Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 features playbook kicks off on April 25th, with presentation and gameplay improvements.

Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history. Dont miss one feature announcement by following the Madden NFL 13 Feature Playbook, powered by GameStop.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Audio (May 14th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.

Gameplay Part 2 (June 4th)

A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

Madden Ultimate Team (July 9th)

Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.

Madden Social (TBA)

A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends - anytime, anywhere.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 jeremym480 @ 04/24/12 09:23 PM
I'm actually a big fan of Madden, but if Online Franchise gets the shaft again this year, I swear that I'm done with the series.

Well, at least until OF is implemented in it's entirety.

# 142 RynoAid @ 04/24/12 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm actually a big fan of Madden, but if Online Franchise gets the shaft again this year, I swear that I'm done with the series.

Well, at least until OF is implemented in it's entirety.
I feel your pain. It's been a difficult to swallow the neglect to this game mode.

# 143 RynoAid @ 04/24/12 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
THIS^^^^^^^^ :banghead:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
duet at Applebees in two weeks?

# 144 tfctillidie @ 04/24/12 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
from the madden website

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.

Ew. That doesn't sound appealing at all. I was hoping Connected Careers meant something like Online mode for Superstar or something cool.

# 145 Danimal @ 04/24/12 10:11 PM
Quote:
They did it for ncaa this year.

You're saying they used NCAA 11 to show off things in the webcast? If so how do you know this? Please explain to me how you know this as a fact like you just stated it.

Thanks

# 146 Danimal @ 04/24/12 10:57 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they stated it in the broadcast. It was all through the playbook thread here. Like people freaking out about the notre dame helmets.

Look I am not trying to bust your chops but being pretty sure and your original statement which makes it appear fact are two different animals. I watched that first webcast I don't recall them saying anything about it being in 12 but I could of missed it that's not really my point.

Everyone knows you were at CD and have insider information. So when you comment on things like you did in the original message and they appear factual when they are not, well I think you can see the issues it could cause.

I don't want to belabor the point I hope you understand what I am saying. Starting tomorrow this place is going to be hard enough to control.

If you have any questions with what I am getting at here feel free to Pm me.

Thanks and can't wait to hear what you have to say when you can talk about stuff.

# 147 acelang123 @ 04/24/12 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
Phil Simms and Jim Nantz is going to be interesting. Sims is just as annoying as Chris Collinsworth in real life can only imagine how that is going to relate to the video game world. Can't be any worse than Gus Johnson though.....

Hold on......you have CBS announcers that don't call anything but AFC games, with ESPN/ABC licensing. Wouldn't it make more sense to get Tirico, Chucky and The Ole QB. The only words that Nantz can say are Brady and Belicheck, it would sound weird if he was yelling Stafford to Johnson.

# 148 LBzrule @ 04/24/12 11:11 PM
Quote:
Ok I misread that, no they are not using "NCAA 12" to show you points... They are using ncaa 13 but you aren't seeing the complete package, its most certainly not a finished product showing every new.detail or.point.
That was in response to the second part of his question about seeing the finished product so to speak.

Ohhh I know it is not a finished package, but I also know you cannot add anything like a physics engine in with limited time. I know you cannot do double team blocking in limited time either. So if guys don't see this tomorrow, chances are they aint gonna see it.

# 149 Ian_Cummings @ 04/24/12 11:57 PM
Super curious to see some real details.

I sure like that nothing really sounds gimmicky...

# 150 Ian_Cummings @ 04/25/12 12:21 AM
Quote:
Glad to see you back in your old stomping grounds bro. You gotta come out and have a beer next community event.

I totally would have! No invite though. Tell Dewiel I'll even sign the stupid NDA!

# 151 at23steelers @ 04/25/12 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings

What was your favorite feature when you were there?? Any features you were forced to sell hard that you knew were gimmicky, and reluctant to do it??

Anyways, Im excited too. Hoping they can continue on this upward trend.

# 152 huskerwr38 @ 04/25/12 12:33 AM
Quote:

Hey good to see you around here. What are you most excited to see?

# 153 djordan @ 04/25/12 08:39 AM
Today is the day!

# 154 roadman @ 04/25/12 08:46 AM
Quote:

Good to see you, again.

Get ready for the popcorn.

I'm really excited about seeing the presentation. The game play will be a repeat from the NCAA side.

Comments should be interesting.

I have a feeling they will be very similar to NCAA's side.

# 155 poster @ 04/25/12 08:58 AM
Is it certain to start at 1 PM EST or 2 PM EST? I don't see any times listed anywhere. NCAA was at 2 PM EST, hoping the same for the Madden playbook.

Hoping there will be additions to the NCAA gameplay, we'll see. Tackling in its current state is awful, hopefully it has been worked on!

# 156 ch46647 @ 04/25/12 08:59 AM
I am hoping to atleast see a little more added then what NCAA got. Madden is there main football title. I am really hoping to atleast see the FIFA jostling system added for WR/DB interaction. That would make me happy.

# 157 djordan @ 04/25/12 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good to see you, again.

Get ready for the popcorn.

I'm really excited about seeing the presentation. The game play will be a repeat from the NCAA side.

Comments should be interesting.

I have a feeling they will be very similar to NCAA's side.
I hope not man... seems like patches.

# 158 roadman @ 04/25/12 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I hope not man... seems like patches.
I hear you DJ, but I think June 4th will be the game play reveal. I read Read n React and it sounds like NCAA from last week.

We'll see.

# 159 chi_hawks @ 04/25/12 09:13 AM
Quote:

Ya know...if you would have hung around EA a little while longer who knows how amazing this game could be right about meow

# 160 djordan @ 04/25/12 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I hear you DJ, but I think June 4th will be the game play reveal. I read Read n React and it sounds like NCAA from last week.

We'll see.
I thought today would reveal the gameplay? To be honest my top priority is for realistic tackling and non of the robotic quick animation tackling. Like you said, we will see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.