Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The Madden NFL 13 presentation team had some lofty goals this year.

World Class presentation was No. 1 on their list. Everything that has been done in the past has been taken to the next level, as the new broadcast team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms comes to life, making it look and sound as realistic as possible. The new Connected Careers mode (details coming June 4) wouldn’t be complete without them, keeping the presentation realistic.

Read More: Madden NFL 13 Presentation

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mcmax3000 @ 04/25/12 03:23 PM
Maybe if I played a game that had it incorporated, I'd feel differently but currently, I don't understand why so many people want them to include a halftime show.

It seems to me like something I'd watch maybe once or twice and then skip every game.

# 22 ODogg @ 04/25/12 03:25 PM
I agree, a halftime show would be fun about the first time or two and then I'd be skipping it. What would be fantastic though is if they had halftime shows in a dynasty where they showed clips of other important games from around the league. Now that would not be something people would skip and be a very worthwhile addition. But a show where they just show cheerleaders and players walking to the locker room and all that? Cool but not worth the effort IMO.

# 23 MUCHLUV69 @ 04/25/12 03:27 PM
Will there live out of town scoring banners during offline season play?. It would be cool to see scores of other games played at 1pm or 4pm (if my team is playing at that time)

# 24 jpdavis82 @ 04/25/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHLUV69
Will there live out of town scoring banners during offline season play?. It would be cool to see scores of other games played at 1pm or 4pm (if my team is playing at that time)
We haven't seen any franchise, or connected career game mode screens or video yet, so it's unknown as of now.

# 25 MUCHLUV69 @ 04/25/12 03:29 PM
SKIP THE HALFTIME SHOW!?!? Guess you never played NFL2K?? The PRIMETIME Halftime show was amazing!!

# 26 MUCHLUV69 @ 04/25/12 03:32 PM
if you want amazing presentation Madden just play NBA2k or MLB The Show series. To this day I am still playing NBA2k11 and The Show 10,

# 27 ubernoob @ 04/25/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHLUV69
SKIP THE HALFTIME SHOW!?!? Guess you never played NFL2K?? The PRIMETIME Halftime show was amazing!!
If by amazing you mean repetitive and boring.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 28 at23steelers @ 04/25/12 03:39 PM
http://www.newscaststudio.com/blog/w...6986b81165.jpg

They copy CBS about most things except the scoreboard. Look at this one and then compare it with the UGLY Madden 13 one.

# 29 TreyIM2 @ 04/25/12 03:40 PM
Speaking of presentation, they need to put the presentation vid on their site. The gameplay vid is the vid that plays for both the gameplay and presentation section. I missed the presentation portion of the webcast

# 30 22cedric @ 04/25/12 03:45 PM
I wish NCAA Football 13 had the commentators faces in the game like Madden NFL 13 is doing. Hopefully NCAA Football 14 will do that.

# 31 DUDERMAN @ 04/25/12 03:53 PM
Most every complaint I had with Madden 12 presentation seems to have been addressed. They exceeded my expectations big time. Love the new lighting system.

# 32 sportzbro @ 04/25/12 03:57 PM
Quote:
Color me disappointed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw
Welp, color me intrigued.
I really wish this line would die at OS.

Presentation sounds top-notch though.

# 33 chrome_305 @ 04/25/12 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
I wish NCAA Football 13 had the commentators faces in the game like Madden NFL 13 is doing. Hopefully NCAA Football 14 will do that.

Don't worry it seems like the only time you will see that cutscene is before the show and it a very quick cutscene. I hope the have a half time show and I also hope they talk about other teams and games around the league.

# 34 DJ @ 04/25/12 04:00 PM
Traded Madden 12 in yesterday (along with NHL) and picked up TW 13 CE. Nantz does a good job in the golf games, and I'm glad that he's been added to Madden, along with his commentary partner, Simms.

The audio was one of the main reasons I ditched M12. It was terrible, no other way to explain it.

I'm glad to hear that Nantz and Simms will comment on what's going on in your season, that should really help add to the immersion of Franchise Mode.

Graphically, this game is looking great. I agree with others that it is disappointing there's no screenshot option like in other games.

# 35 chrome_305 @ 04/25/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
Madden NFL 13 will feature a total control passing mechanic, where you lead receivers with the “L” stick. So, for example, you have a receiver split out wide, running a go-route against a cover 2. Just after the chuck, there is a small window of opportunity for you to throw a pass to the outside shoulder on the sidelines. You do this by timing it right, holding the “L” stick and pointing it towards the sidelines.
I like how they copied backbreaker football with the passing mechanic.That game did do passing right.

# 36 roadman @ 04/25/12 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_305
I like how they copied backbreaker football with the passing mechanic.That game did do passing right.
Actually, Madden has had the L stick as a passing mechanism recently. Only a small % used the left stick.

They just enhanced it and tuned it.

# 37 DJ @ 04/25/12 04:18 PM
Is the camera the same as NCAA? I wasn't a fan of Madden 12's camera; I thought it was pulled back a little too far.

# 38 aholbert32 @ 04/25/12 04:28 PM
I'll wait for the audio preview before I jump to a conclusion but I could care less about pregame presentation audio. My biggest issue with M12 was the dead air and repetitive statements from the commentators. I need to see more in-game commentary before I get happy.

# 39 ChaseB @ 04/25/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll wait for the audio preview before I jump to a conclusion but I could care less about pregame presentation audio. My biggest issue with M12 was the dead air and repetitive statements from the commentators. I need to see more in-game commentary before I get happy.
So you only sort of don't care?

# 40 TreyIM2 @ 04/25/12 04:44 PM
Watched the whole presentation part of the webcast replay - Nice. Still think Jim and Phil look silly but, again, very welcome addition to have the booth. The presentation definitely has CBS all over it. I guess they had to do something with that license since they only used it once for NCAA basketball.

I know the game could use a lot more work but I was disappointed to not hear anything about penalties being reworked and "authenticated". I still don't understand how that can be overlooked, again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.