Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out some of the new NCAA Football 13 screenshots, right here.

EA SPORTS UNVEILS NCAA FOOTBALL 13 PLAYBOOK #1: SIGHTS & SOUNDS

April 2, 2012 – The first EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 playbook, “Sights & Sounds”, is now available on the NCAA Football 13 playbook page. The Sights & Sounds playbook delivers new presentation and audio assets and offers unique insights directly from the art and audio teams.

SIGHTS
With new trophy presentations, motion blur rendering, progressive lighting and an expanded broadcast presentation, NCAA Football 13 brings a defined sense of realism to light up game days. Pre-game traditions feature several new schools, including:
  • Purdue Boilermaker run-out
  • Military parachutists for Army, Navy and Air Force
  • Oklahoma State Paddle Fans
  • Texas Cheerleaders
  • USC Song Girls
NCAA Football 13 delivers the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

SOUNDS
The NCAA Football 13 audio team sent audio directors and designers to more than 20 schools across the nation to capture the energy of game days, recording new crowd chants and stadium buzz. Commentary has been improved with genuine dialogue and unscripted banter between Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler, following a new recording process that blurs the line between virtual football commentary and true broadcast presentation.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, and licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, a division of IMG College, NCAA Football 13 will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on July 10. NCAA Football 13 is available for pre-order now. For more information about NCAA Football 13, please visit http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football.

NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 stylee @ 04/02/12 06:40 PM
Based on the gameplay clips, it's the same game.

# 22 acreyman @ 04/02/12 06:42 PM
Gonna be an auto buy again....Madden, never again I am afraid. NCAA is just better IMO. BUT......I am going to wait till Black Friday this year. That way all the sliders are set, most of the updates have dropped, and the rosters are done......AND the price is about 20 bucks.

# 23 TrueKingPK @ 04/02/12 06:43 PM
LOL EA Sports is crazy if they think they are getting me for sixty bucks for basically the same game with a few updates they should have done for free anyway.

# 24 khaliib @ 04/02/12 06:49 PM
The dev team could help their cause "some" if they did a side-by-side view of old vs new with these visuals.

I didn't see all that was under their Sights listing in the short clip.

My thing with all this team/school stuff is that there is about 100 other schools that don't get the Team Specific love, so it's not something that many are thrilled about when their school is not part of the Super Pack of big media schools.

Again, I want them to show side-by-side differences of visuals between '12 and '13 since Visuals is what they hang their hat on every year.

If they're going to drop such short Teaser clips, at least provide some "Wow" factor to them.

My person take after last year's mess and viewing this is, "And???".

This is what/how you start this year's release off?

# 25 stylee @ 04/02/12 06:55 PM
Seriously, if I were still playing 2012, I'd feel no reason to buy this game. I'd have to end my dynasty to play the exact same game, but be able to watch people hold up trophies.

# 26 roadman @ 04/02/12 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The dev team could help their cause "some" if they did a side-by-side view of old vs new with these visuals.

I didn't see all that was under their Sights listing in the short clip.

My thing with all this team/school stuff is that there is about 100 other schools that don't get the Team Specific love, so it's not something that many are thrilled about when their school is not part of the Super Pack of big media schools.

Again, I want them to show side-by-side differences of visuals between '12 and '13 since Visuals is what they hang their hat on every year.

If they're going to drop such short Teaser clips, at least provide some "Wow" factor to them.

My person take after last year's mess and viewing this is, "And???".

This is what/how you start this year's release off?
Last year was the first year I returned NCAA very quickly, within a month. Today, I became more impressed with what they are trying to do with commentary.

We'll see if I'm as impressed two weeks down the road with game play.

# 27 michapop9 @ 04/02/12 07:02 PM
sights and sounds was the wrong way to start off, especially with clips of gameplay and players that look EXACTLY the same as last year, which is crappy

The improvements mentioned here will wear off within the first month and itll be the same crappy game, so much anger against these people.

# 28 jmurphy31 @ 04/02/12 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Last year was the first year I returned NCAA very quickly, within a month. Today, I became more impressed with what they are trying to do with commentary.

We'll see if I'm as impressed two weeks down the road with game play.
I would of liked to seen a small clip that included the new commentary at work.

Usually, I am pretty excited to see the new clips and find out all the information I can, but this year not so much...Maybe its because I am getting older, losing interest in the game, or something else.

# 29 bonannogiovanni @ 04/02/12 07:17 PM
Hmmm, it seems no change at all in player locomotion and still those ugly static sidelines. Not promising at all in my opinion, hope to be wrong.

# 30 bruinkid626 @ 04/02/12 07:19 PM
I may be totally wrong here, but in the video @ around the :35 sec mark it seems that they added in a new bull rush animation. If so, I'm definitely pumped because the bull rush animation in NCAA 12 was absolutly garbage. It pretty much took your DT / DE out of the play if the animation occurred.

# 31 Bacon Vortex @ 04/02/12 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
0:36 mark top right corner.

Pass rusher beats a block but is off balanced. Still he turns on a dime (nearly 180) and lays out the QB in perfect stride.

Deal breaker and it's only April. Looks like another year of NCAA 2007 on the Xbox
Yeah. I'm sure the DE's can run down RB's from behind on the edge, too. Upsetting.

# 32 pirates946 @ 04/02/12 07:27 PM
I wonder who the mystery broadcaster is. Yall think Corso is back?

# 33 SteelerSpartan @ 04/02/12 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
I wonder who the mystery broadcaster is. Yall think Corso is back?
Hopefully we'll be "looking live" with Brent

As for the blog, Im kind of indifferent about it right now....going to have to see how it flows in gameplay

Are our Questions going to get answered in the podcast on Thursday??

# 34 JohnnytheSkin @ 04/02/12 07:32 PM
Does the paratrooper fly-in mean we'll have cadet sections and push-ups as well?

# 35 michapop9 @ 04/02/12 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Hmmm, it seems no change at all in player locomotion and still those ugly static sidelines. Not promising at all in my opinion, hope to be wrong.

If history is any teacher you wont be wrong. Very dissappointing

# 36 blkrptnt819 @ 04/02/12 07:38 PM
Overreaction Sports is back at it. LOL hahaha this was a sizzle video about trophy presentations not gameplay.

# 37 PackerBacker123 @ 04/02/12 07:39 PM
i don't care how good the parachutes are this is NO BUY!

# 38 H to the Oza @ 04/02/12 07:51 PM
so gameplay looks unchanged. 60 bucks for a few cheerleaders, celebrations, commentated words, hopefully no freezing issues this year ...

# 39 TheNumber35 @ 04/02/12 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
also i hope we can turn the motion blur off. Ive never seen people blur in real life. And i dont wanna see it in a game that is supposed to be realstic.
So when someone is moving their feet or legs really fast you can see them perfectly with no distortion?

Look guys, this is a sights and sounds webcast...not a gameplay one. So you can't judge the on the field stuff from the tiny clips they show us. I mean come on guys, I'll be as critical as anyone here, but you can't judge gameplay and the gameplay's quality from a 5 second clip meant to promote the new sounds and presentations.

April 17th is the real day when you can do this...so until then, stop complaining about things we don't know yet.

# 40 Pokes404 @ 04/02/12 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
also i hope we can turn the motion blur off. Ive never seen people blur in real life. And i dont wanna see it in a game that is supposed to be realstic.
Actually, this is how cameras and the human eye work when looking at moving objects. Put your hand in front of you and quickly move it back and forth. You'll see a streaking/blurring effect. The motion blur, if done correctly, should actually give the game a more realistic look. Now, whether the players will actually move realistically, I guess we'll find out later.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.