Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out some of the new NCAA Football 13 screenshots, right here.

EA SPORTS UNVEILS NCAA FOOTBALL 13 PLAYBOOK #1: SIGHTS & SOUNDS

April 2, 2012 – The first EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 playbook, “Sights & Sounds”, is now available on the NCAA Football 13 playbook page. The Sights & Sounds playbook delivers new presentation and audio assets and offers unique insights directly from the art and audio teams.

SIGHTS
With new trophy presentations, motion blur rendering, progressive lighting and an expanded broadcast presentation, NCAA Football 13 brings a defined sense of realism to light up game days. Pre-game traditions feature several new schools, including:
  • Purdue Boilermaker run-out
  • Military parachutists for Army, Navy and Air Force
  • Oklahoma State Paddle Fans
  • Texas Cheerleaders
  • USC Song Girls
NCAA Football 13 delivers the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

SOUNDS
The NCAA Football 13 audio team sent audio directors and designers to more than 20 schools across the nation to capture the energy of game days, recording new crowd chants and stadium buzz. Commentary has been improved with genuine dialogue and unscripted banter between Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler, following a new recording process that blurs the line between virtual football commentary and true broadcast presentation.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, and licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, a division of IMG College, NCAA Football 13 will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on July 10. NCAA Football 13 is available for pre-order now. For more information about NCAA Football 13, please visit http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football.

NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jeremym480 @ 04/03/12 10:34 AM
Why are we pretending that EA is the only company that markets this way? No company that I know of comes out with their "meat & potatoes" (gameplay & franchise) info first. But if people want to continue to make themselves look like they don't have a clue, then I am all for it. I love a good laugh.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

# 62 DJ @ 04/03/12 10:43 AM
If they can make the crowds and commentary more dynamic, that's a good thing.

True progressive lighting would be nice. The motion blur stuff looks cool, but wonder if it will be like 3D grass last year, where it's only noticeable in highlights.

# 63 Scrapps @ 04/03/12 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Why are we pretending that EA is the only company that markets this way? No company that I know of comes out with their "meat & potatoes" (gameplay & franchise) info first. But if people want to continue to make themselves look like they don't have a clue, then I am all for it. I love a good laugh.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Probably because they have exclusive rights to make an NCAA game.
Probably because they hype similar bs every year.
Probably because the game is filled with glitches.
Probably because the meat of the game (gameplay) continues to suck, year after year.

# 64 COACH WEBB @ 04/03/12 10:51 AM
Interested to see other things they added from a sights and sounds standpoint.

# 65 scottyo60 @ 04/03/12 11:55 AM
What bothers me most in screenshots is Michigan States jerseys are way too light. Didn't we complain about this last year?

# 66 MMurda @ 04/03/12 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
Yawn... NCAA 12 with some new cut scenes... big whoop
took the words right outta my mouth. YAWN!! i wont be buying any more madden/ncaa til most of the blogs are talking about gameplay only. the graphics have been good for yrs. sounds yea ok they could be better, but big deal. we need some damn substance for once. with gameplay being in such a sad shape compared to most other sports games, thats where i feel all the attn should be going....tweaks, tuning, new tech for gameplay, marketing, hype, and blogs for gameplay. until i see that shift in paradigm, its safe to say its another rehash. i guess we truly wont see any REAL progress until theyre FORCED to strip it down and start over for next gen...if they dont go the lazy route and port up.

# 67 jeremym480 @ 04/03/12 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGedden7
Umm MLB the Show NBA 2k FIFA 12. They dont need to even talk about their new presentations additions. They mostly have a trailer showing off gameplay. Umm did you see Max Pain 3 yet? All Gameplay Little story.

But really whats the problem is a lot of other companies dont have a rep of recycling or "not" focusing thier gameplay in there dev cycles as does EA.

So if you have that rep, what should they do? Show that its false, Right? Nope, EA just proves it to be right... If you like the gameplay the way it is that fine brother, cool by me. Just know that people, I mean a lot of people are not buying into it each year. Truth, pure fact. NCAA and MADDEN has been selling less and less each year maybe last year, I "think" they might have seen a plus.

But has yet to see the same sales as Madden 05 (best in gameplay to date). Why Gameplay is lacking. Focus on gameplay thats all we ask.
Actually, The Show started off with Sounds, screenshot, umpires personalities, fielders closing their gloves and cleats before they started talking about game play

NBA 2K12 did talk about game play early on, but only for the PS Move. Other than that they released their info on the commentary team, intros, Greatest Mode and the soundtrack before getting into game play.

FIFA actually did talk about improved A.I. before almost anything else. So at least they're bucking the trend. It seems like NCAA is par for the course with most all other sports games though.

# 68 Scrapps @ 04/03/12 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Actually, The Show started off with Sounds, screenshot, umpires personalities, fielders closing their gloves and cleats before they started talking about game play

NBA 2K12 did talk about game play early on, but only for the PS Move. Other than that they released their info on the commentary team, intros, Greatest Mode and the soundtrack before getting into game play.

FIFA actually did talk about improved A.I. before almost anything else. So at least they're bucking the trend. It seems like NCAA is par for the course with most all other sports games though.
True. But the above games are very different from the polished turd that is NCAA 1x. Those games play well on the field/court. Those games improve every year. Those development teams listen to the community and attempt to improve on shortcomings. Is a totally different story in regards to the NCAA series. We hear the same hype machine every year, yet the 2nd Tuesday in July, always disappoints. The game is always released with tons of glitches. Some of them which make the game unplayable. But no, we hear about team entrances and cannon placement, while a 320 pound nosetackle, turns on a dime and tracks down a rb on a sweep. I'm deaf to their nonsense.

# 69 LionsFanNJ @ 04/03/12 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
If they can make the crowds and commentary more dynamic, that's a good thing.

True progressive lighting would be nice. The motion blur stuff looks cool, but wonder if it will be like 3D grass last year, where it's only noticeable in highlights.
Give me a game in my dynasty that's JUST CLOUDY and i'll be happy. I fully expect only Sunshine/rain as the weather in dynasty though.

# 70 Balrog @ 04/03/12 02:49 PM
I am glad they fix the sidelines to have more then 30-40 players....
I am also glad to see the same crowd from last year...

# 71 Herky @ 04/03/12 02:53 PM
Please add Iowa's swarm entrance.

# 72 jeremym480 @ 04/03/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
True. But the above games are very different from the polished turd that is NCAA 1x.

Which is your opinion. I actually found the gameplay to be pretty good last year. Far from perfect, but much better than years past. That's just my opinion though, so I won't state it as fact.

Those games play well on the field/court. Those games improve every year.

Debatable. Ask the people who bought NBA 2K12, yet turned back to NBA 2K11 a few months later, if 12 is the better game.

Those development teams listen to the community and attempt to improve on shortcomings.

Do they? I'm still waiting on The Show to add the main item on my wishlist (career stats) to their game. If I recall correctly, I'm not the only on clamoring for this yet something that was in games made on last gen consoles and the other baseball game still hasn't found it's way into The Show. Which was my reason for going with MLB 2K12 this year.

Is a totally different story in regards to the NCAA series. We hear the same hype machine every year, yet the 2nd Tuesday in July, always disappoints. The game is always released with tons of glitches.

The transfer failed glitch was one of the worst that I've seen in any video game, I'll admit that. Aside from that, I didn't experience any other major glitches. None that were any bigger than pretty much every other game out there anyway.

Some of them which make the game unplayable. But no, we hear about team entrances and cannon placement, while a 320 pound nosetackle, turns on a dime and tracks down a rb on a sweep. I'm deaf to their nonsense.

Again, this is the norm with marketing with sports video games now days. I'm sure most of us would like to hear the "big news" first, but it isn't a smart strategy to do that. Especially, in this "is that it?" society that we're in. Their strategy is to slowly release info a few weeks at a time to keep their game on the forefront. And judging by the amount responses that they've gotten over the past few weeks, it's a sound strategy.

When it comes to gameplay I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but then again I didn't hate last years gameplay either. With a slider tweak here or there it actually played a pretty solid game of football, IN MY OPINION
Comments in red.

# 73 jeremym480 @ 04/03/12 03:09 PM
Quote:
But like I said which company has the been known not really update the gameplay???
No sports game this gen has really knocked my socks off with gameplay advances from one iteration to the next. If I was forced to pick one, I'd give the slight edge to NBA 2K11, slightly better than NCAA 12.

# 74 Dazraz @ 04/03/12 03:35 PM
Until I hear what this game sounds like during actual gameplay I will reserve judgement. No one talks up a game like EA do yet I've lost count of how many times the final product fails to deliver.

# 75 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/03/12 04:03 PM
Would have liked to see some more screenshots, would like to see what the progressive lighting looks like on the field or during gameplay in a screenshot.

I think the Photographic Side of NCAA Football 13 is going to be must see material again and would have like to get a taste of what's in store in that regard.

The 3 teams holding up trophies don't do much for me

# 76 cts @ 04/03/12 04:47 PM
I tend to be more amazed (in a good way) on how well NCAA plays, or any Football game for that matter. Being a programmer (granted not one at the level these guys are) I couldn't imagine trying to get 22 different objects to interact with each other 100's of times over a game ... especially in a game as complex as football has become.

Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer wouldn't be half the task.

On the topic of this blog, though ... I'm liking the improvements to the things they are spotlighting. If the sounds during the game are more realistic, that will go a long ways in improving the "feel" of the game. It was a little discouraging to not get a mention or demo of the crowd reacting more appropriately at the right times, though.

# 77 der juicen @ 04/03/12 04:49 PM
Quote:
Not opinion just facts

How do you feel about NCAA and Madden now?
(Not a Diss)

A lot of that sounds like the usual bitching opinions. Also, I enjoyed NCAA and Madden. Don't buy it.

# 78 gator3guy @ 04/03/12 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
I tend to be more amazed (in a good way) on how well NCAA plays, or any Football game for that matter. Being a programmer (granted not one at the level these guys are) I couldn't imagine trying to get 22 different objects to interact with each other 100's of times over a game ... especially in a game as complex as football has become.
My gripe is that they did it pretty well ten years ago on a much less powerful machine. This is 2012, we should NOT have a game that plays less realistic than in 2003.

# 79 ter11tam @ 04/03/12 05:05 PM
How come we can't have the camera angles that was shown in the scene over the army football stadium? (the guy parachuted down). I want to see the whole field. Just look at Fifa 12 or Super Techmo Bowl. You can see the whole field and make out the direction of each player. Why can't next gen have what old gen had but better? Have a great day.

# 80 jeremym480 @ 04/03/12 05:15 PM
Quote:
snip
When I play NCAA and Madden, I'm actually fairly pleased with the gameplay. Are there are many areas where they can improve? Sure. But their gameplay actually made a lot of improvements from 11 to 12 and actually closed the gap on NBA 2K and The Show, in my opinion.

I actually still own 2K5. I popped it in during the "great Madden franchise freeze of '08" and it didn't do anything for me.
I've never had any desire to play with fake players, so I honestly don't care if APF played the best game of football ever, it doesn't appeal to me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.