Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 features playbook kicks off on April 25th, with presentation and gameplay improvements.

Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history. Dont miss one feature announcement by following the Madden NFL 13 Feature Playbook, powered by GameStop.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Audio (May 14th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.

Gameplay Part 2 (June 4th)

A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

Madden Ultimate Team (July 9th)

Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.

Madden Social (TBA)

A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends - anytime, anywhere.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jpdavis82 @ 04/23/12 05:04 PM
From EA's removed statement the other day

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.

# 62 Gronk4M13 @ 04/23/12 05:15 PM
Come on, I want to see Franchise improvements too. Hopefully that'l be included in Gameplay. Hopeful the Devs did improve the commentary. The more I think about it, the more I think that NBA 2k12 is a great example for future sports games.

# 63 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/12 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I approve of all these faces Sage.

Anyway I enjoy speculation, keep it going.
LOL Chase loves to see us suffering for now. He gets pleasure from that.

# 64 jWILL253 @ 04/23/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.
Ah, so it IS Kinect-related.

Sad face...

# 65 Phobia @ 04/23/12 05:24 PM
Who wouldn't want FIFA physics

# 66 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

LMFAO!! Yea that would be fun. Tons of glitches and guys running all over each. The guys running all over each other reminds me of the days when ambulance ran over players in Madden years ago. Plus I love the rag doll affect aswell. Can't get enough of that.

# 67 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/12 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I have diminished my hopes of FIFA's physics because it wasn't announced for NCAA 13 but that doesn't completely rule it out. However, looking at the Madden 12 playbook, it seems DPP was described in much the same way as this next "monumental" change.

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/feature-playbook

Also, if people take a look at the way FIFA 11's version of "DPP" advanced in FIFA 12, DPP 2.0 in Madden 13 could be a big f'n deal. lol. Especially given the issues in M12 with AI players not performing as well as User controlled players and User controlled players being able override inherent player limitations.

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-...-intelligence/

All that said, I just read a Sports Illustrated article about the "real swing" achieved in EA's Tiger Woods PGA golf game using Kinect and I presume PS3 Move too. I am not against them introducing some aspect of that into Madden with throwing, catching, ball carrying and tackling but I doubt that they are pushing that as a major feature, considering Kinect and Move are not standard console equipment most people have.
Don't care about Kinect and never will get one or use it. Waste of time for me. If it is been advertise as a big feature. Then people will be very upset about it. Most people around here could careless about kinect and all. There is more important things that need to be put above the kinect feature when it comes to madden. I'm really hoping that has nothing to do with gameplay part2. If so then it is a hugh downer for me.

# 68 johnnyg713 @ 04/23/12 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

is this sarcasm? or is this really what u found lol. I can't tell if your being serious

# 69 ChaseB @ 04/23/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
LOL Chase loves to see us suffering for now. He gets pleasure from that.
It's fun being on this side of things for this portion. (I'm sure the negatives of it come later.)

# 70 SageInfinite @ 04/23/12 06:12 PM
Quote:
It's fun being on this side of things for this portion. (I'm sure the negatives of it come later.)
Has anyone in the thread even come close to being right?

# 71 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
Haha! Ya I know. Enjoy it. Neg. part of it will be coming soon enough. You know that will happen around here. Happen every year.

# 72 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/12 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
is this sarcasm? or is this really what u found lol. I can't tell if your being serious
Trust me bro. He is telling you the truth. The info was put up on EA website by accident the other day and then taken down. All this info he gave you is legit.

# 73 DUDERMAN @ 04/23/12 06:45 PM
Quote:
Madden 13 could be a big f'n deal.
I see what you did there

# 74 Boling4Humor @ 04/23/12 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

Looks better than what Madden currently has to me.

# 75 Nza @ 04/23/12 06:50 PM
soooo...... no franchise mode improvements?

Was kind of expecting them to drop the ball there after getting some momentum last year. EA for the life of them can simply not seem to stick to a multi year plan. They just keep seeming to reinvent the same stuff over and over. I'm beginning to think it is deliberate.

# 76 jbd345 @ 04/23/12 06:53 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up for CBS to be in the game, but they put "world class" in the press release. If EA can make a game look as good as it sounds on paper I'll be impressed, but we hear the same a thing around this time every year. People seem to forget that.

# 77 djordan @ 04/23/12 06:56 PM
Why am I getting excited about this? Why? Why do I do this to myself each year? I played a total of 2 games of Madden 12 and just told my friend I won't be purchasing Madden 13 but then I'm excited about the details of a freakin playbook. I tell you what, if they improve the tackling animations and player movement 10X I may...Just may change my tune. We will see...

# 78 Broncos86 @ 04/23/12 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
soooo...... no franchise mode improvements?

Was kind of expecting them to drop the ball there after getting some momentum last year. EA for the life of them can simply not seem to stick to a multi year plan. They just keep seeming to reinvent the same stuff over and over. I'm beginning to think it is deliberate.
Assumptions aren't wise.

# 79 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
To change gears a little bit, I am surprised more posters haven't speculated on the new presentation stuff.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Last year, they specifically touted working with CBS and NFL films, among others, to achieve an authentic broadcast feel.

"One of the things I think Madden fans will be most excited about is our broadcast presentation. Our mantra was “Go to the experts.” You don’t want a game developer’s version of an NFL broadcast, you want the real deal. We studied with multiple CBS football directors by having the entire presentation team studying inside the truck with unlimited access.We even got input from our own Hall of Fame broadcaster and namesake John Madden. Highlights include real broadcast camera locations for every stadium, all new stadium exteriors (seen more than 10 times per game on SNF), virtual cameras, virtual director logic, and new broadcast graphics designed by the geniuses behind MNF, SNF, and ESPN’s Sports Center."http://mymaddenpad.com/2011/04/28/ma...des-to-madden/

Going back and reading that, it seems a lot of things they worked on, didn't make it into M12 but will be in M13. We could be in-store for something along these lines, http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042748937, or maybe something even more spectacular if they have finally resolved the alleged issue with using real network branding in-game. CBS has already been used in NCAA basketball 10, everyone knows about EA's contract with ESPN which should encompass MNF and the NFL network should attached to the NFL exclusive. It's a long shot but making use of various real life network branding and presentation graphics would certainly be "world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel", as well as not unheard of in an EA sports title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NEn6Yo3vO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWlAnYRp0bY

Man, Wednesday April 25th will be interesting. lol
Agreed bro. Hoping Broadcast is out of this world this year. I'm not going to my hopes up to much. But hoping we will finally be seeing some real TV style broadcasting like CBS or ESPN or something like that. I know it a long shot. But better then nothing I guess.

# 80 Nza @ 04/23/12 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Well, forgive me if I am skeptical, as I feel as though I have read these same marketing blurbs many times.

these lines alone: Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history.--

-I just do not believe. They will have to prove that to me before I give them any more of my money
Well, technically a "pixel" as a source is a 2d image only. The elements that make up a 3D object are "voxels" So this is really more about UI's than in-game visuals.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.