak the existing freeplay mode so people get can't get away with as much garbage play as they can now, it'll improve the overall experience

# 47 iLLosophy @ 03/13/12 11:02 AM
Quote:
lol of course you are
You can save your sarcasm. I've had so many games dropped/simmed that I know it's not even a question of IF it will happen, but when.... and if it happens during a pivotal playoff game, that is a state of mind I'd rather not go to because I'm looking forward to getting my security deposit for my apartment back

# 48 jap45 @ 03/13/12 01:48 PM
yall cry bout da dumbest things take 2k12 staff for what it is da best this is not da lazy madden staff

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.