Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

With about a week left to shrink the field of potential Madden NFL 13 cover atletes from 64 down to 32. Cam Newton is leading the way, as he has received more votes than any other player involved.

Source - 'Madden' Cover Vote Update (ESPN)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jyoung @ 03/19/12 02:00 PM
Cam Newton may have thrown for a ton of yards, but he also threw a ton of INTs.

You don't win games with a TD/INT ratio of 21/17.

# 22 bmj2k7 @ 03/19/12 08:23 PM
I know everyone is thinking offence, but EA said this is a D year trying to make it fun again. JaredAllen had 20+ sacks on a bad team, which is even more impressive bc you knew he was always being blocked, and was a top 3 finish either last year or the year before. It could be Mario Williams, but lets face it, there still by far the worst team in their division. It probably be someone like Ed Reed or Patrick Willis, or someone like Julius Peppers who all are dominant and fun to watch!

# 23 foote92 @ 03/22/12 06:53 PM
CRUUUZZZZZ

# 24 chronoxiong @ 03/22/12 11:22 PM
It's looking like Cam Newton will be on the cover unless a dramatic voting change happens. I just want to see the template so I can make my own covers. Lol...

# 25 RogueHominid @ 03/28/12 02:27 PM
Cam deserves this. What he did last year was nothing short of remarkable. And it was all overshadowed by that one guy. I can only hope he gets his due share of Sports Center and NFL Network time this year.

# 26 RogueHominid @ 03/28/12 02:48 PM
IDK, I mean the kid had a + ratio as a rookie on a bad team. That's a good accomplishment, not to mention that he scored 14 TDs on the ground. That's pretty amazing in my opinion.

4,757 yards from scrimmage and 35 TDs seems like a pretty amazing rookie season. Maybe my historical knowledge is off, but can someone put up a rookie QB whose season was comparable (on a bad team) that we would not normally consider amazing? Yes he got sacked 35 times, and yes he fumbled 5 times, but the whole body of work--whose rookie seasons does his compare to, for historians of the game.

# 27 CLEAR17 @ 03/28/12 03:32 PM
Cam Newton will be good for Madden. Would have been very interesting if NCAA would have put him in their heisman cover vote. Same guy could have won the cover for two games. Just a thought.

Still would like to see P Willis or D Ware on the cover

# 28 jyoung @ 03/28/12 04:44 PM
In the NFL, Vince Young was awful before, during and after he appeared on the Madden 08 cover.

If you're going to compare anyone to Vince Young, it shouldn't be Cam Newton, it should be Tim Tebow.

Because both Young and Tebow can't read a defense or pass the ball and both are masters of the "3 and out" offense.

# 29 Jaaa @ 03/28/12 05:34 PM
Funny how many people forget Aaron Rodgers JUST HAD (very) ARGUABLY THE GREATEST SEASON OF ALL-TIME!!!

# 30 Lodeus @ 03/28/12 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaa
Funny how many people forget Aaron Rodgers JUST HAD (very) ARGUABLY THE GREATEST SEASON OF ALL-TIME!!!
Meh. Someone else will do it again next season with the way the rules are now. Along with Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, and Brady all put up really, really good numbers.

# 31 KBLover @ 03/29/12 03:39 PM
Quote:
Cam did what he did as a rookie on a rebuilding team. I think that's just a notch more impressive - as awesome as Aaron (and Brees) is.

# 32 mjhyankees @ 03/29/12 05:17 PM
Quote:

And what about Eli? His numbers are way up there...maybe 3rd or 4th or 5th best...and he just won his second ring and second SB MVP. Doesn't that matter....I hate the way they do the cover choice.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.