Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Quote:
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

We have the opportunity to interview NCAA Football 13 Designer Christian McLeod and Producer Ben Haumiller. Please submit your Sights and Sounds questions now (ONLY SIGHTS AND SOUND QUESTIONS PLEASE). We'll try to get them answered and posted on Monday.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jhendricks316 @ 03/31/12 10:46 PM
Will I have to RELY on Custom Stadium Sounds like before, or someone actually listened to what EA Sports calls "fight songs"? As a musician, some of these "fight songs" were cacophonies of misplaced rhythms that aren't realistic.

# 82 austezie @ 04/01/12 08:21 AM
1.) More dynamic stats in game and replays, camera angles. I need to see season stats, game stats more often, even breakdowns of a players skills on the field
2.) Pre-game, Halftime, and Post Game commentary and presentation needs to be a bit more epic. Just a bit

3.) More realistic sidelines. Players and coaches reacting. More camera men and reporters. Sidelines look SUPER dead, bare and bland in these games.

4.) Bring momentum back. Rowdier crowd that reacts appropriately to big situations. I want to feel like my interception with 6 seconds left in the 4th MEANS something

# 83 Dazraz @ 04/01/12 09:25 AM
Both Madden & NCAA games last year were audible disasters. From the commentary to the non existent atmosphere these games were bad. I hope EA listened to the community & got these issues addressed to both titles this time aorund.

# 84 TDKing @ 04/01/12 10:05 AM
Are all these great sight and sounds that we are supposedly going to get be available in the Online Modes ? or will they just work for offline modes only ?

# 85 brianmcdonough7 @ 04/01/12 02:17 PM
  • add back in suspensions for players who disobey team rules or skip classes
  • have a discopline rating on a recruit (A+ meaning hes good F meaning hes bad)
  • if your freshman qb is a 74 overal and throws for 4,000 yards in a year he shouldnt only go up 4 points, should be like a 85 or 90 depending on how good he did. and have the ratings improve on the attributes that he was best at for example if he ran for 1,000 yards and passed for 3,000 have his speed and accell go up, same thing for if he breaks a lot of tackles
  • spring game
  • recruiting- have verbal commits and signed letter of intent, if its a verbal commit you can still go after him and try and take him from the school that he verbally commited to. add in potential rating
  • better dread locks
  • make college football crouds more realistic, add in specific cheers that the croud does, for example ohio state does the O-H-I-O chant in each section, or wisconsin jumpining up and down.
  • add back in stadium loudness meter
  • have home field advantage play a bigger role, example: add back in the statium croud meter
  • COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT MOMENTUM. I have yet to see momentum play a big role. ADD IT IN
  • add back in different touchtown dances
  • keep custom playbooks in the games
  • improve gameplay, make it realistic add in more tackles im tired of seeing the same tackles over and over again

# 86 Adibesee @ 04/01/12 02:48 PM
1)Will NCAA 13 have the same camera angles as Madden 12? If not please explain why. Also please review the following camera modification suggestions.

+ Wide Angles – zoom the camera in slightly on deep passes as the ball gets closer to the receiver and DB.
+ Zoom Angle – The camera is way too close to the field of play and also needs to be tilted down. Look at the camera on last gen as an example.

2) Will there be a customizable camera option for NCAA 13? (Similar to what was available in the 2K series)

3) Can you add an option to remove the HUD at the bottom of the screen, or at least add a button to only pull it up when you want to see it? I would prefer to see the entire field at all times and don’t want to worry about burn in on my plasma TV.

# 87 LionsFanNJ @ 04/01/12 02:52 PM
Will there be multiple entrances/intro a la NBA 2K12?

Have you guys implemented the FIFA commentary system this year or will 14 be the year?

Have you done anything with the reaction of the crowd for big games/moments/plays so they react accordingly? Also, does the atmosphere and audio change for the big time rivalry/bowl games?

Just a few things I'm interested in finding out.

# 88 jpatterson696 @ 04/01/12 03:37 PM
Is there going to be additional commentators? (Brent Musburger please!!!!) Also, is there going to be an integrated CBS presentation? Both are guaranteed to enhance the college football gaming experience as CBS presentation will make SEC games more realistic and additional commentators make rivalry games and games such as the rose bowl that much more exciting and in all make the college football gaming experience more fun.

# 89 TripleCrown9 @ 04/01/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmcdonough7
  • if your freshman qb is a 74 overal and throws for 4,000 yards in a year he shouldnt only go up 4 points, should be like a 85 or 90 depending on how good he did. and have the ratings improve on the attributes that he was best at for example if he ran for 1,000 yards and passed for 3,000 have his speed and accell go up, same thing for if he breaks a lot of tackles
  • spring game
  • recruiting- have verbal commits and signed letter of intent, if its a verbal commit you can still go after him and try and take him from the school that he verbally commited to. add in potential rating
  • better dread locks
  • make college football crouds more realistic, add in specific cheers that the croud does, for example ohio state does the O-H-I-O chant in each section, or wisconsin jumpining up and down.
  • have home field advantage play a bigger role, example: add back in the statium croud meter
  • COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT MOMENTUM. I have yet to see momentum play a big role. ADD IT IN
  • improve gameplay, make it realistic add in more tackles im tired of seeing the same tackles over and over again
The first two on your list are never going to happen.

# 90 WipeOut464 @ 04/01/12 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatterson696
Is there going to be additional commentators? (Brent Musburger please!!!!) Also, is there going to be an integrated CBS presentation? Both are guaranteed to enhance the college football gaming experience as CBS presentation will make SEC games more realistic and additional commentators make rivalry games and games such as the rose bowl that much more exciting and in all make the college football gaming experience more fun.
CBS integration isn't going to happen. EA is contracted with ESPN/ABC/Disney for NCAA. ESPN would never needlessly share their marketing rights with a competitor.

# 91 franch1se @ 04/01/12 04:14 PM
did they add USC's new giant scoreboard and tunnel paint?

# 92 chen_sc @ 04/01/12 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
CBS integration isn't going to happen. EA is contracted with ESPN/ABC/Disney for NCAA. ESPN would never needlessly share their marketing rights with a competitor.
I'm not sure about it. how can you explain the cbs integration in ncaa basketball 10?

# 93 Jeff George @ 04/01/12 04:27 PM
One presentation aspect I found jarring was the home crowd going silent on an opponent's big play. The home crowd's going to groan or show some sort of surprise, but it's not just going to go silent.

For example, here's a big play from Alabama in last year's Iron Bowl:

Can this be fixed for 13?

# 94 pirates946 @ 04/01/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Will Texas Tech be led out by the Masked Rider?
Since this was the first question posted, I sure hope it was asked and I sure hope they said yes. We will find out tomorrow. Cant wait.

# 95 sparkdawg777 @ 04/01/12 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmcdonough7
  • spring game
  • better dread locks

You can't sign a letter of intent until signing day.

# 96 sparkdawg777 @ 04/01/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avross
As far as momentum I say they take a whole different approach. For example a team that's very discipline like Stanford don't lose alot of momentum if they make a mistake and their players do traditional touchdown celebrations. And take a team like Miami (the u) they lose a bit more momentum if make a mistake and they also do more flashy touchdown celebrations that just gives NCAA that extra authentic feel

I agree with everyone that momentum needs to be included but I am not a fan of a meter of any sorts. Momentum should be a hidden code that simply gives you a better chance of making a good play if you are previously doing good, and vice versa if you are making bad plays (dropping passes, turning it over) then you have a greater chance of making a bad play. But there should always be a chance of making a great play to turn the momentum around.

Actually now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind having a meter as long as we can turn it off (in the display, but you should also have the option to actually turn momentum off completely if you don't like it). I have no problems with options.

# 97 dcbrys75 @ 04/01/12 06:46 PM
Does Tennessee finally get running through the "T" and Rocky Top with the WOO in it?

# 98 gopirates11 @ 04/01/12 07:34 PM
does East Carolina have its purple haze entrance? This includes the playing of "Purple Haze", the blow up skull we run out of, and the purple smoke.

# 99 gopirates11 @ 04/01/12 07:35 PM
Does East Carolinas Dowdy Ficklen Stadium have its expansion in the game? The endzone was bowled in to make a horse shoe 2 years ago.

# 100 kingsofthevalley @ 04/01/12 08:57 PM
Will there be field chatter implemented? Loved it in Madden 08. Sadly, they removed it (or severely turned down the volume of it in Madden) and its NEVER been in NCAA as far as I know.

I'm talking about the "run run!", "its a pass!", "dont come my way!", etc type of phrases.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.