Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 features playbook kicks off on April 25th, with presentation and gameplay improvements.

Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history. Dont miss one feature announcement by following the Madden NFL 13 Feature Playbook, powered by GameStop.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Audio (May 14th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.

Gameplay Part 2 (June 4th)

A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

Madden Ultimate Team (July 9th)

Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.

Madden Social (TBA)

A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends - anytime, anywhere.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 StormsWarning @ 04/23/12 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
Have not bought Madden since Vickmeister graced the cover in 04'. It appears EA is giving me yet again another reason to keep the "streak alive" if they implement some "kinect" foolishness to gameplay. This would really BLOW being that I was looking to end the "streak" just to play with RGIII and those SKINS...but oh well...SMH

Looks as if the NFL draft will only be the consistent thing coming out this week with regards to football in America, cause EA definitely ain't!
so true, one can hold out hope though.

# 102 BlueNGold @ 04/24/12 12:54 AM
We are getting more franchise upgrades this year, right?

# 103 Cnada @ 04/24/12 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
We are getting more franchise upgrades this year, right?
Yes but unlikely to be 'Huge' like last year

# 104 oneamongthefence @ 04/24/12 02:05 AM
The only Kinect or Move integration I could really care about would be adding something like gameface or being able to upload a picture of myself into the game.

I am excited. I enjoyed 12 so any improvement I'll take.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

# 105 BlueNGold @ 04/24/12 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
Yes but unlikely to be 'Huge' like last year
That's fine with me so long as they've finally added CPU trades and things like that.

# 106 LetThatBoyCook @ 04/24/12 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
That's fine with me so long as they've finally added CPU trades and things like that.
Just give us the little things.

# 107 ggsimmonds @ 04/24/12 02:45 AM
I have a fear that connected careers may be some dumb social media gimmick.

# 108 mestevo @ 04/24/12 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I have a fear that connected careers may be some dumb social media gimmick.
I don't see how anyone could make that assumption unless you're going to be able tweet as Madden, Gibbs, Sanders, or LT with the preorder bonuses.

They've clearly done something to bring the modes under one umbrella, either multiple modes in a season, online access to all the modes, etc. will be interesting to see what they've come up,with.

Just being able to post your score to Facebook? Unlikely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 109 Ueauvan @ 04/24/12 05:22 AM
things i dont want it to be or include ...

kinect, when i bought my 2nd xbox i specifically went for the non kinect version, if i knew how and could throw like an nfl qb then id be one. let the wii be the place to wiggle and sweat. vocal instructions sucks as an idea. dont think it will be kinect cos ps3 and the majority of xbox arent connect

social media, i dont know what its like in the states but twitter/facebook are having issue in uk with the law let alone personal privacy. sony and account security for 10 Bob ...

online franchise, sorry never attracted me.

worried no mention of franchise. what i do want is real physics and as close to reality play as possible. psychic dbs, super lbs, no edge pressure, ol/dl interaction etc.

ideally imagine madden to include elements from hc06/09, ncaa and then flavour with presentation. as for cameras, pretty please when you are playing a superstar or a defender in franchise to face up to the opposition. moving stick down and trying to hit stick up at the same time does my limited aged body no good. also the ss camera, can i have somewhere between standard and zoomed, i want to see oline and lbs and angle of view but not so far away i need a set of binos !!!

and trade logic, if i want to trade 3 1s this year for a 1 next, someone would take that deal? seems not in 2012 and that doesnt make sense.

# 110 STLRams @ 04/24/12 08:12 AM
Once again this year, I will just hope to finally see a true halftime show with highlights,stats and commentary - and a end of the game highlight show, and a full fledge haltime show during season and franchise mode that also shows highlights,stats of other games going on around the league, I heard its been done before so its nothing new.....

# 111 Dazraz @ 04/24/12 09:00 AM
This is a bold list of features, even for EA. If they deliver what they promise we could have something special. I'm interpreting 'Connected Careers' as the ability to continue your career on future versions of the game. This is something many gamers have been wanting.

# 112 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 04/24/12 10:02 AM
The most logical conclusion is Madden adding in some new type of physics engine and NCAA borrowing it next year for their iteration of NCAA 14 and miserably failing at it, just as with Pro Tak...

Just my $0.02...

# 113 poster @ 04/24/12 10:45 AM
I think Big FN may be correct that it is advancement of DPP, which would be ok with me considering they usually scrap features in later years instead of building on them. It has potential to be very good if they keep building onto it.

Regarding tomorrow, I really home they will start to immerse us in presentation. All EA Sports games are plain boring and do nothing to draw you into the sport you love, especially in the single player franchise area.

Most or all of us want some type of broadcast presentation. It doesn't matter if they copy a certain network or do their own EASN style from back in the day which was awesome, just have the elements that are present when we watch the sport on tv. They could set trends with player intro's, graphical stat and player overlays, but they always take the half baked route. This has to be improved this year, it's been way too long dealing with the same sub par presentation.

Hopefully we see full team starting lineup introductions. In franchise, each game should have stats or information based on prior games or information for that specific season. Example would be displaying the O-Line intros. Have something saying line has allowed the most sacks in the NFL, or the LT not having allowed a sack thus far though Week 10, etc for all units on O & D. I would think this would be possible in the year 2012, but maybe I am wrong, as hard as it is for me to believe.

Also, having an around the league ticker showing at a consistent rate during games like we see on the current broadcasts. Showing scores, stats, etc. I don't even have to mention half time shows or weekly wrap up's, etc. That is what world class presentation entails. They shouldn't need wish lists, or others to tell them this. They should have the creative minds there to do this, especially with the NFL license. They should be doing things where the networks say, wow, we need to copy that for our broadcasts. Unfortunately, they have ignored presentation in all of their titles, an awful decision on their part.

# 114 matthawk @ 04/24/12 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenNFL13
Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history.
All-new? Every pixel? really!? Does anyone buy this line of marketing BS?

Quote:
With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.
All I can think of when reading this is 'Liquid AI".

# 115 kbmnm247 @ 04/24/12 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I don't see how anyone could make that assumption unless you're going to be able tweet as Madden, Gibbs, Sanders, or LT with the preorder bonuses.

They've clearly done something to bring the modes under one umbrella, either multiple modes in a season, online access to all the modes, etc. will be interesting to see what they've come up,with.

Just being able to post your score to Facebook? Unlikely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
from the madden website

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.

# 116 mestevo @ 04/24/12 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
from the madden website

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.
And? That describes a lot more than 'just some social gimmick'

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 117 FreAk47 @ 04/24/12 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
I'd like to think that most of us rolled our eyes at the overly "fantastical" description of Madden that EA tries to feed us every year. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your work, but describing it as the 2nd coming is standard EA fare that I'm pretty sure we are all very well aware of right now.
Exactly, do I want it to be true? Yes, do I think it's going to be true? Not at all...

I read through the Madden 12 feature list that someone posted and it's like the exact same thing...a bunch of things that were over dramatized and ended up to be hardly noticeable in the game. That "All new collision system" they yacked about last year...pffffff.

No physics, no peace.

# 118 josephid @ 04/24/12 12:53 PM
They spend so much time on intros or cut scenes that I skip. Can we just get a save option for anytime in the game. Also, a user camera option. Last, how about a user, button configuration, controller option.

# 119 Bulls321974 @ 04/24/12 12:53 PM
Why don't I believe these announcements as much as I probably should? Maybe because it has been like that pretty much every year since the game was available for next-gen consoles?

# 120 Phobia @ 04/24/12 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ok, I am about to throw a wild idea out about "connected career modes". lol

What if they are allowing gamers to exchange team based stats, accolades, scores and whatnot, from each others career modes?

Meaning, for example if 32 different people each have a separate offline franchise controlling different teams, they can replace any simulated CPU vs CPU game in their franchise with a CPU vs HUM or HUM vs HUM game in someone else's franchise, through the internet. Whenever the two teams each is controlling meet on the schedule, each could choose to not to replace that game or maybe actually play each other if they want, like with the old Live Opponent feature from M07.

Presumably they could do the same thing with superstar mode and online franchise too.

So someone completely not interested in playing a full online franchise and scheduling games could essentially still enjoy a more robust connected franchise experience.

I hope people understand what the heck I am talking about, I really went off the speculating deep end with this one. lol
I understand completely what you are saying and think that would be a "so so" feature.

1) Having some guy on my friends list who plays on rookie and likes beating the CPU 107 to 14, I for sure don't want to see this cats scores & stats in my franchise!

2) This is just more stuff to not work correctly and bring in a whole other wirl wind of issues. If they can't make regular ol franchise work correctly they sure as hell would "F" this up. Fix & Tune regular offline franchise where it works as intended & all bugs removed THEN think about these kind of grand ideas.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.