Home
News Post

Another MLB 12 The Show game update arrived this morning, bring it up to version 1.16. Check below for the details and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Schedules and box score were misaligned for a portion of the games for certain teams.
  • Occasionally when loading into online games, an empty field (home plate view) would be shown and user has to PS button out.
  • Analog bunting interface, versus a behind the pitcher view in online games would cause a frequent freeze when the user on offense bunted.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DrkMynd @ 04/28/12 02:24 PM
From theshownation.com forums from a Moderator.

Please see bellow for the latest Game Update changes:
* Schedules and box score were misaligned for a portion of the games for certain teams.
* Occasionally when loading into online games, an empty field (home plate view) would be shown and user has to PS button out.
* Analog bunting interface, versus a behind the pitcher view in online games would cause a frequent freeze when the user on offense bunted.

Thought I would share it with everyone.

# 22 dutch4404 @ 04/28/12 02:26 PM
did they include the part about how it breaks rtts? cuz thats what it does

# 23 JahCreations @ 04/28/12 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves1966
I just downloaded the 1.16 patch and I would advise that those who are already past the all star break, do not download the patch. I play with the braves and had a record of 68-29 which made me first place in the national league east. After downloading the patch I show a record of 69 wins and 168 losses and 68 games out of first place. I had downloaded the 1.06 patch and never had any freezing. I just deleted the 1.16 patch which I guess also deletes the 1.06 patch. This is a great game but the updates released only seem to make things worse.
Same thing for me.. braves were 2nd place like 72-60 or something and now are 72-164 and 66gb. Also the a's are now 68-168 and 68gb in their division..everyone else is correct. Simmed a few games and it doesn't fix it. Guess I'm sol?

# 24 Brandwin @ 04/28/12 02:29 PM
I have the same freezing issues with RTTS.

I have multiple saves at different dates and they all lock up. (I'm in mid August, but I also have a save in July that doesn't work) Hopefully they can send a patch out to fix it pretty quickly. If I am out of luck I want a refund for m training points i purchased.

BTW - my franchise files loaded fine. I'm only in April.

# 25 Brandwin @ 04/28/12 02:32 PM
Has anyone with the RTTS problems deleted the update and tried to see if it will work?

Never gotten this far in RTTS and I spent money on training points. I always have multiple saves incase one gets corrupted, I guess that isn't helping with this.

# 26 I3RIS3H @ 04/28/12 02:36 PM
My RTTS is freezing as well.
Do they not test their patches at all?

# 27 beantownbruins @ 04/28/12 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3RIS3H
My RTTS is freezing as well.
Do they not test their patches at all?
If this patch is going to cause even more problems then these forums are going to explode with anger and RIGHTFULLY so. Give me a break man, patches are supposed to fix games, not break them further.

# 28 I3RIS3H @ 04/28/12 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
If this patch is going to cause even more problems then these forums are going to explode with anger and RIGHTFULLY so. Give me a break man, patches are supposed to fix games, not break them further.
Agreed 100%. This is reminding me way too much of EA.

# 29 JahCreations @ 04/28/12 02:45 PM
Simmed the rest of the season to see what happens.. the braves and a's both made wilcard even though they both ended last in their divisions..

# 30 dutch4404 @ 04/28/12 02:46 PM
ya when the prompt came up asking if i wanted to download 1.16 i stopped and thought about it for a second. 'no chance a second patch in a row breaks the game' and so i went for it. completely regret it now

# 31 bcruise @ 04/28/12 02:48 PM
BTW, no Vita patch accompanying this.

# 32 bronxbombers21325 @ 04/28/12 02:55 PM
I'm not going to download the patch, I am too far into my franchise to risk it messing up, plus I have no problems with the game at this point. Only thing is I don't know how to make it stop prompting me to download it, the black screen popping up asking about it in the middle of games is a major problem. Can anyone tell me how to make it stop asking me every 10 minutes? Thanks in advance.

# 33 beantownbruins @ 04/28/12 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JahCreations
Simmed the rest of the season to see what happens.. the braves and a's both made wilcard even though they both ended last in their divisions..
Wow! How do they miss that? That's unbelievable to me, a fireable offense if your job is to test the patch. Sorry but this is ridiculous lol. Two patches in a row. Really? I work at Olive Garden...This is like serving a dish to a customer with a long nasty hair in it, and a week later serving that same customer a dish with a cockroach in it. People should be losing their jobs over this. Where's Donald Trump when you need him?

# 34 Monroe10 @ 04/28/12 03:15 PM
I'm waiting for it to download right now,

Now I'm a little concerned after reading all of this lol.

# 35 I3RIS3H @ 04/28/12 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe10
I'm waiting for it to download right now,

Now I'm a little concerned after reading all of this lol.
I honestly would wait if I were you. Unless you want your RTTS and franchise to be messed up like ours.

# 36 mmorg @ 04/28/12 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Wow! How do they miss that? That's unbelievable to me, a fireable offense if your job is to test the patch. Sorry but this is ridiculous lol. Two patches in a row. Really? I work at Olive Garden...This is like serving a dish to a customer with a long nasty hair in it, and a week later serving that same customer a dish with a cockroach in it. People should be losing their jobs over this. Where's Donald Trump when you need him?
Did you read his previous post to see what the situation was regarding those teams? They probably had the most wins in the division but for some reason got credited with an extra 162 losses.

# 37 BenGerman @ 04/28/12 03:19 PM
Decided not to download. None of the "fixes" even really matter to me, so I'd rather not risk it.

# 38 Monroe10 @ 04/28/12 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3RIS3H
I honestly would wait if I were you. Unless you want your RTTS and franchise to be messed up like ours.
Well, I stopped downloading it. I play franchise the most, but for whatever reason, I haven't made a RTTS yet. I also copied my franchise file onto a USB drive just in case.

I may end up downloading it eventually. IDK why but I never have the freezing/other problems that a lot of other people always say they have.

# 39 beantownbruins @ 04/28/12 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Did you read his previous post to see what the situation was regarding those teams? They probably had the most wins in the division but for some reason got credited with an extra 162 losses.
Yes I understand that. My point was how do they miss the fact that a team that makes the playoffs has that many losses? How can they not catch that? It's just horrible testing was my point.

# 40 MauerMorneau09 @ 04/28/12 03:24 PM
Fortunately, my rtts is not messed up. But idk if i want to check my franchise. lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.