Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 features playbook kicks off on April 25th, with presentation and gameplay improvements.

Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history. Dont miss one feature announcement by following the Madden NFL 13 Feature Playbook, powered by GameStop.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Audio (May 14th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.

Gameplay Part 2 (June 4th)

A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

Madden Ultimate Team (July 9th)

Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.

Madden Social (TBA)

A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends - anytime, anywhere.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 unfriendlyghst @ 04/23/12 12:11 PM
CHOOOOOOO-CHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

# 2 poster @ 04/23/12 12:14 PM
I know it is marketing speak, but it seems they are going to do something different gameplay wise, at least different then NCAA 13. Wonder what it will be?

Hopefully the presentation keeps improving, I assume they spent a fair bit of time on that aspect. Disappointed to not see franchise highlighted in a playbook, but as long as Josh and Adam are still improving it...

# 3 RGiles36 @ 04/23/12 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenNFL13
- Gameplay Part 2
A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.
Check back June 4 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.
My interest is certainly peaked on what this could be. Although I was a community event attendee, there were some grumblings that we wouldn't see everything. I imagine this is part of that. It must be a big deal though; when I spoke to one of the devs, he joked that it would be a fireable offense if he let the cat out of the bag.

# 4 mm boost @ 04/23/12 12:50 PM
My assumption was right that they would drop one of these inbetween the NCAA playbooks, and is the reason the playbook 2 and 3 for NCAA were spread out 3 weeks apart.

can't wait for wednesday!!!!!!

# 5 LovejoyOTF @ 04/23/12 12:56 PM
got a scary underwhelming feeling that gameplay part 2 will be entirely kinect based.

# 6 roadman @ 04/23/12 12:56 PM
Wonders aloud if game play 2 is online franchise??

# 7 LovejoyOTF @ 04/23/12 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wonders aloud if game play 2 is online franchise??
i doubt it. it sounds more core gameplay orientated rather than feature.

i hope they've upgraded it to buggery this year though.

# 8 LBzrule @ 04/23/12 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
My interest is certainly peaked on what this could be. Although I was a community event attendee, there were some grumblings that we wouldn't see everything. I imagine this is part of that. It must be a big deal though; when I spoke to one of the devs, he joked that it would be a fireable offense if he let the cat out of the bag.
I wonder if it has something to do with Xbox Kinect. That would be my hunch. Anyways, I will be looking intently on Wednesday. This is the last season for Ray Lewis and possible for Ed Reed, I would like to have a football game that I actually enjoy the hell out of with them in it before they retire. This game does not have to be 2k5, but I hope it can give me the feeling I had every time I fired that game up to play, whether against the cpu, online league LFL or online lobby game. If it can reproduce that type of experience I'll be satisfied. I'll find out through Season Pass.

# 9 jpdavis82 @ 04/23/12 01:09 PM
I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think Kinect would be a "Monumental change in gameplay, that creates the most authentic football experience to date.''

Here's why, for people like me that don't have Kinect it doesn't change a thing.

# 10 CM Hooe @ 04/23/12 01:09 PM
I'm guessing the new unrevealed gameplay feature is Kinect-related as well. Frankly, I'd be tempted to try out the Kinect for vocal playcalling and line reads / audibles if such were implemented.

EDIT: another thing that'd be cool to do via Kinect is drawing up one's own passing plays in the dirt; maybe install this feature in tandem with a full-blown create-a-play, and allow created plays to be properly sorted in custom playbooks and gameplans? I'm musing aloud here, admittedly.

I am openly wondering what the "connected careers" feature is, and if it means that we ultimately will have a full-featured online franchise, which is my biggest want for this game by far.

# 11 LBzrule @ 04/23/12 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
got a scary underwhelming feeling that gameplay part 2 will be entirely kinect based.
Yep, me too.

# 12 illwill10 @ 04/23/12 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think Kinect would be a "Monumental change in gameplay, that creates the most authentic football experience to date.''

Here's why, for people like me that don't have Kinect it doesn't change a thing.
" blurring the line between virtual and reality."
Is why I believe it will be Kinect. I dont have Kinect and dont plan on it either.
I cant wait for Wed though, even though I have class all day

# 13 ch46647 @ 04/23/12 01:13 PM
Monumental change? That is some really strong words, I wonder what this could be. I am really hoping for an all new movement sytem. Could they POSSIBLY be going all out and adding a full fledged physics system to this game?

I doubt it, but time will tell.....

# 14 roadman @ 04/23/12 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
I hope you are wrong, but I have a feeling you are correct.

# 15 ch46647 @ 04/23/12 01:19 PM
If this "monumental" change has to do with Kinect this will be the first Madden I have not bought since 1989. If they neglect physics, player movement, running animations, OL/DL interaction, and WR/DB
interaction for some gimicky kinect feature then that is a COMPLETE joke. I would consider it a borderline spit in the face to fans of this series.

# 16 smarkel @ 04/23/12 01:40 PM
Main reason gameplay 2 is probably kinect is because it doesn't say anything else about kinect in the playbook. We know its in so that has to be what it is. Love to see new phisics though.

# 17 NikeBlitz @ 04/23/12 01:43 PM
Kinect is only for 360, what about PS3 gamers ? Not a smart move to advertise a feature as "the most authentic football experience to date" for a Kinect mode that no "hardcore" fans will use online or in franchise mode.

# 18 BezO @ 04/23/12 01:48 PM
Monumental? All new? Reinvented? I think I'd be more hopeful if they didn't try to make it sound so great. It just reminds me of every other year the marketing was better than the game.

If Gameplay #2 ends up being some Kinect BS...

# 19 PioneerRaptor @ 04/23/12 01:53 PM
Well in defence of the Madden Developer's, it was the EA Sports Franchise as a whole that said they would be featuring Kinect in all of their titles, starting with Tiger Woods PGA 13.

So the choice to feature Kinect wasn't on the Madden Dev's, unfortunately

# 20 jpdavis82 @ 04/23/12 01:56 PM
Unless the new Madden home page is wrong now, this can't be about Kinect only, unless it is planning on using PS Move now.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/features

It says the same thing whether you choose ps3 or xbox features

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.