Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
Blair Herter and Producer Ben Haumiller turns their attention to next season with an early look at NCAA Football 13, with its explosion of uniforms, second-generation High Dynamic Range lighting, and true-to-life stadium atmosphere.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 04/04/12 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
c'mon man you think they want to use videos of the game in it's early stages to promote the game? They think long and hard about what they will be showing us.
Yeah the fact that they think that sack was "cool" to show off is a problem in itself.

# 22 WLU Golden Hawk @ 04/04/12 06:21 PM
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they want to fix the gameplay but they cant because of talent or limitations with the engine

# 23 jjsmitty34 @ 04/04/12 07:06 PM
Did he really say Fashion Show... What the??

I really hope the gameplay is fixed...

# 24 djordan @ 04/04/12 07:07 PM
This is sad. Makes no sense how EA/Tiburion has fell since 2006. The first sentence out of the devs mouth in the video is about fluff. That's all I needed to hear! I still can't believe the devs are hyping Motion blur...MOTION BLUR!!! That ish was in the first Resistance fall of man for PS3 back in 2006 lol.

No words...

# 25 seawolves9 @ 04/04/12 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
The thing is, I don't think they can really fix the gameplay so that's why they keep rehashing all this other stuff.
I agree with you here. After they decided to not fix the roster tendency issue in dynasty mode last year because the code was so poor that it probably would have broken something else within the game, it's fairly clear to me that this game has far too many internal issues on this gen. I don't think there's much of a way to salvage this game for this generations consoles. I could be wrong here, but, that's just the way it seems to all fit to me. It wouldn't make sense to have all these complaints about gameplay issues and not address them and focus on the way the game looks. It doesn't even look or feel like college football, yet that's the selling point for this whole video.

But then again, EA sports has never really made much sense when it comes to making their games. It's about that bottom line, nothing more.

I listened to Ben say one sentence and it just made me sick.

# 26 Watson @ 04/04/12 07:35 PM
"It's really a big key for us to get all of these combinations in.*"

*as long as your pre-order from Amazon

# 27 Watson @ 04/04/12 07:37 PM
oh, and faux outrage over a video game not releasing big information 2 months before it is released

# 28 DorianDonP @ 04/04/12 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLU Golden Hawk
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they want to fix the gameplay but they cant because of talent or limitations with the engine
That's how I feel. I believe the engine for this gen is broken, and the developers have no way to fix it without completely throwing it out.

I'm sure the higher ups at EA aren't willing to throw out the entire engine so they can spend so much $$$$ to redo it. Once they put that initial investment into the engine. We're stuck with it until the generation of consoles is over.

This gen's engine has been a failure.

I don't want to neccesarily write off the devs of NCAA, esp if they know the engine is crap but can't fix it (and by fix it, I mean replace it) because EA wont let them. But if the engine of next gen starts out on the wrong foot, then I'd be willing to put all of the blame on the devs.

That said, I still sorta wish they would start over. Replace everyone. New visionaries.

# 29 DorianDonP @ 04/04/12 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Sigh............All I know is they better have been blitzing in order for that read option running play to be blown up in the backfield like that. As soon as he got the ball he was creamed. Please don't tell me EA didn't fix that.

And what is with the DL doing a 180 degree turn on a DIME AGAIN to get the sack ? And also how come the QB didn't even attempt to run away or roll out ?

This is starting to look like another year of heavy roster edits to fix this game. Sigh..........

And FYI, motion blur don't appear to be making a difference at all. Is this another feature that is ONLY visible during a highlight reel ? Because I can't tell the difference between with it or without it.
Like how you didn't notice the 3d grass until they did an ugly looking instant replay from grass level? lol

The grass in 2011 was better looking than the grass of 2012. The grass of 2012 looked like ps1 at times.

Oh well.

# 30 mtoo22 @ 04/04/12 08:02 PM
I'm in the camp of the higher ups at EA will give them no more resources to do anything. They certainly do not play this game and think it represents football that humans play. I'm thinking they've reached the limits of this engine...

Hail West Virginia

# 31 kg54mvp1 @ 04/04/12 08:06 PM
Can't they put the additions of uniforms and traditions on the backburners and not blow it out of proportion?! I mean c'mon who really wants to see new traditions as one of the main features...again!

They are so ignorant, because It seems like they think it is incredible, but It was one of the most broken games I have played in a while. (12 I mean)

# 32 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 04/04/12 08:10 PM
The bashing of the EA NCAA developers should come to an immediate halt. It is evident that the developers have a keen insight and desire to take NCAA to that next level; however, they are limited as a result of marketing executives who have the final input concerning what is featured in the game. Any person above the age of 18 realizes the mindset of marketing so called experts who constantly deliberate in board meetings concerning what will sell a product, in which, the said individuals (executives) have no first had experience of. Yes, the developers are limited. They are limited by the execs and limited by this generations game engine. Furthermore, until an immediate competitor can break through EA's monopoly on college football as well as Madden, no immediate changes will take place in order to immediately garner the attention of the executives...$$$

"These things have been spoken, so that those who hear, might believe"

# 33 jaynny15 @ 04/04/12 08:28 PM
I love college football but after watching that. I was not impressed..Besides the different celebrations, that looked like ncaa 12....i lil disappointed.

# 34 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/04/12 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jBird
I don't think they're going to release the videos of the final build of NCAA 13, 4 months in advance of the release date, so the wolves here at OS can pick apart every minor deatil, and kill the buzz of the game before it really gets started. Without expectation there can be no disappointment; but with very little expectation, there can be great surprise.

All I'm saying is that it would actually be in EA's best interest to not give all their secrets away so soon. I think that is what they are doing. These are not the most recent gameplay videos. I would not be surprised if those videos were taken 5-6 months ago.
The problem with this theory is that people say this every year. But in reality come retail version, the game looks exactly the same way it does in the April and May videos every year.

# 35 DorianDonP @ 04/04/12 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
The bashing of the EA NCAA developers should come to an immediate halt. It is evident that the developers have a keen insight and desire to take NCAA to that next level; however, they are limited as a result of marketing executives who have the final input concerning what is featured in the game. Any person above the age of 18 realizes the mindset of marketing so called experts who constantly deliberate in board meetings concerning what will sell a product, in which, the said individuals (executives) have no first had experience of. Yes, the developers are limited. They are limited by the execs and limited by this generations game engine. Furthermore, until an immediate competitor can break through EA's monopoly on college football as well as Madden, no immediate changes will take place in order to immediately garner the attention of the executives...$$$

"These things have been spoken, so that those who hear, might believe"
While I agree that they are likely limited by the EA highereups by what they are allowed to do, I disagree that it is evident that they have "keen insight."

I just don't know if I believe that these developers have keen insight into taking this game to the next level. Where is this evident?

The gameplay isn't the only thing lacking. Presentation. Commentary. Attention to detail. Dynasty depth. Recruiting depth. Even the proper use of the ESPN-license. It's all lacking.

And as much as I hate saying this, isn't it the dev who implemented this game engine?

I don't watch the developers and get the feeling that they have a keen insight into football, and have a deep desire to authenticate a football simulation game.

I do get the feeling that they want to make us happy, and want to make a fun game, and want to improve overall, but not to the point of rising past video game cliches and taking this brand to the next level.

Maybe they do. But I don't think anything about the last 7 years makes it 'evident'. I'm just kind of worn out by hoping and wishing for this game to match the other sports games.

I remember the first time I saw NCAA football on PS3 at walmart, and I thought "why are they running like that?". I didn't know at the time that the running animations wouldn't be fixed by the time I graduated college (I was in early HS at the time.)

Football is my favorite sport by far, but I spend way more time on other sports games. I'm tired of making excuses for why.

# 36 bigbob @ 04/04/12 08:57 PM
Was this a video of NCAA 10, 11 or 12?

Take a year or two off and build a new engine. That's the only way we're going to notice any kind of different and they won't do that until we go next-gen again.

# 37 rudyjuly2 @ 04/04/12 08:59 PM
The player movement still looks horrible. No weight and momentum. I will never pay full price for another EA football game again. Half price maybe. I can't see me ever loving a game this generation with the people they have in charge. Their vision does not match mine at all.

# 38 roadman @ 04/04/12 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The player movement still looks horrible. No weight and momentum. I will never pay full price for another EA football game again. Half price maybe. I can't see me ever loving a game this generation with the people they have in charge. Their vision does not match mine at all.
I do agree with this sentiment, but, I am willing to see what Cam Weber brings to the table. So far, he has doubled both game play teams and commentary on both ends looks like it's going in a new direction.

If the game play can only match the improvements being made to commentary.......I'm not holding my breath, though.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect game play to make a big huge turnaround where everyone is happy.

# 39 ucas005 @ 04/04/12 09:40 PM
Gameplay looks exactly the same. The sack animation looks brutal. 300lb Dline turning on a dime with his head down. EA marketing hype machine getting ready for lift off. How many off us are going to bite and be suckered into another terrible year of NCAA football?

# 40 SageInfinite @ 04/04/12 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
I love OS when it comes to football games. Sane people become irrational. We havent even seen real gameplay footage. Just mashup clips that you guys overreact to. Wowzers. How about we wait and atleast see the new feature set before we criticize.

Like I said before if it said 2k instead of EA people would be lauding over this game.
As many have stated before we've given them the benefit of the doubt only to be proven right in the end. It's hard for me personally to keep giving them the benefit of the doubt.

And 2k has nothing to do with this. When has anyone every looked to 2k for college football? Last time 2k made a college game it was terrible.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.