Home
News Post

Another MLB 12 The Show game update arrived this morning, bring it up to version 1.16. Check below for the details and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Schedules and box score were misaligned for a portion of the games for certain teams.
  • Occasionally when loading into online games, an empty field (home plate view) would be shown and user has to PS button out.
  • Analog bunting interface, versus a behind the pitcher view in online games would cause a frequent freeze when the user on offense bunted.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bronxbombers21325 @ 04/28/12 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Press circle when it prompts you instead of X.

Although I read your post from earlier and I've never heard of it prompting someone for a patch in the middle of a game. Only when starting up the game or attempting to go online (you won't be able to play online or use the vaults without the latest patch)
Yeah I have been pressing circle at the beginning of the game, but several times during my last game it popped up in the middle of the game. Which isnt what you want to have happening when trying to rally from 6 runs down against your division rival.

# 62 tanis38 @ 04/28/12 04:54 PM
Post patch my RTTS is freezing and I can no longer play. I was in June 2015. Will try to delete the patch and hope for the best.

# 63 NYGNYY7251 @ 04/28/12 05:02 PM
I am on May 10th in my Yankees chise I started after the 1.06 patch froze my previous one. I simmed to about August 26th, and checked the records, and stats. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I am going to simulate to the end of the season later just to test it out and see if anything messes up.

# 64 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 05:04 PM
yea... everyone beware. I downloaded the patch, went into my franchise with the Braves (was like 86-40 something). Lost a game vs the Phillies and it put me in last place at 86-170. It also now freezes when trying to advance the schedule.

Make sure to keep a separate save file. Only one's it hasn't affected were the franchise files not past the all-star break.

EDIT: It also affected my PREVIOUS save file as well so it seems that downloading this patch will screw any franchise file it can. Good job. Good freakin job. There goes a franchise file that was in the last effin week of the season in which I played EVERY SINGLE GAME.

# 65 ChernoTheInferno @ 04/28/12 05:16 PM
I can't comment on Franchise as I only do RttS. My RttS seems to be fine. I've played a game and saved. In RttS I only do the hitting opportunities and let the game sim everything else, for the record. So if you play RttS same as me you should be OK. Haven't had freezes or any issues.

# 66 Heroesandvillains @ 04/28/12 05:20 PM
Guys, please listen:

Save your franchise onto a flashdrive BEFORE downloading the patch. That way, if it corrupts your saves, all is not lost!

Do not risk everything. Back it up before proceeding forward.

# 67 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 05:23 PM
I did save my file before the patch (I ALWAYS keep a 2nd save file updated every in-game week).

Problem is I loaded it up and the issue affected it as well (I didn't even save the file it just becomes "infected" by loading it up).

So the real tip here is to NOT load up any franchise after the all-star break if you have the patch installed.

I'm currently restoring my system (from having to power off while frozen). Will delete patch and report findings shortly.

# 68 Chef Matt @ 04/28/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
yea... everyone beware. I downloaded the patch, went into my franchise with the Braves (was like 86-40 something). Lost a game vs the Phillies and it put me in last place at 86-170. It also now freezes when trying to advance the schedule.

Make sure to keep a separate save file. Only one's it hasn't affected were the franchise files not past the all-star break.

EDIT: It also affected my PREVIOUS save file as well so it seems that downloading this patch will screw any franchise file it can. Good job. Good freakin job. There goes a franchise file that was in the last effin week of the season in which I played EVERY SINGLE GAME.
I read on the Show nation someone deleted the patch and it reverted back to where he was before. Give it a try.

# 69 beantownbruins @ 04/28/12 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Guys, please listen:

Save your franchise onto a flashdrive BEFORE downloading the patch. That way, if it corrupts your saves, all is not lost!

That's good advice, but we shouldn't have to account for a patch breaking the game.

# 70 Entiae @ 04/28/12 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
I read on the Show nation someone deleted the patch and it reverted back to where he was before. Give it a try.
You'd have to delete every single patch though, right?

You can't just delete one, can you?

# 71 Knight165 @ 04/28/12 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Guys, please listen:

Unless you keep overwriting saves(and at this point...why would you) and older save shouldn't get corrupted though.
Although having backups elsewhere(USB and on your PC as well) isn't a bad idea!

M.K.
Knight165

# 72 Heroesandvillains @ 04/28/12 05:28 PM
Quote:
I did save my file before the patch (I ALWAYS keep a 2nd save file updated every in-game week).

Problem is I loaded it up and the issue affected it as well (I didn't even save the file it just becomes "infected" by loading it up).

So the real tip here is to NOT load up any franchise after the all-star break if you have the patch installed.

I'm currently restoring my system (from having to power off while frozen). Will delete patch and report findings shortly.
No. That's not what I was saying.

I mean back up your franchise on a zip drive.

DL the patch.

Try out your franchise.

If it freezes or glitches out, delete the patch.

Insert the zip drive and copy your franchise back onto the PS3.

# 73 Heroesandvillains @ 04/28/12 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
That's good advice, but we shouldn't have to account for a patch breaking the game.
No, you shouldn't have to. But in this case, everyone should.

# 74 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 05:29 PM
Yea I deleted the patch. All franchises still screwed.

Guess I'm going to have to start keeping saves on my PC just to make sure some stupid patch breaks my hours upon hours of game time.

*rant on* If this isn't fixed I'll be making a trip to the dump shortly. Won't even give this game the dignity of selling it back to gamestop so that nobody else gets screwed so hard. *rant off*

So yea hopefully this gets fixed. Trying to think of a way the record thing could be fixed. Maybe have the game scan actual wins/losses through the schedule?? Dunno guess the waiting game is on.

# 75 Chef Matt @ 04/28/12 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp3500
You'd have to delete every single patch though, right?

You can't just delete one, can you?
Correct but if I was that deep into my season, playing every game, and it was my only option to continue or lose it...I'd do it, finish the season out. Then, I'd start a new one with the lastest patch(s).

# 76 Heroesandvillains @ 04/28/12 05:34 PM
Quote:
Yea I deleted the patch. All franchises still screwed.

Guess I'm going to have to start keeping saves on my PC just to make sure some stupid patch breaks my hours upon hours of game time.

*rant on* If this isn't fixed I'll be making a trip to the dump shortly. Won't even give this game the dignity of selling it back to gamestop so that nobody else gets screwed so hard. *rant off*

So yea hopefully this gets fixed. Trying to think of a way the record thing could be fixed. Maybe have the game scan actual wins/losses through the schedule?? Dunno guess the waiting game is on.
I don't see how this is possible?

The file is guarded (unpatched) offline on a zip drive. Once the patch is deleted, and the file is placed back on the system, the patch should not impact the file. Essentially, this file never interacted with the patch (or a patched system).

I am very lost by your post. I get you are rightfully angry, but what you are saying defies logic.

# 77 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 05:37 PM
I don't know either man. Like the entire reason for me keeping that extra save file was to prevent such issues.

Unless franchise somehow auto-saves upon LOAD I don't see how it would be affected by the patch either.

All I know is I had a save for September 20, 2012 that I saved last night.

I also had the save I was playing on September 21, 2012. I played the Phillies, lost, noticed my record. Tried to advance, it froze.

Loaded up the Sep. 20 save and it showed the same record (minus 1 since I hadn't played the Phils yet). Also freezes upon advancing the day.

# 78 Heroesandvillains @ 04/28/12 05:38 PM
Quote:
I don't know either man. Like the entire reason for me keeping that extra save file was to prevent such issues.

Unless franchise somehow auto-saves upon LOAD I don't see how it would be affected by the patch either.

All I know is I had a save for September 20, 2012 that I saved last night.

I also had the save I was playing on September 21, 2012. I played the Phillies, lost, noticed my record. Tried to advance, it froze.

Loaded up the Sep. 20 save and it showed the same record (minus 1 since I hadn't played the Phils yet). Also freezes upon advancing the day.
How was the file "backed up?" Via zip drive, or via cloud save or what?

# 79 blueduke @ 04/28/12 05:39 PM
Are all these file corrupts and freezes happening only with OSFM rosters or are they also happening with SCEA's roster updates? Just asking as I assume all or almost all people here use the OSFM rosters. Not claiming I may be onto something, just taking a shot in the dark

# 80 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 05:42 PM
I just had a separate save file via a normal save (on the ps3).

I never believed I would have to back up files on my PC / elsewhere just for patches so I didn't preemptively prepare for this lol.

I used to always backup files on my PC / USB drive like when my 360 HD was dying / other issues I knew had a high likelihood of happening. Didn't think that a patch put out by professional game makers would blow **** up like a nuclear bomb.

Good lesson though lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.