Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

In video #1, go behind the scenes with ESPN's Mark Schlereth as he talks with Creative Director Mike Young, Designer Patrick Bellanca, and Art Director Jean Adams about presentation. In video #2, he talks with Designer Larry Richart about gameplay.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ODogg @ 05/04/12 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpg88
When will they learn that the whole "EA Sports" presentation just doesnt work. We need CBS/ESPN/FOX. That would take the presentation to a whole different level.
They will never go that route because that requires them having an agreement with a network. Even if one is in place currently there's not a guarantee it will be in the future. That's why they are bound determined to create their own presentation.

# 82 slashpg88 @ 05/04/12 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They will never go that route because that requires them having an agreement with a network. Even if one is in place currently there's not a guarantee it will be in the future. That's why they are bound determined to create their own presentation.
I can understand that. But I feel like if they can get an exclusive agreement with the NFL, then they can get an agreement with the networks. They are the sole NFL game right now and could easily take advantage of it but yet with the lack of improvement, gamers are left to wonder what it would be like with competition.

# 83 jetup2343 @ 05/04/12 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Comparing the scorebug with CBS', its not so much anything else other than that blue. They don't need to change anything, other than getting a different color, and make it more like the CBS colors that they used. From looking at it at first, I thought it'd need a bigger change, but the CBS one proved me wrong.
I thought last years score bug was great. It was sleek and not clunky like this year's. Wonder if they can adjust it.

# 84 SageInfinite @ 05/04/12 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpg88
When will they learn that the whole "EA Sports" presentation just doesnt work. We need CBS/ESPN/FOX. That would take the presentation to a whole different level.
Can't agree with this. I just think they lack the vision and or execution. Network license wouldn't improve this. Looks much better this year though.

# 85 Tengo Juego @ 05/04/12 03:35 PM
The scoreboard would be so much better if it was the actual CBS scoreboard, and not the "inspired" blue bar they've gone with.

It looks a lot like the Madden 11 Wii scoreboard, actually.

A revised M12 scoreboard would have been better.

# 86 frankwyte81 @ 05/04/12 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
I noticed a few tackles that had some physic looking animations. I beggining to think that its not gonna be a full out game with ragdoll physics, but it some instances they are working it into the game. Its a work in progress.

This was the first thing that jumped out at me that some of the tackles looked like the players had limp limbs when falling but everybody on here turned this thread into a bashing thread on the running animations. I think there is some positives to be seen with these videos.
It looks as if they're implementing some sort of partial physic engine, finger crossed. Some of the tackles do show limbs spreading and moving after impact. I want to be excited about Madden. But it's too early to be disappointed and excited about this game.

We need to realize this EA's last year with the NFL license, so they had to step it up. Hopefully Mr. Cam Weber is whipping them in shape over at Tiburon and change their mentality, because this generation of Madden has been awful. I'm not a 2K fanatic, but the healthiest thing for any industry is competition. Competition forces your best effort every year.

# 87 jpdavis82 @ 05/04/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81
It looks as if they're implementing some sort of partial physic engine, finger crossed. Some of the tackles do show limbs spreading and moving after impact. I want to be excited about Madden. But it's too early to be disappointed and excited about this game.

We need to realize this EA's last year with the NFL license, so they had to step it up. Hopefully Mr. Cam Weber is whipping them in shape over at Tiburon and change their mentality, because this generation of Madden has been awful. I'm not a 2K fanatic, but the healthiest thing for any industry is competition. Competition forces your best effort every year.
One thing I do like that Cam has done is doubled the size of the gameplay team

# 88 Eman5805 @ 05/04/12 04:57 PM
The problem is that you're very, very, very aware it's a video game the entire time you're playing. It's probably cuz the very nature of football makes it so or something, but I never have moments when I'm fully in the game like I am with a particular baseball game or at times with a specific basketball game. Especially in terms of presentation.

Madden gets better each year...but the whole make and engine of the game won't allow for that total immersion. Maybe next gen.

For now? Eh. Not too shabby, I suppose.

# 89 jpdavis82 @ 05/04/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
The problem is that you're very, very, very aware it's a video game the entire time you're playing. It's probably cuz the very nature of football makes it so or something, but I never have moments when I'm fully in the game like I am with a particular baseball game or at times with a specific basketball game. Especially in terms of presentation.

Madden gets better each year...but the whole make and engine of the game won't allow for that total immersion. Maybe next gen.

Maybe not completely, but I think you will this year more than ever. I really think they are going all out with the commentary and in game presentation, which is huge in terms of immersion. I guess we will see come August, but I expect to see many people impressed by what they did.

# 90 DeuceDouglas @ 05/04/12 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Maybe not completely, but I think you will this year more than ever. I really think they are going all out with the commentary and in game presentation, which is huge in terms of immersion. I guess we will see come August, but I expect to see many people impressed by what they did.
I really hope with the Audio Playbook coming soon has something about revamped crowd noise. I want the crowd to be LOUD. It isn't bad in M12 but I want to hear lots of spots where the crowd just goes crazy. I've always wanted them to bring back the camera shake and controller rumble when you're playing on the road too.

# 91 baller_of_the_year @ 05/07/12 03:16 PM
Why do they still run like it's the Winter Olympics?

Does EA Sports have their NHL team doing the running animations the last 7 years. This is NOT ice skating!!!?!!!

# 92 ODogg @ 05/07/12 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805

This post sums up the biggest problem with Madden I think...

# 93 KunaghNery @ 05/10/12 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Has anyone realized that the Madden 12 E3 trailer, which Madden 12 didn't have motion blur, but the trailer has the same motion blur that Madden 13 has?

Just wanted to point this out for those who didn't think having motion blur was a big deal. If you've played Madden 12 at all you can tell just how much better it looks with motion blur here, vs what you see in game.
Yeah, Motion Blur will make a huge difference. For me the Madden 12 Player Models and Helmet Models were the BEST of all time. They could keep the player and the helmet models to 13 and export this player and helmet models to NCAA

# 94 Hiro1 @ 05/10/12 07:42 PM
Wait.. so they made user catching easier

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.