Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Norris_Cole @ 03/23/12 05:59 AM
Gerald Green doesn't even have his real face!!! Wonderful "art updates" 2ksports

# 2 Twista209 @ 03/23/12 06:01 AM
I am curious, I am trying to go into the view where you can edit accessories etc. and everytime I try my system freezes up and I have to start over. Looks like the roster has a glitch.

I tried it on the free agents and I get the same freeze issue. I was wondering why I actually had to download the new roster versus simply resetting them. Hope 2K sees this issue soon and fixes it.

# 3 Ricky Rowe Zay @ 03/23/12 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Gerald Green doesn't even have his real face!!! Wonderful "art updates" 2ksports
I think that just about does it.

I had a little hope they would follow through on an art update to the players to show that feature was legit as promised.

The real test would be if they made those art updates to put Gerald Green's face from 2K11/2K10 in the game as Ronnie had mentioned was possible but they wanted to wait to "do it right". Nah, we get a generic CAP because they dont give a f*ck about 2K12 anymore and are working on 2K13.

Heres to the wait until October 2012.

# 4 beast10 @ 03/23/12 06:50 AM
Just download a custom roster! Sim World , Community Edit, Take That Roster... They all have a cyberfaces that 2k is not putting in the game and The Take that Roster actually has the REAL Gerald Green cyberface.

# 5 Twista209 @ 03/23/12 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rowe Zay
I think that just about does it.

I had a little hope they would follow through on an art update to the players to show that feature was legit as promised.

The real test would be if they made those art updates to put Gerald Green's face from 2K11/2K10 in the game as Ronnie had mentioned was possible but they wanted to wait to "do it right". Nah, we get a generic CAP because they dont give a f*ck about 2K12 anymore and are working on 2K13.

Heres to the wait until October 2012.
Very crappy work 2K. SMH since release date.

# 6 edubbs @ 03/23/12 07:10 AM
A handful of shoe and sock color updates were done several weeks ago but, nothing ever since.

VERY dissapointed with the Insider's updates and 2k's support of this game in general this year.

# 7 jon_superman @ 03/23/12 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Just download a custom roster! Sim World , Community Edit, Take That Roster... They all have a cyberfaces that 2k is not putting in the game and The Take that Roster actually has the REAL Gerald Green cyberface.
No disrespect to anyone that did that roster because it is good work, but that is not Gerald Green, it is Brad Sellers from the 88-89 bulls, it is probably the best anyone is gonna get though.

# 8 Twista209 @ 03/23/12 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_superman
No disrespect to anyone that did that roster because it is good work, but that is not Gerald Green, it is Brad Sellers from the 88-89 bulls, it is probably the best anyone is gonna get though.
Everyone correct me if I am wrong, but, that Gerald Green CAP that 2K made has the draft information on player card which leads me to believe we might be able to figure out how to do the same with our CAPs.

# 9 nosambob808 @ 03/23/12 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twista308
I am curious, I am trying to go into the view where you can edit accessories etc. and everytime I try my system freezes up and I have to start over. Looks like the roster has a glitch.

I tried it on the free agents and I get the same freeze issue. I was wondering why I actually had to download the new roster versus simply resetting them. Hope 2K sees this issue soon and fixes it.
downloaded the roster and went into manage roster in the main menu, don't seem to have a problem with editing any players. i'm on 360, about to start what will hopefully be my last association but the glitch claim scares me. what player/team/game mode were you in? also green doesn't appear to be a cap from what i can see, i mean it has a real pic none of his career stats though. this the same roster?

# 10 iLLosophy @ 03/23/12 08:16 AM
This is like waking up early to watch the latest episode of a sitcom.

# 11 Twista209 @ 03/23/12 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosambob808
downloaded the roster and went into manage roster in the main menu, don't seem to have a problem with editing any players. i'm on 360, about to start what will hopefully be my last association but the glitch claim scares me. what player/team/game mode were you in? also green doesn't appear to be a cap from what i can see, i mean it has a real pic none of his career stats though. this the same roster?
Yes sir, Green has no career stats and from what others are claiming his cyberface is of another NBA player from the 90s. Let me try and explain in detail what is happening to me.

Logged into Xbox live account. Started NBA2K12; checked online to see if the new roster was ready; went back and reset the rosters and it keeps resetting the roster to the original NBA2K12 roster from launch date. I do not even have this roster saved anywhere. I cleared the cache and it still defaults to that roster. So now I download the new roster from 2k; load it and look it over. I click on any player and I can see their player cards etc. But when I attempt to edit them it will completely freeze up and I have to restart. This is the first time that I have not been able to reset roster and it automatically load the new one just released from 2K.

I am out of ideas.

# 12 Twista209 @ 03/23/12 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
This is like waking up early to watch the latest episode of a sitcom.
I can only agree and LoL at this statement!

# 13 Twista209 @ 03/23/12 08:25 AM
It makes me even more angry that 2K STILL has yet to add most of the missing players from teams and FA.

# 14 nosambob808 @ 03/23/12 08:26 AM
Quote:
Yes sir, Green has no career stats and from what others are claiming his cyberface is of another NBA player from the 90s. Let me try and explain in detail what is happening to me.

Logged into Xbox live account. Started NBA2K12; checked online to see if the new roster was ready; went back and reset the rosters and it keeps resetting the roster to the original NBA2K12 roster from launch date. I do not even have this roster saved anywhere. I cleared the cache and it still defaults to that roster. So now I download the new roster from 2k; load it and look it over. I click on any player and I can see their player cards etc. But when I attempt to edit them it will completely freeze up and I have to restart. This is the first time that I have not been able to reset roster and it automatically load the new one just released from 2K.

I am out of ideas.
I'm by no means a pro at all this newfangled technology stuff but here's what i did that seems to work for me without any problems that i've found to this point. go to 2kshare, download the latest roster and save it as a new file, go to load rosters and load said file and bam, good to go so far. on another note, wtf is up with Durant having a plus 1? ie he's a 93 but his rating has the blue arrow next to it making him a 94, only player i've seen this with.

# 15 Twista209 @ 03/23/12 08:29 AM
Quote:
I'm by no means a pro at all this newfangled technology stuff but here's what i did that seems to work for me without any problems that i've found to this point. go to 2kshare, download the latest roster and save it as a new file, go to load rosters and load said file and bam, good to go so far. on another note, wtf is up with Durant having a plus 1? ie he's a 93 but his rating has the blue arrow next to it making him a 94, only player i've seen this with.
Thanks for the assistance bro. I tried all that, I even tried an old roster file I had saved on usb and it is doing the same thing. I will have to clean all 2K off harddrive and start over which is fine. Since we are on a roster topic. Any idea how to unlock all the Legend teams without playing all those damn games?

# 16 nosambob808 @ 03/23/12 08:47 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the assistance bro. I tried all that, I even tried an old roster file I had saved on usb and it is doing the same thing. I will have to clean all 2K off harddrive and start over which is fine. Since we are on a roster topic. Any idea how to unlock all the Legend teams without playing all those damn games?
yeah you must have a corrupt file somewhere or we're not trying to edit the same players because i haven't been able to replicate it. for the legends just go into your settings and set it to like 2 mins and rookie, but they're actually pretty fun to play as a break here and there. mj is incredible.

# 17 Twista209 @ 03/23/12 08:52 AM
Quote:
yeah you must have a corrupt file somewhere or we're not trying to edit the same players because i haven't been able to replicate it. for the legends just go into your settings and set it to like 2 mins and rookie, but they're actually pretty fun to play as a break here and there. mj is incredible.
Thanks bro,

# 18 novacat22 @ 03/23/12 09:05 AM
I don't know why people are getting so bent out of shape about having his real face in the game.

I am just glad they finally put him and Chandler back in the game in general. I will play with them regardless.

# 19 STLRams @ 03/23/12 09:09 AM
The 2K Insider strikes again!!! You shouldn't be surprised guys, the Insider has yet to give us upto date art modifications on players, he has so many players 3 point ratings jacked up real high and but midrange shooting set low its crazy how unrealistic the ratings are and how unaccurate some of them are. And also tendencies have are barely even touched in the roster update for players and teams.

The 3 point and midrange ratings this year for a 2K sports basketball game are outdated and crazy. Example he has Sessions mid range at 78 but 3point at 52, Sessions shoots in real life over 40% from mid range and about 40% for 3 pointers, its crazy how low his midrange shooting is. Also Majority of players in the league there Midrange fg% is higher than there 3 point% but in NBA2K12 there 3point ratings are boosted way higher than there midrange ratings??? Look through the rosters alot of players are rated 70 or below midrange rating but there 3 point ratings are 85 or above, it doesn't matchup at all of how those players shoot in real life. This is part of the reason playing online is a bad this year people will just jack up 3 pointers cause the ratings are so high for to many players, instead of posting up, running plays or shooting midrange jumpers.

# 20 Norris_Cole @ 03/23/12 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
The 2K Insider strikes again!!! You shouldn't be surprised guys, the Insider has yet to give us upto date art modifications on players, he has so many players 3 point ratings jacked up real high and but midrange shooting set low its crazy how unrealistic the ratings are and how unaccurate some of them are. And also tendencies have are barely even touched in the roster update for players and teams.

The 3 point and midrange ratings this year for a 2K sports basketball game are outdated and crazy. Example he has Sessions mid range at 78 but 3point at 52, Sessions shoots in real life over 40% from mid range and about 40% for 3 pointers, its crazy how low his midrange shooting is. Also Majority of players in the league there Midrange fg% is higher than there 3 point% but in NBA2K12 there 3point ratings are boosted way higher than there midrange ratings??? Look through the rosters alot of players are rated 70 or below midrange rating but there 3 point ratings are 85 or above, it doesn't matchup at all of how those players shoot in real life. This is part of the reason playing online is a bad this year people will just jack up 3 pointers cause the ratings are so high for to many players, instead of posting up, running plays or shooting midrange jumpers.
Finally someone who seems to care about this, I've been saying this for weeks, 2k12 ratings (specially mid range and 3pt ratings) are the worst from the series so far. As you say , totally outdated, and I'm not talking about star players only, they need to update ALL the 3pt and mid ratings from EVERY player in the game. Don't agree with your last part though, a lot of players are good 3pt shooters but horrible or average mid range shooters (paul george, james harden...)

2k should contact someone from this forum to do the ratings, I will even do it for free. I find pathetic that they have a guy hired to do almost nothing

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.