Home
News Post

First of all I wanna thank everyone who had a hand in this set that Knight has thanked before. Its been an honor to work with such a great set of editors. Also thanks to OS, in my opinion the greatest message board and sports gaming site on the web..bar none. Knight would have put this post up tonight had he not had an illness but lets be real... without him this set would not be possible...so cheers to you M.K!

Ok so whats included...

-corrections from ST version
-MLB lineups/rotations should be accurate as of opening day
-AAA lineups rotations as close as possible..minors cant be perfect due to lower level prospects
-transactions up to today
-updated transactions
-we tried to get as many requests from you guys in as possible

Again thanks to everyone and Enjoy!

Vault under PSN Ridindwnkingsley OSFM Opening day25 man roster version (Hustlinowl) http://www.sendspace.com/file/hpb5vu

V1.5 Also in the vault
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ty9a4
-AAA and AA more accurate including career minor leaguers with mlb service time given service time..so no promotions and then rookie status
-tons of fixes to the original OD set
- transactions accurate to current day
- ratings tweaks to any Low rated scea player..no big stars most are low depth chart guys rated way off
- SCEA caps imported from roster updates only if a decent version...some appearances then tweaked (Darvish, Cespedes etc)
-25 man rosters
- remember this roster will be missing a chunk of the lower level prospects in order to add the AAA and AA guys

This is mainly for guys who like playing with accurate minor leagues

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ARoid1313 @ 04/12/12 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Stick
its the rules aint it...you cant trade a signed free agent until after june 15 or something like that
thanks for the response
i thought it was something like that, got confused cause it still lets u do it with 30 team control.

# 102 ebarws6 @ 04/12/12 03:36 AM
I was just cruising through the A's minors and I noticed that Joel Galarraga, who is a catcher for AAA Sacramento is missing from the roster file. Could he perhaps be added to the next update? This would mean one of the other catchers would have to be deleted, no?

I understand the space restrictions so I leave these decisions to your discretion.

EDIT: There are also some AA players missing, but once again space is limited so not much to do about it.

# 103 dbacks_Nation @ 04/12/12 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido247
And the Giants placed Brian Wilson on waivers, Angels placed Jose Valverde on waivers, Cubs placed Matt Garza on waivers, and more big names as well...

Hundreds of players are placed on waivers, not unusual.

# 104 RidinDwnKingsley @ 04/12/12 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarws6
I was just cruising through the A's minors and I noticed that Joel Galarraga, who is a catcher for AAA Sacramento is missing from the roster file. Could he perhaps be added to the next update? This would mean one of the other catchers would have to be deleted, no?

I understand the space restrictions so I leave these decisions to your discretion.

EDIT: There are also some AA players missing, but once again space is limited so not much to do about it.
There are gonna be Triple A and AA players missing due to everyone wanting all the top prospects in the game..remember we only have 2 real levels of minor leagues along with the A ball filler...

# 105 ebarws6 @ 04/12/12 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
There are gonna be Triple A and AA players missing due to everyone wanting all the top prospects in the game..remember we only have 2 real levels of minor leagues along with the A ball filler...
Understood. If only we had enough disc space to have more than 90 on every club

# 106 MultiThreat @ 04/12/12 07:48 AM
Just for some info, I did a quick franchise check and noticed that lineups weren't sticking in my franchise after downloading Hustlin Owl's 25-man rosters from the vault. I checked over all of the 40-man rosters an found that the Seattle Mariners contained only 23 players, while the other 29 teams were all correct.

I assume the CPU was filling the opening day roster spots after spring training, even though I technically told it "not to" by controlling all 30 teams. With the default Hustlin Owl rosters (04-11), Seattle calls up and starts Chih-Hsien Chiang in CF over Michael Saunders and does some minor lineup shuffling.

The two players missing are 3B Alex Liddi and SP Erasmo Ramierez.

This is nothing earth-shattering, but it is something I noticed. Thank you to Knight, Ridin, strut24, HustlinOwl, and all the others who absolutely take this game to the next level for me and so many others.

# 107 ovm807 @ 04/12/12 08:17 AM
Big thanks to Knight, Ridin and all that worked so hard on these rosters.

Can someone explain the free agent 3 trick. I've searched and come up with nothing. I see it mentioned a few times but I have no idea what it is.

Also, has anyone heard about an upcoming patch, I'd hate to have to start over so i'm going to wait for the patch.

Again, great job by everyone involved, you make a great game so much better.

# 108 Totte @ 04/12/12 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovm807
Can someone explain the free agent 3 trick. I've searched and come up with nothing. I see it mentioned a few times but I have no idea what it is.
It's used to increase the dollar values and years on contracts for SCEA players.

"Change contracts:

This is OUTSIDE of franchise....in the edit roster portion...
Copy the players current attribute ratings. All of them.
Jack all of the up to 99(everything)
Now go to ROSTER CONTROL and swap him to the FA3
list. IT HAS TO BE FREE AGENT 3.
Now back to the team
Fix the rotation....back out and go back to edit ....and see what it is. It will randomize years....
and be big money (to match his ratings)
Do the swap until you are happy with years/$$
Edit him back to his real ratings."

# 109 Chai2112 @ 04/12/12 08:27 AM
Hate cluttering up posts with thank you notes, but I must. THANKS to Knight & Co. as always for all your hard work. Your roster has kept MLB The Show as the one and only video game I play every year. And thanks to Hustlin for the 25 man roster set. Away on vacation but can't wait to get home on Sunday and start my franchise!

# 110 Totte @ 04/12/12 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
Away on vacation but can't wait to get home on Sunday and start my franchise!
This is a great example for Knight and the crew on how much appreciated the rosters are. You're on vacation and you can't wait to get back home to your everyday life just to be able to fire up your ps3 and play a game with these rosters. I myself can't wait to get home from work today and put the kids (and wife!) to bed so that I can play for hours. If I were on vacation, I can guarantee I'd feel the exact same way that you are

# 111 PsychoBulk @ 04/12/12 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiThreat
Just for some info, I did a quick franchise check and noticed that lineups weren't sticking in my franchise after downloading Hustlin Owl's 25-man rosters from the vault. I checked over all of the 40-man rosters an found that the Seattle Mariners contained only 23 players, while the other 29 teams were all correct.

I assume the CPU was filling the opening day roster spots after spring training, even though I technically told it "not to" by controlling all 30 teams. With the default Hustlin Owl rosters (04-11), Seattle calls up and starts Chih-Hsien Chiang in CF over Michael Saunders and does some minor lineup shuffling.

The two players missing are 3B Alex Liddi and SP Erasmo Ramierez.

This is nothing earth-shattering, but it is something I noticed. Thank you to Knight, Ridin, strut24, HustlinOwl, and all the others who absolutely take this game to the next level for me and so many others.
To piggy back on this...

The Mariners issue aside, the rotations arent sticking, as soon as you advance to the regular season the CPU is changing the order as it sees fit, for example Beckett goes to no.1 for Bos, Lester down to no.3 etc.

Also for teams where only 4 starters are listed (around 4/5 i think) the CPU is doing some odd things, such as in Oakland Brian Fuentes is getting moved into the rotation and as the Opening Day starter no less! lol

Hustlin, any idea whats causing this/anything we can do to stop it jumbling all the perfectly set rotations?

I havent even checked the lineups, it may be jumbling them too, worth checking.

# 112 Frythatchicken @ 04/12/12 08:47 AM
Yes, I've added players to the 40 and I'm still coming up with the jumbling lineups...I experimented with yanks and after couple of games all goes crazy...wish we could just get a franchise file from hustlin with all the moves made and ready to stick...

That's the crazy thing, all this work on rosters and then this happens...it makes you spend so much time getting this that you use vital playing time on experimenting on how to get these to stick.

# 113 brian81371 @ 04/12/12 09:58 AM
These rosters are amazing!!!
Thank you too everyone who worked on them!

Does anybody know who I can release off Cleveland to put Damon, since I don't really follow the Cleveland Indians franchise??

And Deck McGuire still has an extra space in his name for the Toronto Blue Jays. Not a big deal at all... just for those who care.

Thanks again, really appreciate all your hard work.

# 114 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/12/12 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
It's used to increase the dollar values and years on contracts for SCEA players.

"Change contracts:

This is OUTSIDE of franchise....in the edit roster portion...
Copy the players current attribute ratings. All of them.
Jack all of the up to 99(everything)
Now go to ROSTER CONTROL and swap him to the FA3
list. IT HAS TO BE FREE AGENT 3.
Now back to the team
Fix the rotation....back out and go back to edit ....and see what it is. It will randomize years....
and be big money (to match his ratings)
Do the swap until you are happy with years/$$
Edit him back to his real ratings."

Does not have to max out to 99. The salary is relevant to the overall. The higher the overall the higher the salary. Plus MLB service time and age are factored in as well. I just edited a bunch of contracts to the ones that are way off. Testing now to make sure it doesn't break anything.

# 115 Totte @ 04/12/12 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian81371
Does anybody know who I can release off Cleveland to put Damon, since I don't really follow the Cleveland Indians franchise??
In general, I release the oldest guy of the 5 lowest rated players in the organisation.

# 116 Totte @ 04/12/12 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Testing now to make sure it doesn't break anything.
Please let us know how it all works out

# 117 bedwardsroy19 @ 04/12/12 10:27 AM
Quote:
In general, I release the oldest guy of the 5 lowest rated players in the organisation.
Personally I would drop Ryan Rohlinger, or Ben Copeland

# 118 mjsthebest @ 04/12/12 10:33 AM
apologize if this is stated somewhere, but were there any cosmetic updates (stance, pitching motions, accessories) made in the OSFM Opening Day roster released yesterday? I see there are a few other cosmetic threads in the roster forum but it seems to me they are all taking Knights rosters and adding to it.

# 119 Totte @ 04/12/12 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsthebest
apologize if this is stated somewhere, but were there any cosmetic updates (stance, pitching motions, accessories) made in the OSFM Opening Day roster released yesterday? I see there are a vew other cosmetic threads in the roster forum but it seems to me they are all taking Knights rosters and adding to it.
Knight and Ridin haven't said specifically which of the cosmetic adjustments that made the cut but I assume they've fixed so much stuff that the list became too long to post

# 120 mjsthebest @ 04/12/12 10:41 AM
Quote:
Knight and Ridin haven't said specifically which of the cosmetic adjustments that made the cut but I assume they've fixed so much stuff that the list became too long to post
Well that's good to hear. I was under the impression for some reason that no cosmetic edits were being made to the stock players in this version. I was holding out for RunAndShoots cosmetic edits but I don't know if they are going to add all of their edits to Owl's 25 man OSFM roster, and I really don't want to take more time than I have to making the lineups/rotations stick.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.