Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The Madden NFL 13 presentation team had some lofty goals this year.

World Class presentation was No. 1 on their list. Everything that has been done in the past has been taken to the next level, as the new broadcast team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms comes to life, making it look and sound as realistic as possible. The new Connected Careers mode (details coming June 4) wouldn’t be complete without them, keeping the presentation realistic.

Read More: Madden NFL 13 Presentation

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Lodeus @ 04/26/12 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by br329
lol, this.

# 82 poster @ 04/26/12 09:29 AM
Thanks jp for asking Mike about the whole starting lineup being tiered. I know he said it would be, but I had a slight bit of reservation after seeing the screen grab, even though it was obviously filler (Steelers players showed during GB vs TB game).

Hopefully it is dynamic week to week with quick stat blurbs from recent franchise games. Having Phil & Jim wear different suits or having them wear jackets when it gets cold would also be nice.

# 83 Culture Rot @ 04/26/12 10:56 AM
Looks good but like weve seen every year presentation means nothing ive the gameplay on the field sucks like it normally does

# 84 rangerrick012 @ 04/26/12 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Uh-oh, just seen a vid of Phil and Jim in the same suits doing a Bears/Packers game as they are in that Niners game. EA can't do that, for real, if they are going to be showing these two in the booth each time we play a game. I HOPE those suits are just place holders to get out these first vids and the suits will be varied for each game throughout the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I hope so too, but not really banking on it. Remember 10 had the same clothes on what'shername throughout the season during the Extra Point.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah, that's the same thing I am thinking with them being digital it will hopefully be fairly simple to give them various suits and apparel.

Would seem similar to the multiple in-game uniforms and they way players can put on a different when they change teams. It's possible they didn't even think of the commentators clothes in the mist of everything else though. Maybe the people going back for CD can bring it to their attention.
OMG...we finally get some seemingly solid presentation that actually looks like a real broadcast from the word go, and people are complaining about suits now?

# 85 mm boost @ 04/26/12 01:43 PM
I would be happy if they just change the color of the shirts and ties for Nantz and Sims on the pre-game. Have like a random color thing just like they randomly choose weather for each game. I think that would keep it fresh. And then in colder games, have on the big overcoats and possibly a hat. And then just change the colors for those. I don't need to see all kinds of different types of clothes, just change the colors.

# 86 bichettehappens @ 04/26/12 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I would be happy if they just change the color of the shirts and ties for Nantz and Sims on the pre-game. Have like a random color thing just like they randomly choose weather for each game. I think that would keep it fresh. And then in colder games, have on the big overcoats and possibly a hat. And then just change the colors for those. I don't need to see all kinds of different types of clothes, just change the colors.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, about changing the colors. Seems like that would be incredibly easy to add in there

# 87 mm boost @ 04/26/12 02:25 PM
^ duly noted!

# 88 amboyboy @ 04/26/12 02:43 PM
players still look like they're skating on ice. :/

# 89 PacMan3000 @ 04/26/12 03:56 PM
It's not high on the Presentation Priority List, but I agree, change up the clothes the announcers wear. The game is always going to get repetitive, but it would be nice to at least not see the same *exact* clothes--just like you don't always want to always hear the exact same audio lines or see the exact same camera cuts.

Mix it up. That goes with presentation as a whole.

# 90 droopizzle34 @ 04/26/12 08:53 PM
I'm hoping the real life chemistry of Simms and Nance translates over to the game. I'm hoping play action sack is really gone as well. Like what I'm seeing and reading so far.

# 91 rangerrick012 @ 04/26/12 10:09 PM
Quote:
LOL. I don't understand what people are disagreeing about. So you are saying IF they change clothes or colors that wouldn't add to the freshness of seeing them before EVERY game?

Anybody that says yes to that question, I do not believe them. lol

It does not ruin having digital Nantz and Simms in the game wearing the same clothes EVERY game but it would be better to have their clothes change.

They went through the trouble of including all 32 actual stadium backgrounds for the commentators booth. Why is them changing clothes so crazy? lol
Meh, as someone that's played NBA 2K10/2K11/2K12 extensively, I couldn't tell you what suits the coaches wear on the sidelines or if they change from game to game, so no, I probably wouldn't notice it at all if their suits remained the same.

# 92 at23steelers @ 04/27/12 09:31 AM
Quote:
You know what....fine, it's just me then, I am crazy about commentator equipment.

No wardrobe, No peace!
They should have Nantz roll out with a pink suit and a green tie for one of the wardrobes! Maybe wear red and green for Christmas games. I hope they added commentary for night games, Holidays, and playoff specific now.

# 93 jetup2343 @ 04/27/12 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

For anyone that was wondering about this when they saw this lineup screen I just received a tweet from @Mysportsphotog when I asked him about having lineups tiered by their position. Glad they are fixing it this year

Michael Young ‏ @MYsportsPhotog
@jpdavis1982 lineups are tiered this year
I kinda wish they used the used the interface and style of the "fresh in-game interface" box as the base for the scoreboard and stat overlays, instead of the clunky looking graphics that they chose. I'm not a fan of the designs, but it'll work.

Also, I am worried about the dead spots in commentary that were obvious on the webcast. When they showed off the pregame, as soon as the music stopped, it got quiet -- kinda that air-sucked-out feeling. Then, as the kicker readys the ball, all commentary ceased and there was little crowd noise -- another energy killer. And why was the crowd going nuts at the beginning of the runback?
Just an observer -- no hating attempted.

# 94 roadman @ 04/27/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetup2343
I kinda wish they used the used the interface and style of the "fresh in-game interface" box as the base for the scoreboard and stat overlays, instead of the clunky looking graphics that they chose. I'm not a fan of the designs, but it'll work.

Also, I am worried about the dead spots in commentary that were obvious on the webcast. When they showed off the pregame, as soon as the music stopped, it got quiet -- kinda that air-sucked-out feeling. Then, as the kicker readys the ball, all commentary ceased and there was little crowd noise -- another energy killer. And why was the crowd going nuts at the beginning of the runback?
Just an observer -- no hating attempted.
Supposedly, there isn't any dead spots. It was a PP presentation, so, hopefully, other game play films will show no dead spots.

We'll see.

# 95 Chronic Narnia @ 04/27/12 04:28 PM
so are they using the cbs presentation style or not?

# 96 roadman @ 04/27/12 04:45 PM
Quote:
My concern about that though Road, which I hope CD attendees can bring up when they go back, is it seems to be an issue with the Gameflow audio maybe overriding the in-game commentary from triggering.

Come t think of it, I will pose that question to ChaseB.
To add to that, sometimes the coordinators voice would over-ride the commentators. I'd like to find out if that has been addressed for gameflow.

# 97 jetup2343 @ 04/27/12 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Supposedly, there isn't any dead spots. It was a PP presentation, so, hopefully, other game play films will show no dead spots.

We'll see.
Yep. Maybe it's just another early build thing.

By the kickoff, it wasn't just that the commentary stopped, but the crowd also got real quiet for a good five seconds, and then went nuts once the ball was kicked off. Unless this was on purpose so as to save it for the audio playbook, it seems that dynamic crowds/crowd swells are not in the game.

# 98 roadman @ 04/27/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetup2343
Yep. Maybe it's just another early build thing.

By the kickoff, it wasn't just that the commentary stopped, but the crowd also got real quiet for a good five seconds, and then went nuts once the ball was kicked off. Unless this was on purpose so as to save it for the audio playbook, it seems that dynamic crowds/crowd swells are not in the game.
If they are using the same sound technology as NCAA, crowd swells will be in the game. They are for NCAA.

# 99 jetup2343 @ 04/27/12 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If they are using the same sound technology as NCAA, crowd swells will be in the game. They are for NCAA.
I assume that you are correct, but it was clearly not executed well in the webcast. I think that we'll hear good things on May 14 and that this was just a glitch.

# 100 jetup2343 @ 04/28/12 10:04 PM
Two other things I wanted to point out:
1) Why can't they get rid of the stupid flashbulbs popping out of the stands at all times. It kills the realism of the intro. The only time you ever see flashbulbs on TV is at the opening kickoff of the SB. The fact that they are there during the daytime on a regular game while there is nothing going on on the field is ridiculous. Kills, kills, kills the immersion.
0:44

30:53

2)The replays are still not how they should be. Madden keeps touting them as "straight out of NFL Films", but are NFL Films replay montages ever shown in-game, right after a play? Nope. What they should have is straight up, broadcast angle replays, from the blimp cam with commentary, or at full speed with the crowd sound without commentary. The way it is now creates long dead spots with out commentary or crowd noise. Again, it kills the immersion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.