Home
News Post

Total immersion is all gamers want these days. They want accurate stats, seedings and signings. Well, what better way to experience this total immersion in an MLB game than completing a 162-game season? It's one feat that many, even our staff writers, struggle with.

So staff writers, have you ever finished a 162-game season?

Read More - OS Roundtable: Have you Ever Completed a 162 Game Season?

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Equinox831 @ 03/28/12 07:41 PM
I haven't, but I plan on knocking one out this summer on The Show. Right now, I normally play at least one game per series so that evens out to around 50+ games a year. I really wish I had the time to play more right now.

# 42 Vechi8 @ 03/28/12 07:50 PM
Not even close. I would continue to play with sliders and get obsessed with finding the perfect settings and eventually would restart the chise. I have found the set this year that works and plan not to only hit 162, but achieve multiple years.

# 43 DaReapa @ 03/28/12 08:49 PM
I came within one month of completing a full season in MLB 08 The Show, but couldn't pull myself to carry on. So far, MLB 12 seems to be the best in the series, so I may be compelled to try and pull off the feat this year.

# 44 Seltaeb9091 @ 03/28/12 09:23 PM
I have completed a 162 game season for almost every MLB game I've ever owned since 1999... All-Star Baseball 2000 & 2001, ASB2003-2005 (PS2), MVP 2005 (PS2), MLB The Show from 2006-2008 (PS2) and The Show 10 and 11 (PS3). The only exceptions were 2002 (upgraded to a PS2 late that summer) and 2009 (late summer PS3 upgrade). Although I own Triple Play Baseball (PS1), I can't remember if I finished a season on it or not.

I always make sure to play every single game in each season. I rarely sim games, I only do so if a game I just completed somehow crashes the game before I can save. In my younger years, I'd also play every spring training game, but the older I get, the more impatient I am, so I may play one or two and then advance to the regular season.

I have also completed full seasons in both SNES Griffey games, a 165 game season in Baseball Simulator 1.000 (probably Super BS 1.000, can't remember), and whatever the max was in Baseball Stars.

One thing I remember about the first SNES Griffey title (aside from the glitch that erased your home run totals) was completing a dominating season with the Giants only to get swept by the Twins in the World Series. Talk about a deflating feeling. But I also remember grabbing an old issue of USA Today's Baseball Weekly with year-end stats to manually change every single name in the game to their real life counterparts. The lone exception was Will Clark, who had just went to the Rangers, and I plugged in my name instead (even though I'm not a lefty). And despite all this, I sold this game at a used game store for reasons I can no longer remember. I just hope whoever bought it didn't reset the names by accident.

# 45 Armor and Sword @ 03/28/12 09:37 PM
MVP 2005 I played 3 straight seasons all 162 games with the Florida Marlins and won back to back World Series. Amazing. Year three I lost in game 7 of the NLCS to the Giants. I played MVP 2005 from 2004-August of 2009 and then I bought my PS3 and picked up the Show 2009 and played a full 162 games with the Yankees in year one and lost in the ALCS, played 100 games in year 2 and lost again in the ALCS.

In 2011 I did not play all 162. I think I only played 85 games in year one of my Yankee chise and played 70 games in my 1987 Chise. I had way too many other games going with NBA2K11, Madden 12, NCAA 12 and other non sports games.

Before that I never played all 162 on games like High Heat 2002 and Triple Play 97 and 98.

This year I am determined to playing all 162 games of both my Marlins chise and my new 87 Yankees chise. I have no plans to purchase any new sports titles this year. It will be The Show all day, all night...all the time.

Baseball fever is back.

# 46 Jgainsey @ 03/28/12 09:40 PM
I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't play a full season with a yearly baseball title.

I actually ended up playing two full seasons last year... thanks in part to a few months of unemployment.

# 47 metal134 @ 03/28/12 10:00 PM
I've never done it. When I was younger, I could have done it and was in fact, eager to do it. But the problem is that if I were to do it, I wanted a game that presented statistical realism that was indistinguishable from a true MLB season. If it doesn't offer that, it's boring as hell to me. At the same time, it also had to have a full, deep franchise mode. High Heat had the realism, but lacked a real franchise mode. MVP and All-Star Baseball had the franchise modes, but lacked statistical realism. Back then, I had the time and inclination to do it if a game that met all the criteria were available. But it wasn't. Now, The Show meets all those criteria. But I no longer have the time. Now, I'm 30 and have a full time job. But it's sort of bitter sweet because there's something else that compounds the problem. Because I'm 30 and because I have a full time job, I have more money than I did back then. Then, I had to pick and choose what games or books to buy. Now, if I see it and I want it, I buy it. So I have way more material to occupy far less free time. One day, though. One day, I will complete a 162 game season.

# 48 decga @ 03/28/12 10:01 PM
Yes I have. Its been awhile since I have accomplished the feat. It was actually the High Heat series. During my the Show years has difficult to complete a 162 game season. I was working a lot.

Now I am only working part-time. It is truly my goal to play all 162 games on the Show 12' with the Braves. Whether I win or lose I am going to finish a 162 game season.

# 49 tbook24 @ 03/28/12 10:50 PM
in road to the show i can complete multiple 162 game seasons because i dont have to play every pitch. but i did it once playing every pitch on ken griffey jr baseball the original one on snes

# 50 brettryantalley @ 03/28/12 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I played 162 On ASB '05...BUT, I was using a generated 2-1 pitch count which really sped things up. So there is an * on this accomplishment.

It isn't so much that I don't have enough video game time to play 162, but I am playing basketball and NHL games into June. And once August roles around, football games are taking a piece of the pie.

The other issue I run into with 162, is that by the time game #80 rolls around, my skills are much different that they were at game #1. So then it becomes a whole slider/settings fiasco.
Oh man, i can't tell you how much i wish the show would have a generated count feature!

# 51 cygm314 @ 03/28/12 11:39 PM
Did it once in MLB The Show 10. I used the Oakland A's and made it to the playoffs. I upset the Red Sox in the ALDS in 5 games, but ended up losing the next round to the Yankees in 6. Even after the elimination game, as upset as I was, there was a sense of pride that I had made it through 173 games.

# 52 FreAk47 @ 03/29/12 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cygm314
Did it once in MLB The Show 10. I used the Oakland A's and made it to the playoffs. I upset the Red Sox in the ALDS in 5 games, but ended up losing the next round to the Yankees in 6. Even after the elimination game, as upset as I was, there was a sense of pride that I had made it through 173 games.
I gotta give you credit...if I put that much effort into playing the whole season I definitely wouldn't go down in the playoffs. I'd restart games until I won them.

I've never done it, never even considered trying actually. I usually play RTTS for the simple fact you can get through many seasons without having to play the game for hours on end. When I play franchise mode I usually 2 out of 3 games or so...and the ones I play sometimes I only bat, or only pitch etc...

# 53 LowerWolf @ 03/29/12 01:05 AM
Back in high school, I used to knock out 2-3 seasons of Bases Loaded during the summer (of course, these weren't full 162-game seasons).

But I think the last time I played a full 162-game season was on one of the 989 MLB games on the PS1.

I really am optimistic that changes this year though.

# 54 CujoMatty @ 03/29/12 01:52 AM
MVP
I was so addicted to the whole stadium building aspect. I remember looking at my profile and seeing I had completed 224 games. The depth of animations for the time also kept me going. I remember seeing new things half way thru the season.

# 55 Dazraz @ 03/29/12 05:49 AM
Never. I play 1 game in every series & sim the others.

# 56 bigjdotcom01 @ 03/29/12 09:01 AM
I finished a complete 162 game season with the DBacks in MLB 09. I also played the playoffs even though my DBacks did not make it. I have almost finished a complete season in MLB 10 with the Marlins (I have played 132 games so far). It helps that I did not buy MLB 11 although I plan on picking up MLB 12 soon.

I hate simming.

Here are a few links to my dynasties:
2010 Florida Marlins Franchise

2009 Arizona Diamondbacks Dynasty

# 57 lone_wolf74 @ 03/29/12 09:08 AM
I have never even come close to playing every game in a baseball season.

# 58 Schreck11 @ 03/29/12 09:18 AM
Every year since 06 I tell myself...okay this is gonna be the year I play all 162 games! But sadly I never have. And to be honest I'm going to be telling myself the same thing this year!

# 59 os1215 @ 03/29/12 09:28 AM
That's how I play; every game all nine innings. I love baseball.

# 60 blakjak @ 03/29/12 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper139
Yes, on the Wii. MLB power Pros 2008... Hey, love that game.
MLB power pros has to be one of the most underrated baseball games out there. I went 6 or 7 years with my created player before my buddy accidentally deleted my file.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.