Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Skyboxer @ 04/26/12 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
You might have a point but I tend to disagree... If he was in zone coverage he wouldn't be backpeddaling and straffing along with the incoming receiver, he'd be instead dropping (only backpeddaling) and then looking at the qb.

Even though it does look like he's looking at the QB
Even in zone the DB will still somewhat shadow the WR until they leave thier area of zone caverage.

# 42 Hova57 @ 04/26/12 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
He was looking at the WR the entire time and cut as the receiver cut. What's the problem?
for me i feel like maybe reciever should have fought for the ball use his body, instead of a layout catch. but its an early build they need to tune those type of scenarios.

# 43 PGaither84 @ 04/26/12 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
no one will every give EA any credit ...even when you see such good improvement on a pre alpha. geez lighting up
You must be new here.

We see pre-alpha and are told it's pre-alpha.

Then we see the same thing in Beta, and are told it's just beta.

We are told to wait for E3 and then are told E3 is a much older build than they have right now.

We are told to wait for the demo, but it's still almost the same... or at least the core complaints are still there... but it's just the demo.

It's time to wait for the retail copy, but and it is very similar to the pre-alpha, but we are told to wait for a patch or two, or three... and next thing we know Madden 11... I mean 12... I mean 13 is about to come out.

Yet, after all of that, even with the minor improvements here and there, it is still the same game in MANY other ways.

I agree with others that the foot planting in Madden 10 is actually better than Madden 12. I still have M10, M11 and M12 and can compare. While M12 is the best Madden on this generation, and may be one of the best Madden's they have put out, it STILL isn't nearly as good as it could or should be.

I am not asking for the impossible. I am not asking for too much. I am asking for things that have already been done, in other football games.

What has REALLY changed in the game play from Madden 09 to Madden 12?

When I think about it, all I can really point to are options like game speed/sliders, how tackling works has changed, and how run blocking works. Also, the visual presentation was improved last year and looks like it has continued to improve this year.

I can't comment on the passing game, but in motion the game still moves like Madden. It is still choppy and robotic with animations and reactions that don't pass the eye test. Heck ,the QB mechanics are still god awful and unrealistic. I'm sure body language still doesn't really matter. I'm sure a defender who is a complete stop in zone, or going one way can change direction and keep up with a receiver who is running an In route over the middle.

Too many people are happy with the "it's just a video game" line and actually DON'T want more authentic game play. There are people who love how casual and arcade-ish Madden is.

# 44 blklightning @ 04/26/12 01:12 AM
it looks like a different company is making this game because this is looking really good. they must have replaced quite a few people.

# 45 blklightning @ 04/26/12 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I don't think Roman Harper should react so quickly.
these are professional athletes. they have ridiculous reflexes and reaction times.

# 46 PGaither84 @ 04/26/12 01:15 AM
They correctly have Simms and Nantz sitting in the correct spots.

http://youtu.be/yioh9CKS97c

also look at all the related videos... Simms always on the TV left and Nantz on TV right. Good job.

# 47 spfalla @ 04/26/12 01:35 AM
Don't know if that has been posted yet but I'm going to say it anyways. There is a thing called jumping the routes. DB's do it all the time and in that vid it looks like that is what the DB was doing. That looked like a good football play to me. The WR made his cut and the DB reacted fast to it(what a good DB does) Now if his back was turned the entire time I could see some merit, but the play is developing in front of him the entire time.

# 48 jpdavis82 @ 04/26/12 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
They correctly have Simms and Nantz sitting in the correct spots.

http://youtu.be/yioh9CKS97c

also look at all the related videos... Simms always on the TV left and Nantz on TV right. Good job.
I noticed that too, but that's not what's REALLY impressive, what's really impressive is that they got them in the exact booth location for all 32 stadiums, so you will see exactly what you see on tv.

# 49 redsfan4life @ 04/26/12 02:17 AM
The only thing I like is the WR/DB interaction. Everything else looks like same old Madden to me.

# 50 jagsrock95 @ 04/26/12 02:31 AM
the replay with woodson and williams looked really good! Im definitely liking what im seeing so far...

# 51 khaliib @ 04/26/12 02:34 AM
My issue is the OL vs DL.
The DT's focus seems to be wrestling with the OL in front of them.

With the dropback steps for the QB, you would think they would at least add some backward steps to the OL to simulate them being driven back into the QB.

The DE's are still getting stonewalled at the POA.
The OT's still glide on a Pre-determined/canned arc for blocking the DE's to form this NICE Pocket.
G/C's still standing around when not engaged in an animation.

What's up with the OL/DL play?
Where's the love for this area of the game?

OL/DL play looks watered down to showcase the new passing injections to me.

# 52 bukktown @ 04/26/12 02:51 AM
I guess it is intentional (to match all of the other animations) but the Brees, Smith, and Dalton throwing animations looked weird.

It is really cool that they have models of Sims and Nantz.

# 53 tanner75 @ 04/26/12 03:23 AM
Now we have Nantz talking about HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE lol . Seriously, i hope there is more variety in the commentary, still not convinced yet.

# 54 raidertiger @ 04/26/12 05:12 AM
There's no fight for the ball, it's just what animation triggers first. My only real concern.

# 55 kingsofthevalley @ 04/26/12 06:16 AM
Looks pretty good.

# 56 LambertandHam @ 04/26/12 06:22 AM
Like the new touches, but "Hello Friends" will become my new "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" by the third week of the season.

# 57 Dynastium @ 04/26/12 07:22 AM
What the hell is Victor Cruz doing? That's not a salsa dance, that's a... seizure...

# 58 mjhyankees @ 04/26/12 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It looks like to me Harper is looking at the QB, not the receiver though. That's why he reacts so quickly to the pass, imo.

Look at it again, he is playing off and looking at the QB maybe in zone coverage.

Even so his reaction is too quick. In real life given his position (behind the wr) the receiver gets a step or two on him with the cut. No human could make that cut that fast unless he knew the wr was going to cut there.

that said, I like the look so far. I will give credit to EA for this....they are making the game better each year. Some will complain that its too slow a progression but still it's progress. I love the Nance-Sims team....I'm worried that we will hear the exact same opening for every intradivision game. Hope not.....really, all they have to do is record more lines...how much memory could that take. If they have, say, 5 comments on divisional games that they use over and over (instead of one - and yes I'd like more than 5) at least I'd never know what was coming.

# 59 Moegames @ 04/26/12 07:58 AM
Looking decent..i love some of the new cut scenes put in there..i just hope there are enough to make them feel unique throughout the season..that is the key.

I also hope they put in some kind of button tapping to break out of tackles and to tackle..at least an option to use that feature.

Holding my breath on the commentary though...

Cant really determine much from this short clip though but its better than nothing and its looking decent.

# 60 mrprice33 @ 04/26/12 08:16 AM
With regards to pre-alpha, beta, etc people need to realize that basically going from alpha to ready to ship means that you're getting a ton of polish and getting rid of bugs. There's going to be some tuning here and there but the core
mechanics/gameplay will be the same in pre-alpha as it will be for release, which is going to be basically (mechanically) what we've seen this gen of EA football. If you're expecting sweeping changes from year to year you're going to always be disappointed. It's an iterative process.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.