Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (DualShockers)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mr_Riddick @ 05/02/12 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM

I can point to pass trajectiories this year. Many people have screamed that it should be the hands down number one priority. Ok, they did a ton of work on...it was fixed as of February when I was there, now the same people are screaming about "I can't believe they didn't work on (insert noun)". It's just goofy... Plain goofy. In my opinion and also a lot of long timers on this site... That no matter what they do, a small loud group will not be happy as long as the game they are playing says "EA". Don't get me wrong.... Madden has issues and I can understand people wanting more because I do as well... But at some point the blatant bashing and complaining has to go, its just not productive.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Understant this, i havent purhased Madden game in 3 years. And yes, im with the group here on OS whom have many complaints. But how is it counterproductive? I mean i think the majority of us on this site actcually would LOVE to enjoy this the game. But for obvious reasons cant. Last year I had hope. I thought it would be the year. But yet again it was a let down.... SO they added more catching animations and pass trajectories... Again, i think Im speaking for the complaining group when i say, About.... Freaking.... Time. I could play a 4 year old game and get that and more. To me those are the only 2 additions that will actually improve this game. Honestly, whos going to but a Jim Nance Jersey this year.?? All in all i just want a game that Not only has the bells and whistles
That goes along with Sunday. But the fundamental aspects too. A game that actually looks like FOOTBALL on the field. I hope this year is the gonna be the year. Because again, I think i speak for the conplainers when i say Im tired of updated rosters. To play a game thats 4 years old.. I really want to play madden but i just cant force it if it doesnt look the part on the field.*

# 22 ODogg @ 05/02/12 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
It will most certainly be a port, there's no way EA takes a year off of their flagship sports title to rebuild it from the ground up. While they were able to do that with the NHL sku this gen, they eventually hit a wall and that series stagnated due to more than likely memory limitations. I just don't see EA forgoing the first year sales of a launch NFL title once MS and Sony release a new console cycle.

I actually feel worse for Sony in this regard since the PS3 never seemed to really hit a stride at all until the last 6 months to a year if that.
It's not going to be a port just like the PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360 wasn't a port. They have a completely separate team working on the next-gen consoles from the current gen and it's built separately and is usually started on 2 years or so before the game hits the market (while the new console is still secret and whatnot). Anyone that doesn't know this doesn't know their video game history and have not read enough on the subject.

I mean, seriously, can anyone really not play the last version of the PS2/Xbox game and then play the PS3/Xbox 360 version the following year and think those games were the same engine? Hell, many of the comments constantly posted on here is that people want to go back to the OLD engine on the PS2/Xbox!

# 23 spankdatazz22 @ 05/02/12 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's not going to be a port just like the PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360 wasn't a port. They have a completely separate team working on the next-gen consoles from the current gen and it's built separately and is usually started on 2 years or so before the game hits the market (while the new console is still secret and whatnot). Anyone that doesn't know this doesn't know their video game history and have not read enough on the subject.
If anything their performance this gen is proof enough that they shouldn't repeat the mistakes of the past. It wasn't just Madden that struggled making the next gen jump, ALL of EA's titles had problems. Games like Icon (previously Def Jam NY), NBA Street, etc. were one and done this gen and shadows of their former selves. FIFA, Madden, NCAA, NHL, etc. were all disappointing to mediocre at best for years. And all we debated was how they got the dev kits late, needed time to acclimate themselves to the new hardware, blah blah blah.

I remember the debates we had on why PS2/Xbox Madden wasn't improving much late in it's dev cycle. Now sadly the same excuses used for not improving the current game then, are being used now (next gen is right around the corner).

If they make the same mistake again they deserve to be clowned to no end. We're however many years into next gen and Madden still hasn't righted itself. People shouldn't be making excuses for them not improving the game across the board now. Games like NBA2K and The Show were able to have smoother transitions to next gen because their devs took a smarter approach and made those games with the idea of scaling them appropriately to the new hardware - even Madden devs themselves have said so on occasion. It shouldn't be some everything needs to be torn down/baby thrown out with the bath water situation every time a new console generation rolls around. All we heard the past year was how the dev team was doubled - doubled - and yet the same excuses have to be made about them not taking a comprehensive approach to fixing what's wrong with the game? That OL/DL, physics, signature styles, etc. have to wait until it's "their time" to be addressed? C'mon.

# 24 Smoke6 @ 05/02/12 11:20 AM
Maddens past features still missing that shouldnt have ever been missing and then ill get to where madden should be at right now.

Home Field advantage- we used to have this feature as a highlight in madden a few years back i believe on last gen consoles. The crowd roaring and the chants.

QB Composure- this too was a feature to where your QB was either 'rattled' or well 'composed' is crucial situations. This mixed with the home field crowd noise really disrupted the flow of someone trying to put together a no huddle package in the game as the play art would be all "scribbled looking" when you went to view it or hot route a WR.

Penalties- Been discussed to death, but its been there before but there is really no excuse as to why penalties are missing from this game the way they are.

Severity of injuries- Used to be sort of a big emphasis to this back in the day, now it just seems to be displayed with no real emotional or game changing feeling to it at all. I remember being devastated when my starting Qb or HB was not returning for the game, made me not want to play the rest of the game, but it became more challenging having that Bledsoe/Brady drama going on and I became a lot more adversed with playing or not minding to play with different QBs regardless of their ratings or skill. Not soo much in these past maddens.

Atmosphere- Just not there with these games past the introductions, they were done better in the past! You felt like you were in the playoffs or making a playoff run.

Imported Draft Classes- I never had a problem with them on the PS2, I quite enjoyed this feature back then, lately it just never seems to work right or work at all.

Halftime, Pre-game, and Post-game shows- Like I said before, they been there and done that with this, all of a sudden its just been pick up and play and most of these just an after thought.

Now to where madden should be at right now...

Graphics is not an issue with me, madden has always looked nice, but looking nice doesnt mean its gonna play as good as it looks. Well, times need to change and the GFX needs to match the gameplay.

Running animations should have been on par with most real life athletes styles.

O and D-line interaction should have been addressed to the point its just getting fine tuned to players likeness and tendacies.

QBs throwing and attributes should match up well with their real live counter parts.

Morphing and collision detection should have been an afterthought, slower players seem to back pedal faster than most players sprinting forward. (example) Vernon Davis being covered step for step by a no named LB or DE on routes that most DBs in the league have trouble covering. Im not saying this should be 100% or automatic for VD but the matchup is in VD's favor and should play out that way most of the time.

Game Play is like I have always said it should be, "dynamic"!!! No play should play out the exact same in a cheesy manner even if the defense is playing slouchy or careless.

Player animations and momentum should be at level un expected, players these past 7 yrs have been taking risks that they should be 2nd guessing if not more and still get greatly rewarded even when you know whats coming. Foot planting should be almost as accurate as it can be around this time, as it stands players are just abusing the same madden fundamentals we see and shiver over yr after yr. Case in point is the HB delay or draw, in how fast and unrealistic the player takes off and can make cuts the moment the ball is handed off, thus the reason its one of the top 5 plays used an abused in online play.

Im all for the looking before you catch a pass type of feature, it should have always been like that and hopefully it works as well as most of us think it should. But nonetheless it should have always been there and being tweaked or tuned from that start of inception.

Players on the field recover way too fast on plays where they are completely taken out by either getting beat off the line from a bump or the user is manually controlling and bites on another route only to still be able to make up for it and make a play when he should have been out of the play. Its rare to see a Lebron James type of defense fast break defense being made in the NFL.

Interceptions or crazy on how its executed in this game, if anyone has ever played football would know that not all the O linemen stop blocking or protecting their QB the moment the ball is released from his hands. In madden, most interceptions are shutdown by an awful animation by the WR who was going up to get the ball with momentum carrying them forward and once the ball is picked off its a tackle in the air animation instead of 6 the other way potentially. If not this, then you are caught by the once blocking a second ago linemen who never even knew the ball was passed in the first place.

Risk vs Reward is the name of the game, its the crux of sports period! Those pesky 4th and forever attempts in the 1st quarter are a thing of the past and the games play out much better than they do now. You can still pick up and play a pick up game or whatnot, and im not asking for 15 minute quarter games, you can skip all the cutscenes or have the option to play with them off and just get to playing.

We should be at a point to where we can orchestrate a full weeks practice from helmets on Monday to full pads Tues-Fri and Shells on Sat against our practice squads and even promote players from practice squad on up or down. Thats the whole point of having a draft and free agency and whatnot, if we cant go all out by now then its just very shallow. It needs depth and we should have something like that by now.

Hiring and firing of coaching staff should be a focal point someway somehow, we have very aggressive coaches in the league some that take a very different approach. This should factor into a lot of aspects of this game. A player is just not playing upto his potential, so he gets benched (a CPU thing) but you can override it and play the man anyway and still watch him either get it together or keep failing just like the head coach thought he would.

Injuries are very weak and downplayed in this game, if you have ever been severely injured with MCL or ACL issues, its not an easy thing to come back from and play as if you are that same player before the injury. It takes true time to comeback from most injuries and play at full strength and speed. A player to look at in this regard is Darren Mcfadden, injury prone, comes back from and injury and it gets worse. As it should be now, is that it should be treated as a crisis situation and careful game planning should be mandated when playing injured players with injuries that are more than likely able to get worse or re injured.The risk for that should be at an all time high in which this enhances the overall experience of the game as players would tip toe lightly knowing they have to rely on the backups that may or may not play upto par as their premiere players who are suffering from an injury.

All refs on the field, no wonder why we are missing penalties in this game, I dont see them all on the field at all. But as madden should be by now, they all should be there.

Manual player movement should have a great impact on the outcome of any play whether they're involved or not. I hate seeing players moving Dlinemen off the LOS and playing LB and safety with them due to the fact that players carry no real weight. Well with weight and proper physics being where it should be, the risk for such gameplay would be very detrimental to the user who is taking the risk and very rewarding for the other player to take advantage of such garbage. Say goodbye to running starts pre-snap and players clowning around in the secondary as the ball is being hiked.

FG and punts, no one is "money", and what I mean by that is players have their good and bad games from all positions. Punting may seem easy, but get out there on the field and anything can go wrong. So long to the automatic FGs from any kicker, touchback kickoffs every kick, and deep punts anytime. Players legs will be as weak/strong as they are in real life or as they attributes state. if the wind is behind you then fine, let the wind play a part, but other than that, punts will be dynamic or should be.

To touch on the running game and the aspects of that, its too easy in madden now, but with proper stats and ratings matchups, this could be a game changer for those who rush into the run game base don how madden used to play as opposed to how it should play. No way a DB or a safety should shed the block of an O linemen the way they do now just to get to the ball carrier when the sprint button is engaged and the same for WRs blocking linemen when motioned to do so. Nothing like that should be concrete or relied on as guaranteed success in this game. Its severely flawed and the game will play to the matchups as they arise, but this non sense of hiking the ball with a WR in motion and engaging a blitzing Ray lewis and winning is just absurd.

I mean, this is the gist of where madden should be at right now, we are done with the eyes behind the back DB's who are covering streaks stride for stride only to break off the moment you pass the ball underneath to a post corner route underneath the streak route as if he knew the whole time where the ball was going!

I dont think any of the above is impossible or asking too much from the devs, this will make the game have that "any given sunday" feel to it and thats all we are looking for. Kill the nano blitz mess that goes on because teams arent getting the pressure they feel they need so they substitute it for nanos and kill the game even more. Online franchise should play just as good a offline franchise with a live sports tickers from all the games being played or have been played and indicating ESPN type of news feed regarding our franchise thats in play. But thats a whole other mode to get into really!

But there it is!

# 25 ODogg @ 05/02/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
If anything their performance this gen is proof enough that they shouldn't repeat the mistakes of the past.
they definitely SHOULD be making a new engine, despite people not liking them 'starting over' but the difference in the next-upcoming generation should be they need to do a much better job right up front on the first shot at it. I mean we took a HUGE hit going from last-gen to this gen and it's taken us years to get back to a playable game, we can't afford to have that happen again.

I know some folks want a port and to just continue to improve on the same engine and not lose any features at all but that's not the answer in the long run.

As for giving them a pass because the next-gen is right around the corner, I don't think anyone is doing that at all, I just think most people realize that the current engine can only be improved so much and we're hopeful the next engine, on next-gen, is going to alleviate a lot of the issues we currently are afflicted with.

# 26 ODogg @ 05/02/12 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Penalties- Been discussed to death, but its been there before but there is really no excuse as to why penalties are missing from this game the way they are.
You post this as if EA is having difficulty instituting penalties in the game. That's not the case, EA has stated several times in interviews that the public, in general, does not want a lot of penalties in the game and because of that the game doesn't have many.

The penalty sliders however should work much better but by default you're never going to see many, if any, penalties in Madden or NCAA, because market research shows that we're in the minority in wanting realistic penalties.

# 27 Smoke6 @ 05/02/12 12:51 PM
Quote:
You post this as if EA is having difficulty instituting penalties in the game. That's not the case, EA has stated several times in interviews that the public, in general, does not want a lot of penalties in the game and because of that the game doesn't have many.

The penalty sliders however should work much better but by default you're never going to see many, if any, penalties in Madden or NCAA, because market research shows that we're in the minority in wanting realistic penalties.
From what I have gathered over the years regarding penalties, this is the second time I have heard that we dont want penalties in a game thats supposed simulate the sport of football. Now my knowledge of other sports isnt as great as maddens, but im sure NBA2K and the show arent missing critical penalties in a game where its really needed.

Im so sick of running plays out of my playbook and my opponents AI clearly impedes on the process of my players running their routes. No PI is called nor is there any illegal contact after 5yds from the manual players out there who do it intentionally. Not having Pass interference in Madden is just as crucial hitting the batter with a pitch and the batter gets another swing with the bases full.

We should be beyond this and madden should never go without penalties even if most are rarely called. PI has been absent from the game for a while, and illegal touching of the ball has been #2 on my list for ages as players run out of bounds and back in making catches in the endzone or the sideline.

But I would love to see proof of this claim that we dont want penalties in a SIM game because it would be too real. I would love it just for the sake of people actually spending time enjoying the game instead of labbing gimmicks that would get any head coach fired his first year thinking all his players can Rocket Catch every down, or calling a nano blitz on defense when no such thing exist in a the form of a direct play.

# 28 ODogg @ 05/02/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
From what I have gathered over the years regarding penalties, this is the second time I have heard that we dont want penalties in a game thats supposed simulate the sport of football. Now my knowledge of other sports isnt as great as maddens, but im sure NBA2K and the show arent missing critical penalties in a game where its really needed.

Im so sick of running plays out of my playbook and my opponents AI clearly impedes on the process of my players running their routes. No PI is called nor is there any illegal contact after 5yds from the manual players out there who do it intentionally. Not having Pass interference in Madden is just as crucial hitting the batter with a pitch and the batter gets another swing with the bases full.

We should be beyond this and madden should never go without penalties even if most are rarely called. PI has been absent from the game for a while, and illegal touching of the ball has been #2 on my list for ages as players run out of bounds and back in making catches in the endzone or the sideline.

But I would love to see proof of this claim that we dont want penalties in a SIM game because it would be too real. I would love it just for the sake of people actually spending time enjoying the game instead of labbing gimmicks that would get any head coach fired his first year thinking all his players can Rocket Catch every down, or calling a nano blitz on defense when no such thing exist in a the form of a direct play.
EA will not release their marketing data but they have stated the public doesn't want too many penalties, that's why you usually see 1, if any, called in a game. EA believes people want to know the game has penalties but they are rarely called.

I agree with you that I'd like more penalties and more importantly would like the sliders to work as they should work but that's just what EA has said. So don't feel as if EA can't do it, they simply choose not to based on what the public has told them.

BTW - I don't doubt that the public doesn't want any penalties. From playing NCAA & Madden with casual friends and people online I can tell you people get really irate with just about any penalty that's called. Yes if you ask them they'd tell you it's unrealistic not to have penalties and they want them but in an actual game they usually throw a fit if a penalty is called on them and scream how much it's bs and whatnot. I don't like it but that's just the way it is..

# 29 Smoke6 @ 05/02/12 01:05 PM
Quote:
I can relate to this POV but I feel Casey too. When information first started to drop in the NCAA forum for 13 about sights and sounds, there were people already complaining about game play. There are times when some people just seemed convinced the game is horrible before even hearing anything about it. Even given the history of next-gen Madden and imo Madden period, I don't understand some of this stuff. People clamor for change but as the "change" that has been made is being explained, they scream "that's not change" or "not enough change" before hearing everything.
I agree with a lot you have to say Big F, but I have to disagree here...

We dont want information about sounds and sights first, every year they do this, the most critical aspects of the game go untouched and we get the PR line "We ran out of time, maybe next year"! along with the draggin out of releasing info on whats to come from that madden.

The trickling is for kids, kids do not have jobs as the masses who buy madden on release day are grown ups like you and me. eventually those kids will grow up and want something more along the lines of what we're aiming at here.

If gameplay is the most talked about waited on feature, then why pull our strings with dates on when this will be discussed when it should be forefront and center stage and everything after fall into place?

There's no eating crow here as madden is not where most of us think it should have been by now. They're complaining for the fact EA has said it couldnt be done on this engine or this gen and yet 3,4,5yrs later here it is. So something has to be missing from the game to make these introductions of new features work or someone has some explaining to do. Because the last 7 years has been excuses to why its not in.

Franchise modes get untouched,

We get a barebones afterthought community feature thats been asked for a long time ago and even you Big F have asked for something similar to cater to the realistic nature we want from them.

The blatant cheating in online games and nothing being done about the perps who abuse the game.

But yet again, its a wait and see approach and thus the cycle will eventually start all over again as I pointed out earlier about the guys who go looking for trouble in these games in order for them to play it will always ruin it for everyone. We cant just hide and tuck our tales running away from modes which we try to enjoy because people want the easy way out and want pre determined wins.

Oh and I doubt their will be too much left to hear from them man, these are changes we asked for years ago, and has this console life cycles fades out, now we're getting them only to miss them nex gen!

# 30 Smoke6 @ 05/02/12 01:07 PM
Quote:
EA will not release their marketing data but they have stated the public doesn't want too many penalties, that's why you usually see 1, if any, called in a game. EA believes people want to know the game has penalties but they are rarely called.

I agree with you that I'd like more penalties and more importantly would like the sliders to work as they should work but that's just what EA has said. So don't feel as if EA can't do it, they simply choose not to based on what the public has told them.

BTW - I don't doubt that the public doesn't want any penalties. From playing NCAA & Madden with casual friends and people online I can tell you people get really irate with just about any penalty that's called. Yes if you ask them they'd tell you it's unrealistic not to have penalties and they want them but in an actual game they usually throw a fit if a penalty is called on them and scream how much it's bs and whatnot. I don't like it but that's just the way it is..

But isnt this the point of having penalties?

It happens all the time in the NFL, coaches get irate over almost every penalty called. Thats what makes watching it on Sundays and the sport itself so spectacular!

But I agree with what you are saying!

# 31 johnnyg713 @ 05/02/12 02:46 PM
Game developers have the toughest jobs. Especially Sports game developers. They have only 1 year to make changes to the game. They have to have realistic goals, or else the game wont be done on time, or they could potentially screw the game up completely. Think about it, many games are developed for 2 or 3 years. If the game's not ready they can push back the release date. Sports games do not have this luxury. Imagine if madden didn't come out on time this year because they needed more time with development? People would go crazy.

Another thing a lot of you guys need to consider. How much do you think these devs make a year? No where close to enough to make them wake up everyday and say "OMG I need to work on this game non-stop for 12 hours without taking any breaks and Im going to enjoy every second of it!"

At my job I am assigned anywhere from 6-8 weeks to get something done. If I worked hard and put all my attention into my work, I could most likely get it done in 2-3 weeks. You better damn well believe I'm gonna take as much time as my boss gives me. Want me to get it done faster? Pay me more. As long as my boss is happy with my work and I get it done in the time he assigns, then nothing else matters. I imagine game development is no different.

# 32 ODogg @ 05/02/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
But isnt this the point of having penalties?

It happens all the time in the NFL, coaches get irate over almost every penalty called. Thats what makes watching it on Sundays and the sport itself so spectacular!

But I agree with what you are saying!
Yeah it's the point, I mean they make real coaches irate but it's part of the game. So without them, the game isn't as realistic. If people weren't so immature and ADD nowadays they'd realize that although penalties can really hurt them sometimes, on occasion they will also work in their favor.

But then who can understand the stupidity of the American public, lol, that goes way beyond the whole penalties in Madden debate.

# 33 Smoke6 @ 05/02/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Smoke, there are times when I can't think about Madden and this whole exclusive NFL license contract without getting frustrated but that's when I know it's time take a mental break. I am not suggesting people shouldn't feel the way they feel about whatever but they can control how they react.

If EA decides to release sights and sounds ahead of game play, that is what it is and aside from posting about how we would like to see that changed next year, I don't see how deep that topic could be. It's seems far better to discuss the actual sights and sounds but again, people can and do discuss whatever they like. lol

My main goal in regards to entertainment is to enjoy myself for as long as I can and that extends to posting on OS. So if it gets to the point where posting on OS, playing Madden or both are no longer entertaining, I take a break and try again later.
Cool, for once I would like them to not take the Lebron James "decision" route with announcing news on the game and just come out and say it is all. But they have had 7 whole years to work on 1 product. There are trilogies out there that endured that long of a dev cycle and the devs built upon that foundation. EA adds little and subtracts a lot.

To the guys reading and thinking most of us will never be pleased, couldnt be further from the truth. I am comfortable with a great set of gameplay tools and guidelines to keep the integrity of the game intact more than it has ever been.

If we did a direct feature set comparison of past football title to what we have now, would anyone be shocked?

# 34 raguel @ 05/02/12 03:27 PM
I don't like penalties either. I don't necessarily want more penalties, I just want penalties thrown on obvious P.I. plays. If that means less contact (better pathing?) between defender and receiver I can live with that.

Anyone remember the good old days when the receiver could initiate contact and a flag would be thrown on the defense? LOL I had a friend who'd do that to me at least once a game.

# 35 Smoke6 @ 05/02/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
I don't like penalties either. I don't necessarily want more penalties, I just want penalties thrown on obvious P.I. plays. If that means less contact (better pathing?) between defender and receiver I can live with that.

Anyone remember the good old days when the receiver could initiate contact and a flag would be thrown on the defense? LOL I had a friend who'd do that to me at least once a game.
Hold up, let me explain bro, I think their might be some misunderstanding here...

If you love watching the game of football on Sundays, then thats all I want to try and experience on the field in madden. Im not asking for penalties every down, im just wanting most if not all included into the package I pay $60 a year for.

But let it be known that all this should be optional to your liking bro, i just want them to add it with my discretion on if and when I decide to use them or not is all.

# 36 NASCARS @ 05/02/12 04:18 PM
The guy that is the Creative Lead for Madden this year put out a Virtual Playbook diary or whatever last year that said helmet stickers were an important addition to the presentation of the game. Sounds super creative. All I've heard them talk about is new camera angles, motion blur and lighting. Holy crap. Someone needs to shake the hell out of the Marketing guy over there at EA Sports.

You want to really create a buzz in the Madden community? How about you announce that you've revamped the franchise mode? You know, the one that's been UNTOUCHED (minus the cutting of players through preseason that was HORRIBLY done last year) for the past several years. Coaches don't mean enough. Buying upgrades for your stadium literally does nothing. Hell, the logos for moving a team ARE THE SAME THEY WERE IN THE YEAR 2000.

I love gameplay as much as the next guy, but I understand there is only so much you can do with a football game to make it realistic. There are just so many moving parts and contact between the player models (which, by the way, everyone in the game looks like they're on steroids). But there is literally no excuse for the franchise mode, which is essentially a collection of menus, to be as bare bones and horrible as it is.

NBA 2K has team chemistry ratings, coach potential, a completely rendered version of commissioner David Stern and deputy commissioner Adam Silver at the NBA draft, a trade system that allows you to see what a team would want for a certain player (Trade Finder tool), NBA.com homepage with all of the latest scores and stories about contracts, drama on the teams, etc, and a white house visit for the team that wins the championship.

So, gimme a break.

# 37 NASCARS @ 05/02/12 04:27 PM
They've taken away more from the Madden franchise mode in the recent years than they've added to it (Radio Show, Mini-Camp training, Pre-Season position battles, etc.). What's so crazy is that the majority of the stuff they've taken away was from LAST GEN CONSOLES. I know it's got to be more difficult to create a dynamic lighting system than it is for Jim Nantz to record a few lines of dialogue saying the names and team names of places a franchise could move to (or hell, just let them keep the same name EX: Los Angeles Rams).

There are so many problems with gameplay it's hard to list in 1 website, let alone 1 forum or 1 forum post. But the problems with the user interface in the different modes is totally unacceptable. They don't even have to "fix" the game to make it SO much better. Just give us some details that make us more immersed in the total experience. The majority of people that play this game play Franchise mode, either alone or with friends. Make that an enjoyable process rather than a flat one.

# 38 raguel @ 05/02/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Hold up, let me explain bro, I think their might be some misunderstanding here...

If you love watching the game of football on Sundays, then thats all I want to try and experience on the field in madden. Im not asking for penalties every down, im just wanting most if not all included into the package I pay $60 a year for.

But let it be known that all this should be optional to your liking bro, i just want them to add it with my discretion on if and when I decide to use them or not is all.
I'm not disagreeing with you; I'm disagreeing with EA's approach.

# 39 x Adjust x @ 05/02/12 07:18 PM
I'm adjust from the other site, and I'm coming to set the record straight. I'm a tournament players so of course I play different than you guys. I play to win, as do everyone else I play with. Everyone spends $60 so they should be able to use the game how ever they want, I find the tournament competition more exciting than the sim play. But that's another story. I find glitches when I first get the game which is 2-3 weeks early, and I send them to EA. I don't keep them, I don't hide them, and I don't use them to gain. I post videos, show how to use it, and tell everyone what to do. Do you blame me for finding the faults in the game, or the developers for allowing it, or the beta testers for not finding them? You can think of me as an extended beta tester, I find things before the game is out so people like you can have a seamless online experience. So go check my youtube channel, and see how many things i've saved you guys from.

# 40 ClevelandFan @ 05/02/12 07:23 PM
lol why yall mad tho? Sim players will be sim players and tourney players will be tourney players.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.