Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

OS' man-in-charge Steve Noah was able to get some hands-on time with Madden 13. Here are his initial impressions on the gameplay information released today.

Read More: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ABR173rd @ 04/26/12 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Definitely saw no double team blocking engagements on passing plays. Looks like what they have currently isn't capable.
You have to watch CRM- definitely not subjective (sarcasm) when it comes to Madden. It was made pretty clear that they are tweaking/tuning O-line/D-line interactions not overhauling it. We will not be seeing any double teams in this Gen....

# 62 tril @ 04/26/12 08:18 PM
There's a huge difference between Impressions and a Features list.

queation people want to know is does it feel like the same old Madden, did the game make a huge leap forward in the areas mentioned. was the feature that you listed enjoyable?

# 63 timisone @ 04/28/12 02:08 PM
I am seeing all these changes. Are they ever going to be a the same level of 2k5 on realism. I buy Madden every year hoping it will be good and ever year by christmas I have put it away. Last year there big change was the ebay free agents, which was terrible in my opinion. I still think they are catching up to the last madden that was on ps2 and xbox. Can we start a kickstart football game and i will be the first to put my money into that instead of wasting it on madden. I usually just let this stuff go, but I am tired of just having the choice of one football game. Maybe ps vita can have something different. I would buy ps vita just for that. I can see why they were voted the worst company. How can they have a great soccer and hockey game but miss on Madden every year? End rant.

# 64 timisone @ 04/28/12 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
I am seeing all these changes. Are they ever going to be a the same level of 2k5 on realism. I buy Madden every year hoping it will be good and ever year by christmas I have put it away. Last year there big change was the ebay free agents, which was terrible in my opinion. I still think they are catching up to the last madden that was on ps2 and xbox. Can we start a kickstart football game and i will be the first to put my money into that instead of wasting it on madden. I usually just let this stuff go, but I am tired of just having the choice of one football game. Maybe ps vita can have something different. I would buy ps vita just for that. I can see why they were voted the worst company. How can they have a great soccer and hockey game but miss on Madden every year? End rant.
I meant to say can't

# 65 timisone @ 04/28/12 02:18 PM
Also what are we comparing madden to? Last year's version? Of course its going to be better. Doesn't mean its going be a good game. I am tired of spending my hard earn money on Madden just because it is the only game out there. I wish they didn't have the NFL license. Why can't EA just admit failure like they did with NBA live and stop making a game until it ready? Oh I forgot they are the only one making a football game. No Madden for me this year, Not unless it is 100 times better which I doubt.

# 66 timisone @ 04/28/12 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
Yeah the "new" feature lead passing is back......
Maybe they will bring back cone passing too!!!!!

# 67 Evan_OS @ 04/28/12 04:41 PM
Am I the only who isn't big on the buttons popping up for WR's when they're looking and hiding when they are not? In this day in age people nano blitz, and when they do this button hiding stuff is only going to make it more difficult to get a pass off.

Can't really say it's more realistic either, in the NFL QB's are not handcuffed to where they can and can not throw the ball. They can throw wherever they want whenever they want. Coach might not want you to throw to A or Triangle, but you should still be capable of doing it.

Maybe it'll be good, but so far I like it all except for the WR button change.

# 68 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 04/28/12 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Am I the only who isn't big on the buttons popping up for WR's when they're looking and hiding when they are not? In this day in age people nano blitz, and when they do this button hiding stuff is only going to make it more difficult to get a pass off.

Can't really say it's more realistic either, in the NFL QB's are not handcuffed to where they can and can not throw the ball. They can throw wherever they want whenever they want. Coach might not want you to throw to A or Triangle, but you should still be capable of doing it.

Maybe it'll be good, but so far I like it all except for the WR button change.
You can still throw the ball to them if they aren't looking. They just won't catch it unless you switch to them and user catch it. And in the video, they said that if a player blitzes, the guy that he leaves will have his button pop up like it's a hot read.

# 69 Evan_OS @ 04/28/12 06:22 PM
Well I guess I totally missed the part of you can still throw it to him. Thanks for the clarification guys, hope you can kind of see where I was sort of coming from on that. Anyway, I guess I like all the features and gameplay they have shown so far.

# 70 raidertiger @ 04/28/12 06:54 PM
I think awareness should tie into the buttons popping up. Peyton Manning can instantly see a receiver open or can anticipate him being open, but someone like Tarvaris Jackson may have to wait a moment to read the coverage right.

# 71 raguel @ 04/28/12 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
I think awareness should tie into the buttons popping up. Peyton Manning can instantly see a receiver open or can anticipate him being open, but someone like Tarvaris Jackson may have to wait a moment to read the coverage right.
It's not based on being open, just on when in the route the receiver is anticipating the ball.

# 72 timisone @ 04/28/12 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I am always in favor of people stating whatever they want and expressing their opinion but C'mon man. lol

You honestly believe their "big" change for M12 was the Ebay style free agent system? If so, then I have to wonder how much you actually are aware of about Madden 12.
Maybe i went a little overboard. Just tired of bad releases of Madden.

# 73 niggarachi @ 04/29/12 12:57 AM
Can anyone comment on how using the L stick in the passing game feels different in this years madden as opposed to previous maddens?

# 74 raguel @ 04/29/12 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niggarachi
Can anyone comment on how using the L stick in the passing game feels different in this years madden as opposed to previous maddens?
I don't know, but I'm hoping that unlike last year it's not as sensitive in the sense that one won't be able to overthrow the receiver by 20+ yds using it.

# 75 TDKing @ 04/29/12 11:31 AM
I understand how the light up icons work, BUT I still don't like it. I like the concept, but not the icons lighting up. Let me word it as a question. On Sundays (irl) how does a QB know when to throw the ball to a receiver ? Now do you see what i'm saying ? Its cheap and for the casuals. Bottom line it should be an option !!! or only work in rookie mode. Same goes for the QB auto drop back!!! (yeah yeah I know I can still do it myself ) It should be an option "Auto Drop ON/OFF", "Icon Lights Up ON/OFF". What happened to giving the users options ? I don't need the devs to teach me about timing and how to play the game.
Two things will make my decision on a purchase. Is ONLINE Franchise a completed mode and playing the demo.

# 76 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/29/12 11:53 AM
I guess I like the icon feature but an option 2 have it on/off would be nice because Im looking all over the field on passing pass and I can generally tell if a player can see or cant see the ball

# 77 Jarodd21 @ 04/29/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I understand how the light up icons work, BUT I still don't like it. I like the concept, but not the icons lighting up. Let me word it as a question. On Sundays (irl) how does a QB know when to throw the ball to a receiver ? Now do you see what i'm saying ? Its cheap and for the casuals. Bottom line it should be an option !!! or only work in rookie mode. Same goes for the QB auto drop back!!! (yeah yeah I know I can still do it myself ) It should be an option "Auto Drop ON/OFF", "Icon Lights Up ON/OFF". What happened to giving the users options ? I don't need the devs to teach me about timing and how to play the game.
Two things will make my decision on a purchase. Is ONLINE Franchise a completed mode and playing the demo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I guess I like the icon feature but an option 2 have it on/off would be nice because Im looking all over the field on passing pass and I can generally tell if a player can see or cant see the ball
I would be highly upset if there isn't an option to turn this feature off. I do not need any help locating an open WR. It would be a good tool for guys who need help reading coverages but it definitely should be an option.

# 78 Jarodd21 @ 04/29/12 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
It's not just about "seeing when the receiver is open" and its certainly not a "band aid". This is actually a VERY realistic feature.

For a site full of people that supposedly wants realism I'm a little confused. This eliminates SO MUCH garbage ball. Use the real NFL for instance and the wheel route. If you call a play with a wheel route, the receiver isn't looking for the ball at the snap. The receiver is focusing on selling his cut to the outside then breaking upfield before actually turning his head to look for the ball. In past Madden editions you could snap and quick throw to the guy and he would magically catch it. This eliminates that. It also pretty much eliminates most every streak route quick throw in the seam that garbage balls use.

Yeah you can still throw the ball, but I don't see too many people being able to change to the wr that quick and getting the receivers head around like that.

This feature adds so much to the game its not even funny. It FORCES you to play football and use FOOTBALL STRATEGY. That is a good thing. The only people that are gonna he upset are the ones that play glitchball stuff.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Glitchball?? LMAO! Sorry I don't fit that category. I play the game correctly. I don't need to play cheap nor do I need any assitance to make decisions with the ball when a WR becomes open. Like I said they can leave that option for the CASUAL players who need help with there decisions and timing on passes. Its definitely a great feature to help guys get better at the game. I don't need any help with my decisions or timing on passes. If my timing is off I should pay for it with a bad throw. That's REAL STRATEGY..

# 79 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/29/12 05:47 PM
Yeah I just want the option 2 have on/OFF

also the last three post come from people who cant stand the other person's team

# 80 Jarodd21 @ 04/29/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
To try and be a peacemaker, I think there is some confusion on what people are asking for an "option" about. I believe they are asking for an option to turn off the visual indicator of the icon "lighting up" when the receiver is expecting the pass, not to turn off the actual tech/feature of having the receiver realistically expecting the ball.

I think most people agree the actual feature is realistic and a good addition but they just want the visual aid optional.
Exactly.. He was definitely confused with what I was saying. I just don't want the icon feature on during my games because I don't need any assitance with my timing on throws and locating an open WR. If I'm off with my timing I should pay for it with a bad throw. I don't want the WR to adjust and make unrealistic catches from passes that are not thrown on time like he was talking about. Then saying the only guys that will be upset are the ones who play glitchball..I didn't know it was considered glitchball for wanting to perfect the timing of passes without an icon flashes up to let me know when to throw the ball. Haha! I just want it to be an option because I definitely won't be using it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.