Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has updated their NCAA Football 13 website with a few tidbits of information. Details are shown below, along with release dates, when more information and details will be available.

Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds (More details released on April 2nd)
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

Playbook #2: Gameplay (More details released on April 17th)
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (More details released on May 28th)
There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (More details released on June 11th)
The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 The Yurpman @ 03/12/12 10:44 PM
Sounds like the same things they promise year after year. How many years have they touted the pre-game traditions, mascots, etc. as a "new" feature?

# 62 johnnyg713 @ 03/12/12 11:05 PM
Like many people have said I'm pretty excited about the new passing system. It makes me wonder if they're finally adding things like route-based passing and ball trajectory, or completely revamping the passing mechanic, such as RS controls.

# 63 hurricanefootball4 @ 03/12/12 11:20 PM
Would prefer 85 man rosters over this heisman mode business...

# 64 khaliib @ 03/12/12 11:41 PM
My 2 cents is that the size of the field ratio kills all the movements because everything happens on such a small field size to capture all those Visual snippets many get giddy about.

Guys cover 5 yrds with 2 steps.

Either the field proportion has to be increased or the Speed/Acceleration of players will have to be edited so that so that this "All New" passing system will be fluid in motion.

Or, is this just they've finally brought over Madden's long/med/short passing ranges and stickied "All New" on to it.

2nd, wondering if NCAA 13 will have a Broadcast Cam option to showcase this passing system with the so called New Commentary.

We shall see.

But buyer BEWARE until your own hands-on play reveal what is, and what isn't!!!

# 65 canes21 @ 03/12/12 11:46 PM
Great ideas, now I just hope the implementation is great as well. Going off last year's game, I won't hold my breath, but I am definitely interested.

# 66 balljonesjr @ 03/12/12 11:59 PM
I can't lie and say I'm not excited however I'll be more excited on the "more information to come" dates but the new passing system will only be great if the dbs also play more realistic … excitement level … 6 out of 10

# 67 Watson @ 03/13/12 12:06 AM
Some of you guys are unbelievable. Simply unreal.

This is FANTASTIC news. Extremely excited.

# 68 reco @ 03/13/12 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Would prefer 85 man rosters over this heisman mode business...
this would be great!

# 69 balljonesjr @ 03/13/12 12:17 AM
Is it just me or is there any 1 else out there that isn't happy because there's no mention of a fixed player momentum … 190lb CB hitting my 250lb TE/RB up high … (frown)

# 70 eagskerfan @ 03/13/12 12:32 AM
Ths game is going to be lame. Who cares about road to glory, who cares about team entrances. Stupid. How about fixing shotgun spread zone read....you know, the offense most widely used in college football. How about letting us play a season with more than 12 team builder teams. Who cares about Brad Nessler? Give us Fowler, Howard, Herbstriet, and Corso, you know, the game day crew that everyone associates with actual college football

# 71 Broncos86 @ 03/13/12 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balljonesjr
Is it just me or is there any 1 else out there that isn't happy because there's no mention of a fixed player momentum … 190lb CB hitting my 250lb TE/RB up high … (frown)
If I had to choose for this iteration, I'd have to say I'm okay with it so long as the passing game improvements rock. I can't expect everything to get fixed in one iteration. If it isn't this year, then hopefully next year. But, what they are offering would certainly appease me if it's executed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
Ths game is going to be lame. Who cares about road to glory, who cares about team entrances. Stupid. How about fixing shotgun spread zone read....you know, the offense most widely used in college football. How about letting us play a season with more than 12 team builder teams. Who cares about Brad Nessler? Give us Fowler, Howard, Herbstriet, and Corso, you know, the game day crew that everyone associates with actual college football
This is funny. They post about improvements to both the passing game as well as defensive read/react, and you complain about shotgun spreads. You's trollin'.

# 72 eagskerfan @ 03/13/12 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

These are really generic features listed. It's even more unbelieveable when every year they recycle these same "new innovative features" and people say how it sounds like a huge improvement, and it's going to be a day one buy. There were more features for this game on last gen systems. Soon there won't be a college fotoball video game because people will think there is no interest, when actually it's just people being tired of poor execution and don't want to buy it from ea's monopoly.

I really wanted to buy this game this year, but for two years in a row it will be a no buy.

# 73 eagskerfan @ 03/13/12 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
If I had to choose for this iteration, I'd have to say I'm okay with it so long as the passing game improvements rock. I can't expect everything to get fixed in one iteration. If it isn't this year, then hopefully next year. But, what they are offering would certainly appease me if it's executed well.

This is funny. They post about improvements to both the passing game as well as defensive read/react, and you complain about shotgun spreads. You's trollin'.
read and react defense....they've always had that, how is it going to be any different? I'm not trolling. I want the game to be great.

# 74 Watson @ 03/13/12 12:48 AM
Quote:
Ths game is going to be lame. Who cares about road to glory
Yay for sweeping assumptions
Quote:
who cares about team entrances.
I care for team entrances. Nobody wants to admit it, but EA actually does a fairly good job at recreating a college environment.
Quote:
How about fixing shotgun spread zone read...
It's March. It is still early for any type of announcements of that size
Quote:
How about letting us play a season with more than 12 team builder teams.
That backlash from this will be insane and you know it.
Quote:
Who cares about Brad Nessler?
What in the actual ****?
Quote:
Give us Fowler, Howard, Herbstriet, and Corso, you know, the game day crew that everyone associates with actual college football

# 75 PowerofRed25 @ 03/13/12 12:50 AM
Interesting news.

I am a little worried about the wording of a new passing "system." I really don't see the fault with the offensive side of the passing game. Yeah the animations are generic and it can be difficult to place the ball, but most of the problems stem from the way the defense reacts and the size of the field compared to the size of the players.

WR/DB interaction has to be addressed, ball placement on special routes (fade) certainly needs to be addressed but the passing system isn't the entire problem. There are some pretty bad size ratio problems in this game. Hopefully those will be addressed as well. I'm glad there is talk of a read and react type system, that alone could very easily solve the problems, but it just seems like there are a lot more issues that come into play.

Guess we'll see what happens.

# 76 jfsolo @ 03/13/12 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

With the high level of bitterness and disappointment that so many here had, and still have, toward NCAA Football 12, it's better for them to take a hard line attitude of serious skepticism. Months of people ranting about how they were hoodwinked by EA again, is something that I hope can be avoided this year.

# 77 bigbob @ 03/13/12 12:55 AM
I'm happy for them supposedly redoing the passing and the defensive AI.. I just hope they add my small request of being able to add teams without having to remove, even if they only give us like 12 slots.

# 78 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/13/12 12:59 AM
Quote:
These are really generic features listed. It's even more unbelieveable when every year they recycle these same "new innovative features" and people say how it sounds like a huge improvement, and it's going to be a day one buy. There were more features for this game on last gen systems. Soon there won't be a college fotoball video game because people will think there is no interest, when actually it's just people being tired of poor execution and don't want to buy it from ea's monopoly.

I really wanted to buy this game this year, but for two years in a row it will be a no buy.
I understand your beef with the game and I am with you. But don't jump the gun so quickly bro. I know this EA and all. But you never know what will happen. Wait until the info and videos come out and then decide.

# 79 gharp14 @ 03/13/12 01:06 AM
really funny how people are already saying they wont buy the game after 2 sentences on each category. i dont care if people dont buy but atleast wait until you have videos and more in depth information/blogs out

# 80 sportzbro @ 03/13/12 01:16 AM
Quote:
Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds (More details released on April 2nd)
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.
OHHHH MASCOTS YAY!!! Enhanced audio & trophies though are a huge plus - it'll make rivalry games and bowl games more exciting. Really adds to the overall atmosphere of games which was trash in 12. I really hope they can capture the atmosphere finally.

Quote:
Playbook #2: Gameplay (More details released on April 17th)
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.
Finally they are addressing the garbage passing game. Hopefully it's not some complicated thing, and the ball trajectory is fixed (along with the football size). Read & React could affect the the DB's and super-LB's that they promise are fixed every year.

Quote:
Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.
Updates are going to be awesome and I'm guessing it's Reece Davis - maybe even there's a score ticker. I could care less about the web thing - it's fine, and how many people really use it anyway? Please just add what we've been wanting forever and stop pushing the web/online thing down our throats. Recruiting imo is complicated and time consuming enough. Give me other options to get immersed in like in-depth scheduling, neutral site games, etc.

Quote:
Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (More details released on May 28th)
There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.
What is the point of adding new modes when current ones are still severely lacking features? Generic marketing/gimmick tie-in.

Quote:
Playbook #5: Road to Glory (More details released on June 11th)
The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.
Let me guess... A first-person view or something similar to Backbreaker's angle.

Overall, I really hope that there is some solid info in the first 3 blogs that can sell me on the game. Really praying that there are some huge details and additions and these are just some teases.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.